“You won't be disappointed”
Review of Almost Famous

Almost Famous
Ranked #141 of 2,261 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“You won't be disappointed”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

As my title says, you will surely love it. Unless your a boring, standard plain burger eater type person. Then maybe it's not for you.

But if you love big, tasty burgers, which you can grab and stuff into your face. Then this place is the place.

I have read the bad reviews, and some of the are just laughable. Just to cover a few of them. This place has amazing service. Remember its a chilled and relaxed place, not a fine dining restaurant where you would expect to be treated like a king/queen. So if you like that type of vibe, perfect place for you.

No matter what day of the week you go, expect to wait, sometimes you might get lucky though. Remember this place is one of the big names so everyone wants to eat here... I know I love it.

I have been going to Almost Famous since the old place in Northern Quarter, and went to the beach bar last year in front of the Great Northern and now this new place. Still amazing quality food. Especially the River Pheonix Burger and Pig & Waffle Fries. Nomnomnom! So yes, I have easily eaten here 15 times now. Can't get enough of it! Never enjoyed another restaurants burgers since.

Highly recommended!!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Tom Y

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Okay burger, poor service.”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Me and my partner decided to visit earlier this year after I 'bigged it up' after my initial visit in the summer of last year (2013). I have to say I was most disappointed with the service and the size of the portions. They've definitely downsized the burgers and you have to order everything as sides which ends up pricey.

The service is very, very poor. When we arrived, I was told we'd have to wait for a table. Okay I understand but once seated there were tons of empty tables! We were left for a good 15 minutes and once somebody took our order we waited another 20 odd minutes for our food. It's only a burger! Nobody came to for a courtesy check.

Won't be returning. Overpriced for what you get.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank rt050
Manchester
“best burgers”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Excellent if you like absolutely fresh burgers. Depending what time of day and what day you go it is possible to wait up to about 2 hours to be seated. We were lucky in Feb and were seated immediately and after ordering had the food served within 30 mins. Waffles and chicken wings and four different burgers ordered and all arrived at the same time which is what we had requested.. Everything was delicious. Not a morsel was left in the trays. Would deffo go back.

Visited February 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The best”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

What more can I say great drinks had the bi*ch juice cocktail as it was recommended by the bar man I'd asked for a rose wine he said try it, if I don't let it he'd get me a wine it was great. On to the food I could eat here every day there is a bit of a wait but a couple of drinks whilst drooling over the great food coming out and then you get a text to say your tables ready

Hull
“Best Burger in a Long Time!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Almost Famous has now become my favorite junk food restaurant, and I didn't think I could top Red's True BBQ.

I got the Badaboom burger (pictured) which was amazing. We also got some Bacon Bacon Fries which were offensively tasty.

Definitely going to be visiting here again.

• Visited March 2014