The Brasserie @ Mercure hotel Piccadilly Manchester
Ranked #670 of 2,243 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: British, French, Bar, International, European, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Tasty!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

I ate using a Tastecard so food became very good value.

Reasonable menu, well cooked and presented and very helpful and attentive staff.

Not sure about the televisions in the background..
strange for a "high end" restaurant!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank alan m

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Just Had Afternoon Tea...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Having lived in Manchester for all my life and considering my self a 'foodie', it was a pleasure to have been recommended Bar on 3 at the Mercure Piccadilly for Afternoon Tea.
Having found the car park with no fuss, we made our way in the elevator to the 3rd floor. We were greeted a cleaner who step aside as we exited the elevator. Once into the bar there is immediately a noticeable chilled out atmosphere. The music is subtle and non distracting. Martin, the restaurant manager I believe, walked us to our table which overlooked Piccadilly gardens. The menu of tea is extensive, that being said, I opted for a latte which was layered and accompanied with a homemade shortbread, adding a touch of finesse. My friends went for a loose leaf tea (Chinese gun powder and summer berries)

The afternoon tea itself was phenomenal! A variety of finger sandwiches, millionaires shortbread, mini meringues and homemade scones with preserve and cream.

The first word to describe the whole experience was fresh. From the way we were approached and spoken too, to the food and drink.

Highly recommended.

Excellent value for money also.
5/5

2 Thank Rick M
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, good view and good ambience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

I booked a table for 2 for Valentine's day and requested for a table by the window. The view is really good and my date and I enjoyed it alot. We had a 3 course meal and the food is very delicious. The portions were just nice and the service was really good as well. Overall I would say that I am very satisfied with the restaurant's service and food and would definitely come back again.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Shyh Horng L
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Lovely food, lovely staff and great view. Just thought we would call in to have Afternoon Tea. We have seen numerous diners looking out of the elevated view, which looks out over Picadilly Gardens.

1 Thank Covingtons
Dublin, Ireland
“10/10 brilliant stay at this hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and my stay here was absolutely excellent. Met by a gentalman called paul, he was so nice to speak to, very chatty man, welcomed our stay at the hotel, and gave us such a beautifull room, equipt with a shower/bath spottless clean. New towels everyday new clean bedding, a safe, iron, tv, tea/coffee refresments. The breakfast every morning was so nice, they provide everything you could think of. I'm going back in two months time and I'm so looking forward to my stay in this hotel, overall this hotel gets 10/10 from me, amazing stay, amazing staff. Beautifull hotel, well done to the staff who make this stay that extra special.

1 Thank royal87335