“wonderful - ignore any negative reviews”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #20 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 5 October 2010

I have just returned from this hotel after a break with my wife to celebrate our anniversary and all i can say is FANTASTIC!!!!
Some people have written reports moaning but all i can say is that they must be very hard to please. I found the rooms beautiful after the refurbishment and the breakfast first class. There was a wide variety to choose from with both hot and cold options. One thing i especially liked was that you did not have to wait 10 minutes for a coffee or tea refill. The friendly restaurant staff constantly walked around asking if you needed anything and was willing to help. I would like to mention Kerry on reception who was extremely welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. Add all of this to its great location would i stay here again.....YES without any hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2010

Thank you for this fantastic feedback, we are delighted you enjoyed your anniversary break.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester

Reviewed 5 October 2010

We spent that night at Radisson Hotel after a night out in Manchester celebrating my 40th. Reception staff were very welcoming, room was modern, clean and quiet, with brilliant views of the city. Hotel Services had even gone to the trouble of having a birthday card and home made chocolates in our room upon arrival which was a really nice personal touch. Fantastic location, central to restaurants, bars and casino and only a short walk from Canal Street. Can highly recommend this hotel - even the bed was comfortable!

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2010

Stayed here on a Saturday whilst in Manchester.

The hotel is in a great location, easily walkable to everywhere we needed to go. I was very interested to see what the hotel had done with the Free Trade Hall in which it resides, unfortunately there seems to be little or no Free Trade Hall left apart from the front facade. This was disappointing to me, but wouldn't bother everyone!

The hotel is extremely clean, modern and light. The rooms are very comfortable, and have everything you need for a short stay. The Opus bar is very nice inside, and does some good cocktails. My only gripe with the bar was that service was rather slow, and we did sit at the bar for a while on more than one occasion with the staff just walking straight past. A simple "I'll be with you in a second" goes a long way.

Staff on reception and concierge desk are generally helpful, I wouldn't necessarily say friendly, but this does not really bother me anyway.

I am not convinced this is a 5* hotel. Its good yes, but didn't give me the wow factor like, for example an Intercontinental does. I am a top level loyalty club member for both Radisson and Intecontinental and have always found the latter will bend over backwards to make you happy. I do not get the same feeling from this Radisson.

Saying all this, theres nothing big that would really put me off staying here again. Its comfortable, clean and has a decent bar!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I was most disappointed to read that we did not provide our normal high level of customer service and do hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 1 October 2010

Uncomfortable bed, freezing cold room. I couldn't wait to check out and get in to the Premier Inn...sorry, not 5 star for me!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Taraoc1972
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2010

Thank you for your feedback, we are most concerned to read these comments and disappointed that your stay was uncomfortable. Had we been made aware of this, we would have been grateful for the opportunity to make it right for you.

Reviewed 28 September 2010

From check-in to departure, we were impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. The hotel is built on the site of the Free Trade Hall, and retains the Victorian facade; inside a sparklingly modern interior blends with memorabilia of past glories. The bedroom was beautifully furnished, and I was surprised in the early evening by a knock on the door, and a polite enquiry as to whether we wanted a turn-down service for the bed, a refinement which many hotels nowadays omit.
We only wanted a light meal, so opted to eat in their Alto cafe bar rather than the restaurant; the food was excellent and very good value.
Should we need to visit Manchester again, we would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2010

Thank you for this excellent feedback, we are delighted to read that you enjoyed our product and service, and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2010

As a couple who travel rather a lot, both domestically and abroad, I have to say that we were both disappointed with the quality on offer. Don't get me wrong, the bar was lovely, the staff (especially a young woman called Laura on the reception desk) were professional and would go out of their way to assist with a smile, but the room (basic, droll and uninspired) were dated, unimaginative, and could definitely benefit from a face-lift. Not what I would call a 5* establishment. I think, perhaps, we'll stick with a premium Salford rival next time we visit.

1  Thank elsie_shepherd
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2010

Thank you for all of your comments. In the 6 years since opening, we have re-invested a significant amount in to our product including the bedrooms. We appreciate that all personal tastes differ greatly. I mention this as we wouldn’t want readers to be misled that our hotel is in need of refurbishment. As can be read on previous reviews our award-winning product is current, clean and comfortable. As the leading hotel in the City, we are proud to continue to offer 5 star standards.

Reviewed 22 September 2010

The hotel and facilities (pool, gym, jacuzzi) are nice, however I am not sure that it is "5 stars" nice. The 4 star Hilton up the street has nicer rooms. The room was clean and relatively comfortable, but I don't think it has anything particularly special to give it that 5th star.

Unfortunately I cannot say anything good about Sienna Spa. The massage I had there was honestly the worst I've ever had. I booked the "Deep Tissue" massage, and there was nothing deep tissue about it. It felt like the lady spent an hour rubbing lotion in. None of the tension or knots were rubbed out in my back. About 10 minutes into the massage I couldn't wait for it to be over.
My boyfriend also had a deep tissue massage at the same time, and his was only marginally better. He also complained that it wasn't actually a "Deep tissue" massage, but in his case she at least tried ot rub some of the tension out of his back.
I should have saved the £60 and stayed in bed.

1  Thank ktlausanne
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2010

Thank you for your feedback. The Deep Tissue massage is dependant on individual preference which should be ascertained by the therapist at the start of the treatment. Please accept our apologies that this did not meet your expectations.