“Joe Average Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 March 2013

The meatball starters you could tell had been sitting around as the top half of the meatballs had been dried out and were hard....I guess they had been sitting out under a heat lamp.

The Pizza's was actually quite good - a little soggy in the middle but a good size...

a reasonably priced dinner but very average food - little disapointed as wanted to stay away forjm the Pizza express chains...maybe not next time.

It was a Wednesday night but was less than 10% full! - so atmostphere was terrible - lighting was way too bright.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

I was one of party of 17 people who had the pleasure of dining at Italia Manchester (previously Rustica) on Saturday. The food, and in particular, antipasto was exceptional. The highlight of the main course was a delightful pumpkin risotto although a couple of the diners thought the lasagne was a little salty. The staff were highly attentive and went the extra mile to make sure we were all looked after. I've been to the restaurant before and on the basis of the food and service we experienced for such a large party I'd have no hesitation returning on another occasion.

Reviewed 5 December 2012

I used to go to this Restaurant when it was called Rustica, and I was quite impressed by the new Management and the new opening as Italia Restaurant, quite good for the food and the service compared to other Italian restaurants "wanna-be". I was very happy to be served by an Italian waiter called Alessandro, professional, smiling and with that kinda attitude that makes the difference in terms of looking after the customers, that was one of the reasons I also brought some friends there but the last time (Saturday) I noticed he wasn't there anymore, I was really disappointed because it affected the service in the Restaurant, which wasn't good as usual... Not sure if I'll be back.

1  Thank AerdnaAilgarab
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Myself and my partner visited Rustica last weekend. the restaurant was extremely busy and we had to wait a while to get our drinks, the food was good, but it seemed to flow easier because of the staff, if it hadent have been for the attentiveness of one staff member in particular the meal and the delay could have been disaster. Thank you to Marghena u made the meal for us. we will be back soon, fantastic service.

2  Thank emma r
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Now called 'Italia Manchester'

We got the wrong starter (we ate a bit of it)

The pizza tasted like it was made with the wrong sort of cheese (we both left it)

Two other tables sent their food back!! (only about 6 full tables in the whole restaurant)

The waiter was friendly but it got rather annoying at times. We could even see the two chef's pulling faces at him!!

Overall, not very good at all. We would not return as there are far better Italian restaurants in Manchester than this.

A quick experience not to be relived my us.

2  Thank aholme1986