“Would like some cheese in my cheese toastie!”
Review of Katsouris Deli

Katsouris Deli
Ranked #214 of 2,398 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Gone our the days when you could order a cheese toastie and get a sumptuous ciabatta oozing with melted cheese out the sides and be in heaven at how gorgeous it tasted.
Now, a dry ciabatta with hardly any cheese, not pleasant at all! Suffered this several times now - last Fridays was the worst yet!
Please - can I have some cheese in my cheese toastie if there is a next time??

2  Thank Napa12

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Went for breakfast ended up having paella with turkey and b/f had the big cat breakfast and it was very very good

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Visited last Friday morning, as the staff ran around like headless chickens as usual – they issue numbered wooden sticks so they know (allegedly) who to give the order to, however they’d issued two ‘number 7s’ so didn’t know whose order was who, decided they’d just given someone the wrong takeout order, then one guy in a panic grabbed the new ‘number 7’ order and ran off down the street to find the customer with the wrong order, while the girl he left behind muttered – he’s running after the wrong person, that’s not the girl who got the other order!
Just a typical example!
A couple of months ago I collected an order of 4 items, checked them in the shop (I’ve wised up!) to find 2 of them labelled cheese toasties both contained nothing but bacon! When they changed that and handed me the bag of sandwiches back, I returned to the office to find I only had 3 sandwiches now, not 4 (I’d forgotten to check the order again hadn’t I!). And yes, generally the staff are rude, impatient and act like they almost resent you for making their day even busier! I once requested for take out, a cheese toastie with black pepper – at which point I was cut off mid sentence and told – the pepper sachets are over there – and she waved at the condiment stand! In other words, we refuse to add pepper to your sandwich while making it, but once its toasted and wrapped up, you can unwrap it pull the melted cheese apart, add your own pepper, stick the halves of your sandwich back together and re-wrap your sandwich! Breathtakingly rude!
This place is so hit and miss – when they get the food right and it is amazing, you forgive them the poor service, but more and more now they get it wrong.
Sad.

1  Thank Massivenapa
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Excellent fast service;food freshly prepared on the day;see what you want when you order the hot food;sandwiches fresh daily & very imaginative packed nicely for taking away;continental breads and good deli area.A delight!

1  Thank TurnipTownsend
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I have been a customer of Katsouris for quite a while but it has got to the point were i am no longer willing to go there anymore due to one rude person. I personally think the food is great and reasonably priced but there is an asian person who is always serving and is very rude to me and my girlfriend for no apparent reason. He practically through our food at us over the counter at one point for no apparent reason. On a separate occasion he asked if my girlfriend could read when she asked him a question about pricing and walked off once he realised the price wasn't displayed correctly. These are 2 examples of the dire customer service we have been subjected to by this individual and I will no longer be a customer of Katsouris while he is still there.

5  Thank Lee2k46