“absolutely horrid...”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #20 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 1 November 2010

The worst customer care ever received. The room was really hot and stuffy, and on checking out we discovered we had a parking ticket when we were urged by the staff to park there!! I was disgusted by the staff's attitude and would never recommend this hotel to anyone...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank citybreak72
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2010

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay in July. We are sorry you found the room hot on arrival, our sustainability policy is important to us, this dictates that the air-conditioning is switched off while the room is vacant, I hope you would agree this makes sense. The air-conditioning controls can be operated within in the individual rooms.
We do offer valet parking and unfortunately we cannot be responsible for cars parked on meters around the hotel vicinity by guests themselves.

Reviewed 30 October 2010

The brochure, website and reviews didn't - for me - quite do this place justice. I'd happily stay for much longer than the two nights I did. Nice location, good food, stunning building, spacious rooms and the most comfortable pillows I've had in ages... Random point, I know!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business

Thank you for this excellent feedback, we are you delighted you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us.

Reviewed 29 October 2010

I have stayed at this hotel 12 times in the past 3 months. On each occassion the welcome extended was warm and efficient. The staff throughout are well trained and helpful. The food and accommodation are excellent. I shall always use this hotel when staying in the City.
Graham Smith, HR Consultant

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for all of your very kind comments, we are pleased to read that you will continue to choose our hotel as your base and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2010

We stayed at the Radisson for just one night when we went to Manchester for a concert. We went with friends and arrived early to have a massage and a swim, then we all had a pre dinner drink in the bar and the very nice and helpful receptionist Alex recommended a lovely Thai restaurant we. We went to the gig then came back to the hotel for some amazing cocktails, the barman (i wish i could remember his name) made a huge effort to make the perfect cocktails for us and was absolutely charming. It had been a long day by the time we got to bed and found that our bed was so comfortable that we slept like a dream. Our room had everything we needed and was quiet and the bed was soft! one of the best beds i have ever slept in in a hotel. In the morning we had a wonderful breakfast. We will definitely stay at this hotel every time we go to Manchester.
P.s. the staff that turn down the beds and stuff were really nice too, the girl gave me some extra hot chocolate and tea.
Thank you for such an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends

Thank you for this great feedback, we are pleased you had such an enjoyable stay and hope to welcome you back again soon

Reviewed 28 October 2010

Sayed here for three days on recent business trip.

The hotels room were great and must have been recenyl refurbished.

I had a private balcony with tabel and chairs and I would sit and read the paper (the weather was good)

The hotel had everything I needed for my trip and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for this review. We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay in our Al Fresco Suite and hope to welcome you back again very soon

Reviewed 26 October 2010

I spent 3 nights here in September. Great location, I loved the bed, the room service buffet breakfast we ordered was excellent and the afternoon tea there was lovely. The service in general was very good and I was very pleased with my choice as it was quite literally a coin toss between this and the other well known Manchester hotel.

I didn't enjoy the facial/full body massage that much but I imagine these things vary with the practitioner so won't dock a point for this. The entrance is a bit nondescript but still doesn't detract from the hotel, which is very good value for money. I am partial to Radissons as they all have free wifi which in this day and age should come as standard in all hotels - sadly this isn't the case.

Next time I'm in Manchester I'll be staying here and this time in the suite - looks fabulous in the photos!

• Stayed: September 2010

Thank you for providing this detailed feedback. I am sure you will enjoy your stay in a Suite on your return

Reviewed 25 October 2010

As a birthday treat, (my 50th), my eldest daughter treated me to a visit to the Spa located on the lower floor of the Radisson Edwardian Hotel. The staff were extremely helpful, courteous and polite and proffesional. The spa itself was spotless and the lunch we had was delicious and was served to us with a smile and we were made to feel very comfortable. I had a massage, a facial and a manicure, all of my treatments were so relaxing and I felt so at ease. I would have no hesitation in reccomending a visit to the spa at the Radisson. It was, all in all, a wonderful, relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable experience which I can't wait to repeat.

• Stayed: October 2010
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2010

We are pleased you enjoyed your birthday pamper treat and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.