“Dirty, Dia, Dismal, Dump!”
Review of Buffet Metro

Buffet Metro
Ranked #1,692 of 2,254 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Seating
Dining options: Seating
Harrogate, England, United Kingdom
“Dirty, Dia, Dismal, Dump!”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Super rude and grumpy staff! We were an inconvenience! No one came to take our dirty bowls so we put them on the side table, where upon the supervisor came and told us off!

At the end of the meal we visited the toilets. O.M.G rank and filthy does not equate to what it was, it had not seen a cleaner this millennium!

Don't go!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Adrian B

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“THE METRO IS THE PLACE TO BE!”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Hi,

I have been visting this restaurant for years now and it seems to get better everytime!

Asoon as you walk in the atmosphere hits you and you know you're in for good food. The pouring of the Shandy, the mouth watering aroma from the chilli chicken, the scoffing of the sausages the first amazing crunch of a prawn cracker, the bubbling of the piping hot curry sauce.

I'm rating this restaurant 10/10 me and my friends visit it every Manchester trip, one of my friends can't get enough and actually drove down one night as he had a craving!

Keep up the good work Buffet Metro! You rock!

• Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cockroach”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I found a cockroach in the sweet and sour chicken.
Very Unhygienic!
They weren't going to give me a refund even though there was a cockroach in the food.
Awful management.
We were told they never wanted to see us again.
Rude.
Caused fuss and argument infront of customers.
If I could give 0 for everything I would! It was absolutely dreadful.. Never visit here!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank LiamG119
Manchester
“Good buffet”
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

When here with my wife on the 14/09 , food was good, ,plenty to choose from, , especially loved the squid. The plates are small so you have to make a few trips to the buffet. Staff were ok.place could do with a lick of paint. Overall enjoyed

• Visited September 2013
“Average place, average food”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I read a lot of mixed reviews when deciding if this would be a good place to eat. Some good, some bad. I decided to take a chance and visit Buffet Metro and must say it didn't live up to my expectations. The starters were edible but not that good and my boyfriend found metallic bits in his duck for the duck pancakes. Mains were better, you could tell it was cheap cuts of meat (especially in the beef and pork) but some of the dishes, especially the Chicken Malay, were good. However my boyfriend found raw chicken (it was bleeding in the middle). I didn't have a desert but my boyfriend did- he had watermelon and jelly which were both disgusting. He spat them back. I don't understand how a restaurant can get fruit wrong. I'd avoid the deserts if I decided to go again.

The staff were ok, they weren't the friendliest people in the world but they were checking the food, were prompt with drinks. However they did not explain that you can go up instantly. We weren't sure if we should. Which brings me on to the plates. They are tiny. You can't fit a lot on one plate unless you pile it up. You also have to get your own knives as they aren't provided on the table. The tables and chairs seemed cheap and canteen-like but there was nice background music which gave the place a nice vibe.

The drinks are expensive. We found a 50% off voucher for food on their website and it still cost us £18.50 which means 2 drinks each cost £9-ish.

In all, you get what you pay for. Cheap food which is an ok standard. I personally wouldn't go again as I believe there are better all you can eats which are a little more money but make up for it in quality. It's a good place to go if you want something cheap and aren't too bothered about the standard of the food.

• Visited September 2013