“Best birthday ever!”

Manchester Music Tours
Ranked #4 of 32 Tours in Manchester
More attraction details
Owner description: Music themed guided tours around Manchester that include walking, driving, scheduled, private bespoke, bus tours, general and band/genre specific tours, such as; The Smiths/Morrissey, Joy Division, The Hollies, Oasis, Factory Records, Happy Mondays and The Stone Roses, tours led by Inspiral Carpets drummer and Manchester Music veteran Craig Gill.
Leicester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best birthday ever!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I love Manchester and the amazing musical heritage that shaped me (Factory Records, The Smiths, Stone Roses and even today with PINS). So when my fiance told me that I was going on a personalised tour and it was with Craig from Inspiral Carpets, well......

The tour was within the city and not only was Craig informative, he was very down to earth and had some funny stories as well as non musical Manchester history.

It was a great couple of hours that I will cherish forever! Thank you Craig for making my 50th feel like I was 17 again.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing thoroughly enjoyed!!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We went on The Smiths tour Saturday 3rd May. I booked this for my boyfriend as a Christmas present. Craig was so helpful prior to making the booking and was really informative. We had a brilliant time. Craig is so down to earth and knows he's stuff on the Manchester music scene. Highly recommended and now looking to book for the Stone Roses and Joy Division tours :)
See you soon and thank you so much for everything again :)

Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Made our weekend in Manchester”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We went on the Smiths tour and loved it. We are not from Manchester so we got to see places that we would have not known about. It really made our weekend. Graig was nice and easy going. Highly recommended. Thank you. :-)

Leeds, United Kingdom
“A must do!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My friend and I went on The Smiths/Morrissey tour of Manchester - which included stops at Strangeways, Salford Lad's Club, the iron bridge and cemetery gates amongst others. Craig was very entertaining and knowledgeable about the Manchester music scene - especially as he is part of it as well as being a fan. I would recommend this tour to anyone with an interest in music - and as a "must do" to all fans of The Smiths/Morrissey. The stop off at the Salford's Lad's Club is worth the price of the ticket alone!

Visited April 2014
“One of the best days of my life!?”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Craig has loads of history to tell you about Manchester's rock legends including his own band Inspiral Carpets!! I did the Oasis tour but I'm pretty shure the others are as good as this one.
Worth it!