“Great staff and location”

Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Piccadilly) Hotel
Ranked #12 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Stayed here 3 nights last week.Combined a visit with family and a trip to the MEN arena. Location was perfect for what we wanted. Car park accross the road was convenient however the price seemed to vary each day without any particular reason other than it was different people on the barriers (you pay on entry)! The first night the guy tried to charge us £15! Needless to say we didn't pay this. Back to the hotel, the check in was very good the girl was very pleasant and friendly, which has not been our experience at other Premier Inns. Room although on the small side compared to other Premier Inns, was very clean as you would expect for a new hotel. My only gripe is that they do not supply sufficient tea/coffee/milk portions for two people, we had to go down and get more! The bed was very uncomfortable, both me and my husband left with backache. They tried to tell us that the mattresses are all the same but this was nowhere near as comfortable as others I have had. We never had breakfast as felt it was a tad expensive for what we required. We ate out. We will nodoubt be back when visiting family again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,640)

Reviewed 31 January 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night on business. The location, close to Piccadilly Village, was ideal for us - we could have walked in better weather! Good rooms and security arrangements, reasonable parking opposite, excellent friendly young staff. Restaurant menu adequate but excellent breakfast. We'll certainly stay again, especially if we can book further ahead next time.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend in manchester to watch a show, the staff were really helpful and the hotel was very clean, this hotel is in a great position next to the train station and walking distance to all the shops. Ive booked another stay here in march

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 28 January 2013

After an awful experience at another hotel in Manchester we had cancelled and just had to find the nearest hotel with last minute spaces. I had never stayed in a premier inn and just cause their generally quite cheap didn't have particularly high expectations. However I was impressed immediately upon entering this hotel, it was clean and nicely decorated, the reception staff were so friendly and helpful. Our room wa sorted out very quickly and the room we got was spotless and just what I was looking for. The food from the restaurant was also really nice. Had a brilliant nights sleep here and even when I slept in for check-out the staff were still friendly. Really impressed and thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2013

We stayed in January for two nights in a second floor room. This is a brand new hotel (less than 1 year old) and is as you would expect, in very good condition and located less than 5 minutes from Manchester Piccadilly station. Check-in was fast, easy and pleasant and the room was comfortable and quiet. Every member of staff we encountered was friendly and polite. This is honestly the best value hotel I have ever stayed in. If the prices stay at such a reasonable level this is a bargain you shouldn't miss!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I seem to always write really good reviews of Premier Inns and that's because they are always good and satisfy all of my needs.

My friend and I love to have city breaks over the space of the year and always look on Travelodge and Premier Inn websites for good deals.

This is a brand new one in the heart of Manchester.

We visited in December whilst the Christmas Markets were on.

Great check in even though it was busy, beautiful bedrooms - typical Premier Inn style, spacious, modern, everything you would need for a sleep over in the city.

Great bar and restaurant - again Premier Inn have really got it over Travelodge.

One of the best Premier Inns I have stayed at and would definitely, most definitely go back.

You will be impressed.

The only problem was that the lifts are really slow. I spoke to an employee of the hotel who actually confirmed they were slow. We were on the 6th floor and at one point I actually used the stairs!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2013

A group of 5 of us stayed here for 3 nights to celebrate a special birthday.

We were all impressed by the hotel in terms of location, cleanliness and helpful, friendly staff. Nothing was too much trouble. Niall on reception was particularly helpful.

One of the rooms we had was disabled accessible and the room we were given was huge.

The only minor flaws to our stay were that we were over charged for a bottle of wine one day. We discovered the over charge the next day and mentioned it to the lad behind the bar who recompensated us immediately. On another occassion we were served tea in tea cups (not mugs) with no saucers!

We would definately return to this hotel and recommend to others.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends