The Brasserie @ Mercure hotel Piccadilly Manchester
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Merci Mercure”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The Brasserie at Mercure Hotel has a great view from the restaurant. A great setting is matched with good food. For starters, Mrs C had the Chicken Skewers, which were pleasant enough, and I had the carrot and coriander soup, which had way too much coriander and was too watery for my liking.

For mains, Mrs C and I both had the fillet steak with peppercorn sauce. This was lovely. Steak was beautifully cooked, served with nice thick wedged chips. Some vegetables included with the meal would have been a nice touch, but was not to be. The chocolate pudding was very rich and my winter fruit & rhubarb crumble with hot custard was ok.

Overall, great atmosphere and great feeling to the place. Staff are friendly. Would definitely go back.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank darren c

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Turn the TV off”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Average food served by attentive staff. The restaurant and bar are both pleasant in a sort of 1970's Bond movie style, you certainly feel a million miles away from grotty Piccadilly Gardens just a few yards away. However, the TV's everywhere ruin the atmosphere. It's hard to concentrate or relax with Sky Sports News blabbing away in the background. It's not cheap, however I can live with hotel prices as long as I don't have to be distracted by a goggle box in every corner. Ditch the television folks, it makes you look like the most glamorous pub vault in town.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Charles C
London, United Kingdom
“Tasty!”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I ate using a Tastecard so food became very good value.

Reasonable menu, well cooked and presented and very helpful and attentive staff.

Not sure about the televisions in the background..
strange for a "high end" restaurant!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank alan m
“Just Had Afternoon Tea...”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Having lived in Manchester for all my life and considering my self a 'foodie', it was a pleasure to have been recommended Bar on 3 at the Mercure Piccadilly for Afternoon Tea.
Having found the car park with no fuss, we made our way in the elevator to the 3rd floor. We were greeted a cleaner who step aside as we exited the elevator. Once into the bar there is immediately a noticeable chilled out atmosphere. The music is subtle and non distracting. Martin, the restaurant manager I believe, walked us to our table which overlooked Piccadilly gardens. The menu of tea is extensive, that being said, I opted for a latte which was layered and accompanied with a homemade shortbread, adding a touch of finesse. My friends went for a loose leaf tea (Chinese gun powder and summer berries)

The afternoon tea itself was phenomenal! A variety of finger sandwiches, millionaires shortbread, mini meringues and homemade scones with preserve and cream.

The first word to describe the whole experience was fresh. From the way we were approached and spoken too, to the food and drink.

Highly recommended.

Excellent value for money also.
5/5

2 Thank Rick M
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, good view and good ambience”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I booked a table for 2 for Valentine's day and requested for a table by the window. The view is really good and my date and I enjoyed it alot. We had a 3 course meal and the food is very delicious. The portions were just nice and the service was really good as well. Overall I would say that I am very satisfied with the restaurant's service and food and would definitely come back again.

• Visited February 2014