“Average place, average food”
Review of Buffet Metro

Buffet Metro
Ranked #1,724 of 2,329 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I read a lot of mixed reviews when deciding if this would be a good place to eat. Some good, some bad. I decided to take a chance and visit Buffet Metro and must say it didn't live up to my expectations. The starters were edible but not that good and my boyfriend found metallic bits in his duck for the duck pancakes. Mains were better, you could tell it was cheap cuts of meat (especially in the beef and pork) but some of the dishes, especially the Chicken Malay, were good. However my boyfriend found raw chicken (it was bleeding in the middle). I didn't have a desert but my boyfriend did- he had watermelon and jelly which were both disgusting. He spat them back. I don't understand how a restaurant can get fruit wrong. I'd avoid the deserts if I decided to go again.

The staff were ok, they weren't the friendliest people in the world but they were checking the food, were prompt with drinks. However they did not explain that you can go up instantly. We weren't sure if we should. Which brings me on to the plates. They are tiny. You can't fit a lot on one plate unless you pile it up. You also have to get your own knives as they aren't provided on the table. The tables and chairs seemed cheap and canteen-like but there was nice background music which gave the place a nice vibe.

The drinks are expensive. We found a 50% off voucher for food on their website and it still cost us £18.50 which means 2 drinks each cost £9-ish.

In all, you get what you pay for. Cheap food which is an ok standard. I personally wouldn't go again as I believe there are better all you can eats which are a little more money but make up for it in quality. It's a good place to go if you want something cheap and aren't too bothered about the standard of the food.

There are newer reviews for Buffet Metro

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Must say that went there just cause we were hungry and in rush and location was handy. Usually before i go anywhere i do some research. We arrived just after lunch rush hour so there were only few other tables. Place doesnt make good impression, dinggy, dated, not very clean...bathroom even worse. Couple items on buffet run out before we came and were not replanished during our visit, some items looked a bit dry like they were sitting there for some time. Overall food tasted average, usual basic chinese buffet. Service was ok-ish. I was surprised when my partner when she asked for some more hot water for tea she ordered before she was told she need to pay for another tea. I understand the idea- they want people to order more drink but you cant charge for everything, what next payment for tap water? for ketchup? Only possitive-its cheap but i dont recommend, there are planty of better places also with reasonable prices

Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

Been here a few times due to convenience lately while staying in Manchester. The food is not bad but a lot of it has been there a while and gone dry. The service is terrible, the waitresses very rarely take used plates away even though the place is nearly empty and just stand chatting even though can clearly see my plates are piling up. Good selection of dishes which taste good if they are fresh but most of the time they have been sitting there a while and just say warm. Good if you like cheap food and variety but don't expect anything special. The place itself could certainly do with a makeover its very dark and old looking.

Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

I went here with my son it was a grubby place ,when I went to the buffet the food looked dried up and cold but I got a plate full to give the benefit of the doubt ,I started to eat and stopped it was disgusting I paid for nothing,terrible food,never go their again !

Reviewed 30 May 2013

very little service, didn't inform us about anything, served us drinks and if we wanted another we had to call on them. food was ok but not like London buffets.