“Good food but awful service. staff look not bothered”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Epernay

Epernay
Ranked #1,500 of 2,242 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: European
Belfast
“Good food but awful service. staff look not bothered”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

Without a doubt I enjoy the food and location of this bar in the airport. I've flown through Manchester 12 times this year so what I say isn't so much an off day but a consistent performance of the staff.

Every time I've been here I always order the seafood platter. Every time its arrived there's no lemon or butter. Every time I ask the staff for the lemon/butter they react as if I'm being demanding! It's on the menu as an accompient! 1 occasion there was no knife and fork served! Again I had same response as if I was demanding.

The staff struggle to acknowledge waiting people at the bar. They have 3 tills but only ever have 2 open which means they have a visual black spot of waiting people...there response " mate we won't serve you stood there please move 10 feet further up and we will"

In Summary...nice bar...good food.....mediocre demotivated staff.

• Visited October 2012

Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Pre-flight pleasure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

Normally airport food is nothing to write home about and certainly nothing to write a review about. But finding this place was akin to sitting on the proverbial needle in a stack of hay.
With a definite French feel the restaurant boasts a fine selection of both cold and hot foods.

www.manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb.nsf/attachmentsbytitle/epernayfoodmenu.pdf/$file/epernayfoodmenu.pdf

Hopefully the link above will take you to the menu. I had a mixed platter of cured meats, bread, cheese olives and bread. My partner had the cheese board. They were both really fresh and tasty and we could see the chef preparing them through the hatch (see photo1). They boast a superb collection of champagnes and wines and have all the regular beers. Please if you want a good pre-flight meal, stress free and relaxing then come here.

• Visited June 2012