“Spa day” 3 of 5 bubbles

Claretys
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Spa day”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Four of us went for a spa day after buying the vouchers for a discounted deal. We had treatments booked at 2.45pm and arrived about 1.45pm to use the spa facilities first. Staff were friendly and helpful. The swimming pool, jaccuzi, sauna and steam room were all good - the only issue was that the whole place is very small. The changing rooms are small and there is no relaxation room so if you have any time at all to kill between using the facilities and having your treatments there isn't really anywhere to go. We all enjoyed our treatments although two of us were in the same room together for our full body scrubs - not what we expected. We were fine with it and found it quite funny, but I'm sure others wouldn't. Overall - a good place for having treatments and using the facilities if you get a good deal, but the spa 'experience' (relaxation room etc) is lacking.

1 Thank benniferbobs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful day and relaxing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I received a gift voucher for my birthday for the Hilton 303 Spa and can highly recommend going. I was welcomed by a member of staff at the reception who addressed me by name and made me feel instantly welcomed. The process from start was both personal and professional and the member of staff that looked after was informative and very knowledgable. I had a massage and a facial and I can safely say it was one of the best massages I have ever had and I felt totally relaxed and rejuvenated after the treatment. If your in Manchester check this place out well worth it :)

Fife, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Prior to my arrival I did e-mail asking whether or not robes and slippers were provided for our treatments or whether this was something we had to bring along ourselves. Only to receive a very short and snappy e-mail and it clearly avoided my question.

I travelled all the way down from Scotland to have a relaxing few days away with my mum and found an excellent deal on Groupon for a 45 min facial, 15 min eye treatment and a 30 minute back, neck and shoulder massage. This was something we were both really looking forward to.

I previously worked for a 5 star spa and know exactly what to expect from a high end spa, which I thought I would receivethis type of quality from the Hilton. Unfortunately to my disappointment however, this was certainly not the service that I thought I had paid for....

On arrival at the hotel, first impressions were excellent! After quickly being directed to the Spa by a very helpful staff member at front desk, we were then greeted by a lovely lady at the Spa Reception. I think she was a staff member? I couldn't really tell to be honest as she was dressed in jeans with no name badge or anything. I thought this was extremely strange, surely being such a prestigious hotel even staff should be in a uniform at all times?

After being shown into the changing rooms, and issued a towel, there was no mention of robes etc for our spa treatments. So I did ask only to be informed that there wasn't any left, even though it was late in the evening and not one person in the spa had a robe on! Once we were finished in the leisure facilities, just wrap a towel around us and wait in the relaxation lounge. Rather embarrassing to be sat in a waiting room with a damp and soggy towel wrapped around you. My mum felt rather embarrassed as the towel would not completely fit around her, and she is certainly not the largest of ladies!

In the changing rooms, they were genuinely disgusting and needed a good clean, there was no hand soap left in the dispensers at the toilet area, no wet swim suit bags left, there was no lock on my shower cubicle and the hairdryers kept over-heating and turning themselves off after a minute or two. Certainly not the standards that I would expect from the Hilton!!!

On our arrival, the "receptionist"? advised that she could move our treatments forward from 7.30pm to 7.15pm which was fine with us so headed to the relaxation lounge for 7.15pm. After waiting quite a while for other guests to come out of treatment, the room to be turned around we were finally called in around 7.30pm.

At no point whatsoever, was I asked is it OK for you to both be in the same room as each other. I did not book a couples massage, I booked two individual spa days. Was rather annoyed and surprised that there was no mention at all about our treatments being in the same room. Rather off-putting and I did not find it as relaxing.

The treatments were fantastic, could not fault them and both of our therapists were fantastic and very professional at all times, although they never returned with our promised glass of water! The main reason I am e-mailing is because I am so disappointed because I had paid for a 45 min facial, a 15 min eye treatment and a 30 min massage, so I do not understand how we were back in the changing rooms for 8.20pm!? Our treatments should have lasted 90 minutes, yet we only actually had 50 minutes worth of treatments?!

I do not normally complain to be honest, but was rather annoyed as this is something that I had purchased for my mum as a treat and was rather embarrassed about it afterwards when she said "I thought it was a 90 minute treatment we were having?".

On my departure I went to voice my concerns at the spa reception, only to find it abandoned with no "receptionist" in sight.

Both myself and my mother left rather disappointed at the poor service we received at your spa. As a "Groupon" customer I am glad that I only paid £44 for my treatments as if I was to pay the full £104 I would be demanding my money back and would not have even left the building until I spoke to a manager.

Overall a very dissatisfied customer.

5 Thank StaceB86
A TripAdvisor Member
“Shabby environment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Oh dear. My friend and I chose to visit using a Groupon, I am so glad we did not pay full price. We were greeted professionally, filled out a comprehensive health questionnaire and was led to the changing area. No gowns, no slippers (although we were warned about the lack of gowns) and the first adjective that sprang to mind was shabby. We used the spa facilities for approx an hour before our treatments, the jacuzzi was poorly maintained with tiles missing and was cooler than I expected. The rest if the facilities were, for want of a better word, meh!

We went into the treatment room waiting area where no staff were in attendance, we made ourselves tea and had lots of time to take in the surroundings. There was a microwave and towels flung in a corner creating completely the wrong atmosphere and what we thought were manicure colours left for clients to use were, in fact, materials not cleared up by therapists who must have performed manicures on the settee! We saw the funny side after I had removed my friend's old nail varnish with it.

I got the distinct impression my therapist was an agency worker, however, I could not fault her work. The treatment couch was large and comfortable, the body exfoliation was ok, but the hot stone massage was blissful! This treatment did make us feel chilled for the remainder of the evening but needless to say we did not spend our evening in the shabby spa!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
“Brilliant, would definitely go again!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I booked a spa daybook me & my mum, great value for money. Great customer services everything went to plan. We filled out the health forms & were offered water & herbal tea, after the form were filled out we were led to the changing rooms they went decent size. After we had got changed we headed to the pool the water was a lovely temperature. The jecusie wad wonderful, unfortunately the sana was closed but this was nothing to worry about. Once we had got changed the lady at reception led my mum to get her treatments done she had a facial, hot stones massage, Indian Head massage & an extra half an hour treatment because it was her birthday she was very impressed with the therapist, I was then led to have my treatments done by a lady called Nadia very professional she was and brilliant to have a conversation With. She did my nails perfectly & my hot stones massage was amazing could have fell asleep. This was a great day & would go again the facilities were perfect & the staff made the day brilliant.