“Best hotel in Manchester, if not Uk”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #23 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 5 March 2011

I am very fussy, and some might say "hard to please" (read my other reviews). I see it simply as I know what I want, and paying money, I expect to get it. Here, I got it and then some.

My husband took me here for 1 night to celebrate my birthday, from start to finish, we enjoyed ourselves. I would stay here again and again, certainly for a few days at a time. We usualy stay at Velvet, but never again after experiencing here. A true top hotel, with restuarants, leading spa, pool. Everything you need under one roof for a great stay.Great location. We managed to park outside, however there are only a few spaces, I believe the nearest carpark is around the corner.

The politest staff I have ever known anywhere. Receptionists were a joy, as were concierge. For the manners alone I'd go back, they were so welcoming and accomodating.

We booked an Alfresco Suite on the 12th floor (room 1212) and got the 'Saville' suite. I believe this to be a luxury suite, the receptionist said it was the nicest suite on that floor. Beautiful. Could not fault one thing (and believe me, I usually do). The cost was £240, and more sq ft for your money than anywhere else. Bedroom was lovely, big windows, separate living room, big terrace overlooking the city. If I was being picky I could say the bathroom's too small, but everything else outweighs this.Comfortable bed, and a very quiet, good, night's sleep.

Had afternoon tea downstairs at OpusOne, which I'd highly recommend. There was a mistake with our order (and the table next to us) and we were all given extra cakes to compensate: good deal. Room service was also immpecable.

The whole hotel had a wonderful ambience, reminded me of The Hotel at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, ans smelt wonderful, like lux spa hotels should. I cannot wait to return. Thank you Radisson.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2011

Thank you for this excellent feedback, we appreciate all of your comments regarding our product and service. We are really pleased you enjoyed your birthday and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,896)

Reviewed 4 March 2011

I stayed here for my Birthday in April 2010 with my partner.
From outside the hotel is really nice with a good central location that was easy to find even in the confusing streets of Manchester.
The room was amazing and the bed was soooo comortable.
I will 100% come back when i visit Manchester again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2011

We are delighted you enjoyed your birthday here at the Radisson Edwardian and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2011

We stayed on New Year's Eve and were looking for a special treat. The main hotel, the spa and bars are impressive and of 5* quality and 5* prices. We also ate in Opus restaurant and were impressed with the food. The room had a huge comfy bed, but overall no real wow factor. The hotel is stingy with the bathroom products and rather than provide luxury goodies you get a big vat of shampoo in the style of traveIodge. Overall a decent hotel, but is far from the best 5* or even 4* hotel which I've stayed in. Probably more suited to a business trip.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marseyB
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we are pleased you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed your meal in OpusOne. I was sorry to read that you were disappointed with the presentation of the toiletries.

Reviewed 24 February 2011

I took my girlfriend to the raddisson for her birthday when we arrived I went to the front desk and asked if we could drop the bags off while we parked up and went shoppin, Alex ( who was at reception was extremely helpful advised he'd send someone out to collect the bags from the car. After some general chit chat he asked if it was a special occasion I said it was my girlfriends birthday he arranged some chocolates to Be sent to the room free of charge, and upgraded our room to a beautiful 12th floor city view room. after going out on the town we returned to the surprisingly smiley conceriege for the time of night. Overall a fantastic stay at a beautiful hotel . Highly recommended !

• Stayed: February 2011

We appreciate all of your feedback and are delighted your girlfriend enjoyed her birthday treat.

Reviewed 22 February 2011

We booked into this hotel as it was in close proximity to the Hilton where we had an evening charity event booked (but no rooms available). Despite confirmation from Expedia that a King Deluxe was booked, we were told on arrival that we could only have a twin. In the hour that it took to arrange alternative accomodation in Manchester we met several other couples that had been told the same thing on arrival, even though they had used alternate booking agencies. We were told by reception that this was an agency problem, although in the 10 years that I have been using Expedia I have never experienced this before - anywhere in the world. I appreciate that they were busy, but offloading twin rooms to unsuspecting customers stinks, and for that reason I won't be using this hotel again.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SteelcityClaret
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. When booking via a third party website, specific room types are not guaranteed so I am disappointed that this was not made clear. Following your comments we intend to contact Expedia with a request for them to inform customers of this.
I am sorry that you would not choose to return but hope you will reconsider this and give us the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2011

We stayed Valentines day/night in an alfresco room. Having stayed at the Lowry previously. This hotel is an absolute gem in the centre of Manchester. Excellent staff, and the food was the best we've eaten in Manchester. The rooms are large airy with all mod-cons. A definite place for us to stay next time.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2011

Thank you for this review, we are delighted you enjoyed staying in the alfresco suite and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 February 2011

Stayed last night with my partner for Valentines and couldn't have been more impressed. The hotel has a wonderful atmosphere, love the older style of building mixed with the contemporary fixtures and the staff are the friendliest I've ever come across. We've stayed at most of the hotels in Manchester, and this is the best, even compared to the Lowry and the Hilton. From the attention to detail in the room to the food in Opus One (the best starter I've ever eaten in my life) everything was spot on. All to good to be true?? Yes it was!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2011

We are really pleased you enjoyed your Valentine's stay. Thank you for this great feedback.