“Worth a visit” 5 of 5 bubbles

27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

My daughter, my grand-daughter and I went on the Coronation Street tour last week. Although I haven't watched CS for many years, it was still great fun to visit the old set, listen to the guide's amusing commentary and see the delight on my grand-daughter's face as she recognised the various scenes from the programme. Phil, the guide, was enthusiastic and friendly. If you are a fan of CS, it's definitely worth a visit.

York, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Expensive but good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Went on the coronation street tour yesterday with my 11 year old son. They ask you get there half an hour earlier than your allotted time but really no need to. Cafe very expensive £6.25 for a coffee and coke! You are taken to the green room, costume department and various sets. It would have been good to have more time to look at props etc but they rush you through, you are not allowed to take photos or ask questions. This takes about 45 mins and then you are let loose on the street and can spent as much time as you like looking around and taking photos.
Gift shop very poor. Glad I went and we did enjoy but very expensive for just over a hour! Obviously using this as a cash cow for the next 6 months before it's demolished.

1 Thank Steven B
Doncaster
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Ok but overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Visited Coronation Street tour with family ( x2 adults plus 15 & 11 yr olds) today. Pre booked tickets say to arrive 30mins before tour time but this is really not necessary. Just a highly overpriced cafe to wait in with a video loop showing programme aired earlier in the year about move to new media city location. For those who visited the Granada Studios tour in the 90's, please do not expect anything like the same experience this time. This is purely based on Coronation St with a short guided tour
of the internal sets followed by a look around the exterior street. We were unlucky to have a really annoying tour guide (12:40 tour) who was way over the top with his presentation style and rather patronising at times. The tour does feel very rushed and the presentation they give is very scripted and a bit " cheap Disney" by want to be actors! Nevertheless we generally enjoyed the 1.5hr although a family rate of £13.50 per person is a bit steep for what you get to see. A real shame the street will be pulled down later in the year - a very good case for a preservation order I think ! Tip: park for £4.50 for full day in Museum of science and industry which is straight behind granada studios.

4 Thank MarshallsDoncaster
UK
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Loved it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Visited the tour today with my family. Really enjoyable day out & personally I think worth the money (a bit pricey paying £15 for my 3yr old thou) Great to see some of the interior sets & of course be inside 'the rovers' and to have your picture taken. The camera that they use was broken & we only found this out when we went to collect our pictures so the tour guides quickly arranged to take folk back inside to have their pictures taken which I thought was very good of them. Great to see props etc. you are unable to take pictures of the interior sets which is fair enough but you can click away when you were on the cobbles.

Personally I think it would have been better to see more interior sets (I won't say which ones & spoil the surprise) but it's not the be all & end all. All in all a fab day out!

2 Thank FayCharlstonUk
Lincoln, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Quick Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

My partner and myself enjoyed our corrie tour however as some people have said the tour is 50 min inside not 1hr30. I do think £16 is slightly over priced to walk through the set also. Having said this it was great to look round and find out how it is all really filmed! Some really old equipment / buildings! The £7 photograph was extremely expensive in my opinion! A good one off experience.