“great burgers not so great bar service”
Review of Almost Famous

Almost Famous
Ranked #234 of 2,435 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014

have been a number of times with friends and work mates for meals here and always found the food to be good. There are lots of options and combinations you can try, all i can say is if you dont know what it is give it a go you wont regret it.

the food and drink is reasonable for the portion sizes and the quality with some interesting combinations.

my only complaint is the bar staff were very slow and often either couldnt hear you over the music or were too busy chatting or on mobiles to pay attention, overall it lets the place down. all that would be needed to make it a very good review is take the music down one or two clicks on the volume knob and to get the staff to put their phones down.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,649)

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Came here with a friend after much hype from work colleagues.

The food itself is lovely and you get a lot of it but what it fell down on was the fact it wasn't really a restaurant per se but just a glorified bar where the music is far too loud. But having said that, the music was at least decent and not the rubbish dance stuff you get in those 'trendy gastro pubs' that seem to be popping up everywhere.

My friend and I had a burger each and we shared some of the waffle pulled pork fries - that was more than enough for us and we like our food! So unless you have a big appetite, a burger AND fries to yourself might be a bit much.

Having said that, I wouldn't say no to going back, it was reasonably priced.. £29 for 2 beast sized burgers, one fries and 2 beers.

There's a lot of these places popping up and it's one of the better places for burgers. Certainly beats the nasty Gourmet Burger Kitchen anyhow.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

If you're looking for a great hamburger than this is the place to go! The burgers here were amazing and really big!! Treat yourself to a shake as well as mine was fantastic!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I came to almost famous on Thursday as I was told the burgers were fantastic. When arriving I was unsure if I was in almost famous as there wasn't a sign anywhere and the setting seemed like a children's play area. We was served to our table quickly and was told to order at the bar. The drinks menu include one drink I had heard of and the food menu was worse. I had no clue what I was getting. The staff seem to stand around talking and a couple was seen chasing each other around the bar. Out of around 20, 3 was wearing uniform. This made it hard to figure out who was staff and who was a customer as they were dressed very casually. When my burger and chips arrived I was highly disappointed, the burger was dripping in tomato sauce and the cheese really wasn't pleasant. I was really disappointed in my first visit, and I'm sorry to say i will not return in a hurry.

1  Thank misssophiescott602
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great customer service, the staff dont keep mithering and allow you to enjoy the food.
The food is great value for money and was served quite quick!