“Disappointing” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Claretys - CLOSED

Claretys
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Booked a spa experience, through Amazon Local, for 4 of us to visit the spa. We all chose to have a pedicure and neck and back massage.
On arrival we were told for the pedicure we could choose either nails filed and painted or the foot exfoliation. So clearly we were not having a full pedicure.
There were no robes provided and no relaxation area. There were only 3 loungers for the entire pool / sauna / Jacuzzi area.
The final part of the visit, the massage was no less disappointing. It was more of a stroking than a massage.
This was a treat for a friend's birthday. We were sorry to give such a lacklustre gift

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Manchester
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Lunch and massage amazing, pool and facilities poor!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Myself and two friends booked a 'Sublime Sunday' deal directly with the spa and attended today. This included a three course lunch, 45 min massage and we paid an extra £10 to use the pool, etc.

We had problems with our treatment times as the spa was short staffed, this was eventually resolved and we were refunded the price of one package.

The lunch in Podium restaurant was stunning, you had the choice of four different meals over the three courses and you got a glass of wine too.

We then headed to the pool area, this is something I wouldn't bother with! The changing rooms are tiny, you have one bench and only a handful of lockers. There are no private changing rooms, all open. The pool is tiny, the jacuzzi water was cold and all in all it seemed a little unclean. Standards I would not expect from a hilton. There are only two showers too so we had to wait ages until they were free. With it being such a big hotel we expected more!

We were disappointed not to be given robes and were told to just change into our underwear under the wet towels we had used for the pool whilst waiting for our treatments.

There is no relaxation room or anyway to wait for your treatment and you have to wait in the changing rooms until they come and get you.

The massage however was amazing! It was a full body massage and my masseur was Nadia. Lovely lady! She spent 15 mins on my legs and then 30 min on my back, neck, shoulders, arms and head. She asked if I would like to try a hot stone massage so I tried it and Nadia has converted me! I could not fault the treatment and will go as far as to say it's the best massage I have had!

If you want a luxurious spa day, do not book here however if you want a gorgeous lunch and a fab massage book here. I would recommend you skip the pool area especially if you have to pay extra for it.

2 Thank catlady81
“Fantastic spa treatments”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I took my Mum to the spa for her birthday present and the treatments we had were amazing. We had a fantastic therapist called Nadia. I had a hot stone massage on her recommendation and I can honestly say it was the best massage I've ever had. The facial was great too. My mum felt relaxed and well looked after.
The spa itself has a nice pool and jacuzzi. The changing rooms are a bit cramped and there was no relaxation room. Overall it was a very positive experience.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Today I visited the spa as I have a voucher from Christmas and this was the only time I could book. Rang and told them
I would be about 5-10 minutes late due to an accident that had happened they said yeh that's fine turned up for them to tell me that we could now only have one out of the two treatments which then I asked if I could re book she said no cut me off and said choose a treatment so went for the manicure which was awful hated the colour she didn't speak to me there was people was round half naked etc £175 for my nails to be painted utterly ridiculous. The only polite member of staff was a lady called nadia.

1 Thank Rachaeljad
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“What a shame & let down!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I recently booked a manicure & pedicure at the spa using a voucher I had received as a gift, the website would not let me select two treatments so after booking one of them I rang up to add on the other. I was informed that this would cost £35 to have both treatments. I did actually want the treatments earlier and mentioned this to the person I spoke to on the phone - they told me that usually if you turn up early you can be seen earlier anyway.

On the day of my appointment I arrived at 6.20 in time for my 6.45 appointment - I was informed that it would not be any earlier and asked to sit and wait. (However I was not even offered a glass of water or a drink or anything whilst waiting!!!) - When it got to 7.05pm I asked how much longer it would be - the attendant informed me that it would be 10 more minutes and asked if I wanted to settle up beforehand to save time, which I did but was told the treatment was £50 not £35 I had been quoted.

I wasn't impressed at being told contradicting information and said so as well as the fact my appointment was 25 minutes late already - she claimed my appointment was booked for 7.15 & I had to show her the text message I had received with the allotted time to prove I was not fabricating this! Realising I was correct I was told I did not have time for both treatments and could only have the manicure. As I needed both once I said I would just have to have them only painted and not the full treatment. Obviously this was reluctantly but with an event in 2 days I had no other option. I was asked if I had nail polish on already and I then sat and removed my nail polish in the waiting area when I was called in at 7.20.

The woman who actually did the treatments was lovely and very accommodating and apologetic when I relayed the kerfuffle I had had prior to this, however by this point I was stressed and unable to relax really and enjoy myself - especially with some people swearing etc. right outside the door at one point!!!

All in all a very unexpected experience for a luxury hotel chain, and definitely not the lovely relaxing experience I expected when I received a luxury spa voucher as a gift!!!!!!!!!!!!