“Dah da da da da dahhhhhhhh”
Review of Granada Studios

Granada Studios
Ranked #32 of 188 things to do in Manchester
Reviewed 8 July 2014

It is well known by my family and friends that before I die, I would like to be an 'extra' on Coronation Street and Emmerdale. So, my partner booked me a tour on the old Coronation Street set as a suprise on our short trip away to Manchester.

Was it cheesy? Yes. Was it Hyped? Yes. Was it expensive? Fairly. Was it worth it? Well, it was for me! The tour is only available for a limited time and last minute booking meant that we were on at 9.00pm. This was great as there wasn't anybody behind us hurrying us along and we never heard the group in front of us so we were not disturbed. I was sorry that we couldn't take photographs inside (but you could have your photo taken in the Rovers at a cost of £7.50 per print) but once outside you could take as many photo's as you liked.
It is a great trip for Corrie lovers, good fun and allows you to play out whatever part you fancy on those famous cobbles, outside the Rovers, in front of Jack and Vera's etc etc. I loved that the group we were part of were all ages from a young boy of 9 to probably early 60's - all enthusiastic and full of fun.

I loved it! And in my head, I've now been on Corrie!

1  Thank Bev I

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Don't need to be at meeting point 30 mins before as stated on ticket - 10 mins is adequate - there is limited seating and should it rain you get wet! - would have been nice if a screen could have been set up to watch past episodes of the street to build the atmosphere and to relive boredom waiting for your timed tour - our guide rushed us so quickly - I didn't realise anyone could speak so fast - such a pity that we didn't have time to look properly at the inside sets and the memorabilia - there really is a lot to see and read - walking on the cobbles was great and seeing the exterior of the houses and shops - this can be taken at your leisure thankfully - £3 for a small tub of ice cream was a bit extreme - still worth visiting to see the street - if only more time was allowed on the inside tour!

2  Thank ChrySme
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Wow I only went for something to do and I enjoyed it..easy to get too on a free bus too lol....the guide was unkept...he was a nice bloke though...do it it's cool

1  Thank Alan C
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I had my corrie tour yesterday. I would highly recommend to anyone who loves corrie, very interesting & definitely worth the money. I would say the cafe was way too expensive basically a rip off & the gift shop not so impressing & expensive too. Would like longer to walk around the sets inside & be able to take photos especially in the rovers. Having aslong as you want outside is really good but I'd say space the groups out more as it's hard to get good photos with so many people around. Overall it was an amazing experience and our tour guide Dave was really good. Anyone who loves corrie go!!

2  Thank Laura J
Reviewed 3 July 2014

really good value for money excellent tour guide (nick)really knew his stuff and he was only a young lad him self ,cant take pictures of the actual tour but u can down load them from the comfort of your own home with a web address they give u, the tour takes about 45 mins and then on to the famous cobbles where u can spend as much time as u like even going through the ginnel to round the back of the houses, u can even go round the back of the platts and windass house taking photo's

2  Thank JANE21965