“Lovely food, large portions.”
Review of I Am Pho

I Am Pho
Ranked #187 of 2,344 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$6 - US$16
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for something different but good value for money this is the place to go. Like the other reviews the decor is very much like a canteen however this doesn't affect the food one bit. I have had the cooked chicken and the cooked beef I personally wasn't a fan of the meat but the noodles and broth was delicious. My boyfriend had the crab flavoured one which tasted really good and was spicy. They come with as much beansprouts and lime as you want. For £7 for a bowl, would definitely recommended this place!

2  Thank Candicebx

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The overall "school canteen" decor does not help the atmosphere, the service was friendly and the choice of Vietnamese Beer was also good. The prices and portion sizes are good with the bowls of Pho being huge and a full meal in itself.
The food was variable, the summer springs roles were really heavily spiced with corrianer which covered more delicate flavours and there was a lack of seasoning. The Pho had a great broth and both the chicken and beef were cooked well, again i think that there was an over emphasis on corriander.
I think averge pushing good would best sum this restaurant up, I would like a bit more authentic decor to may be help the atmosphere. Also beware the chili oil its hot!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Claimed to be the only Vietnamese in Chinatown, this basic restaurant had a great atmosphere when we arrived. Down in a well lit basement, you could easily pass this place by. Standard offerings of Vietnamese cuisine made simply, fresh and well.
Everyone seemed to be having the raw steak noodle soup, which looked amazing, but we opted for Chicken Pho bowls, summer rice rolls (fresh with cucumber, mint) and crackers. Really affordable for two people under £20, and tasty. Would probably go for something a bit more adventurous next time.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I really enjoyed my visit to I am Pho. Its not the place to go if you're after an upmarket dining experience, but the waiters were professional and personable. The menu is limited, mainly big bowls of Pho. But they do what they do very well.
I had prawn summer rolls, with a peanut dipping sauce. They were fresh tasting and lovely. Beware, you get 3 rolls halved. So 6 pieces. Great value, but a bit too much for me! Especially after witnessing the size of the bowls of Pho!
Bun noodles in spicy broth with pork and beef were delicious. Adding chilli paste, or beef paste or any of the other condiments (which grace every table) seemed unnecessary as the broth was already so tasty.
Meal for two, with starters, bit bowls of soup and two beers was just over £30. Excellent value for such a filling tasty meal. I look forward to going again very soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I've eaten some awful meals in some beautiful restaurants. This restaurant is not pretty but the food is brilliant. We had two bowls of raw beef in broth, an amazing salad and a few other dishes. Fresh, spicy and very well priced. I cannot wait to visit Manchester again!