“The service is very good”

Stalls Cafe Bar - Bridgewater Hall
Ranked #1,263 of 2,339 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Central European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Bridgewater Hall contains two restaurants. The Stalls Cafe Bar and the Charles Halle Restaurant. They are open to the general public but are targeted at patrons of the Bridgewater Hall .THe head chef is Marco Tedde. the cooking style is mainly central european. BUT intending diners need to be forewarned!
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The staff really do take care of you. The food is O.K. but not fantastic. It's about the price I would expect to pay - the sticky toffee pudding was the best course... Surprisingly, the wine was reasonably priced. Recommended before a concert.

1  Thank riversmeade

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Lovely place to eat before a performance. The staff were very attentive and the tables cleared as soon as people vacated them. Will remember to eat here in future quite reasonable priced and atmosphere was lovely.

2  Thank angelefc
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We booked in for a pre-concert meal here. The surroundings are nice enough, but I was disappointed to find out that there was no 2 or 3 course fixed price menu, as there is in the Charles Halle Room next door. As we were hungry and wanted a full meal, this meant that we ended up spending well over £30 each including drinks, which I think was far too much for the quality of the food, which was frankly average although nicely presented. Service was variable - most of the time, it was ok but we were ignored for ages just as we were trying to pay and go to our seats, which was irritating.

I realise that you are paying just as much for the location as the food, but it still felt like a bit of a rip-off. The problem with these in-house places is that because catering is not their main raison d'etre, the food quality is often not that good. It was the same with the restaurant in the Royal Exchange.

Overall I wouldn't recommend it, although there is obviously the convenience factor to consider, and it was ok - I mean, it wasn't worth the money, but the food was at least edible. Too much emphasis on presentation and not enough on taste, in my opinion.

1  Thank sfuhere
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Good quality, but way over-priced, especially the drinks. Nice pleasant, modern surroundings See main visit review

1  Thank cathed01
Reviewed 12 January 2013

went for my lunch and must say what a find great british food at its best kippers on the menu winter berry crumble for my pud if you like good honest food this is a must try prices are fantastic . service is good .