“Terrible all round”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Bake Station
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Living only a matter of seconds from the place and wanting to support the local independent businesses in the area I called in for breakfast on Bank Holiday Sunday. The rude abrupt service matched the poor quality food perfectly and I would advise everyone to avoid the place at all costs. It is such a shame as from the outside the place looks really nice! How looks can deceive!

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We went in for a breakfast and encountered the same rude attitude referred to below. Unhelpful staff. When we asked for a vegetarian breakfast the waitress simply barked "not got any" with no apology or suggestion to substitute. Sour faced and you could cut the atmosphere amongst the staff with the dirty knives. I decided to go hungry although having witnessed the sausages in my friends breakfast I needn't have worried given there didn't appear to be a scratch of pork on the plate. Disappointing.

1  Thank AdamSYorkshire
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I dont even use tripadvisor but these guys drove me to it the worst food and staff ever he fobed me off with white sliced bread coz there out of barms when i azked for a pannini he said no bread is bread speachless considering i spent the best part of a tenner

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Rude staff, poor coffee, very average food. Just stopped for a quick coffee and a light breakfast and wish we hadn't. While we were here at 2 customers walked in a left without being served.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stopped in for a bagel and coffee to takeaway on our way to a local attraction. As we entered a man behind the counter took our order and started making the bagel. We waited at the till for him to come over. Then, another staff member appeared from downstairs, demanded our order from him and snapped that we had to pay; we were well aware of this, that's why we were stood by the till with money in our hands! She charged us £4.80, we gave her £5.80, and she shut the till. Asked for our change and she said we'd given her the correct money - can't tell a £5 note from 4 £1 coins! She gave us our change and then bustled off downstairs again, busying herself getting cups that weren't needed, rather than clearing the 3 tables that had empty plates on them! We were then given our bagel and coffee, were just leaving when she SCREAMED at us from the counter 'You haven't paid for that!' I turned to her and said that we had made an order, been charged what she had asked for, had been given the wrong change and now she was insulting us by saying I was 'stealing' a coffee, which had been given to me by the other server. I asked how much extra she wanted, paid it and left without her even attempting to apologise. She shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the general public as she has the intellect of a root vegetable and the manner of a cow pat. Avoid like the plague.