Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Piccadilly) Hotel
Ranked #12 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We had a lovely stay, went to the theatre with my daughter and we were treated like royalty by the staff at the hotel especially by Sam on reception and mike in the restaurant , thank you well worth staying there :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
JOANNA P, OPERATIONS MANAGER at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Piccadilly) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2013

Thank you for a taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was very proud to read that you experienced great customer service and will make sure the team here at Piccadilly receive this feedback as it is really rewarding to know our guests have left our hotel happy. I will also ensure Sam and Mike are made aware they was mentioned personally as this is always a sign that we have made a positive lasting impression on one of our guests and makes me personally very proud. I am really glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you had an enjoyable theatre experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,674)

Reviewed 28 May 2013

one of the nicest Premier inns ive stayed in , though it should be as its very new. fabulous location , near the train station , bars, shops. the staff at reception were pleasant and looked after our bags as we arrived before check-in.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank clareg82

Thank you clare for your recent comments on your stay. We really value your feedback and happy to see that we helped you through your stay.

The hotel has a fantastic location in the city and its good too see you took advantage of the shopping. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed here for the rugby league Magic Weekend. The hotel is fairly new, and the interior is modern and welcoming, as is the reception area. The hotel is well positioned, and only a short walk to the main shopping area, with lots of good pubs nearby.

We were put in a first floor room at the back of the hotel, and thought that this would be a quiet room, as it looked a quiet road below us. How wrong we were, as on a bank holiday monday, we were awoken by a dustbin lorry collecting the Hotels empty bottles! This took around 20 minutes, and was VERY noise, and at 7 a.m. is something we could have done without!! This spoilt what was a very nice stay.

We would stay here again, but would be sure to request a high room at the front of the Hotel! I think the timing of bottle collections needs to be looked in to!!

• Stayed: May 2013
JOANNA P, OPERATIONS MANAGER at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Piccadilly) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel after your stay with us for the Magic Weekend. I hope you had a pleasant time at the event. I am glad you enjoyed our excellent location and close proximity to the shops and bars. We work really hard to ensure that our guests get a good night sleep and I'm sorry on this occasion we didn't accomplish this. I will certainly review the collection times as this is an unsual time for collection, so thank you again for bringing this to my attention.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future with us!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I've stayed in a lot of hotels over the years and the Premier Inn, Piccadilly in Manchester has to be one of the nicest i've stayed in - what i mean by nicest is the staff, they were so friendly and helpful.

On one of the nights I stayed there was a bit of noise outside of the hotel, I jokingly mentioned this to the staff as I was checking out and they said "what night was that" i told them and they said "we have a good night sleep guarantee and have just refunded you for that night" - i never expected this, the stay was decent and the noise only lasted about half an hour so wasn't any real issue. But more hotels should have this sort of service.

The rooms are really nice too, but its a brand new hotel so its to be expected.

Room rate wasn't bad. Rooms were cleaned properly too.

Room Tip: Book online for best rates, Higher floors are quieter it seems.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was very proud to read that you experienced great customer service from the hotel and will make sure the team here at Piccadilly receive this feedback as it is really rewarding to know our guests have left our hotel happy.

Sorry to hear that you was disturbed throughout your stay. We do monitor this to ensure our guests do have a comfortable stay with regular security walk arounds and action any noise as we find it. Happy to see the team acted on our promise.

Hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

I'm becoming a real fan of Premier Inn having now stayed in a few on business trips. This one was no exception:
- Super close to Piccadilly rail station. The most direct route from the station to the hotel is to go out of the exit by platform 1 - you'll see the Premier Inn sign immediately. However, it means you have to go through the car park which is very quiet with virtually no foot traffic (as witnessed both during the daytime and in the evening), plus there is no pavement so if you have a trolley suitcase it's a bit of a bumpy route. Otherwise it's just slightly longer and more suitcase friendly if you turn right upon leaving by the main exit, then take the first right onto Ducie Street, then the first left onto Dale Street
- Quiet and clean room, couldn't hear any outside noise
- Friendly, efficient and smiling staff at check in/out and in the restaurant
- Comfortable bed
- Opted for the continental breakfast, more than enough to fill me up (toast, yoghurt, juice, tea, selection of pastries)

Would definitely stay here again. Hope you found this review useful.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank jytraveller

Thank you so much for taking your time out to write your review. I am very pleased to hear you found our hotel to be clean and quiet with a thumbs up for our breakfast offering! I will ensure the team recieve your comments on there service as they do strive to ensure your stay is comfortable.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Fantastic hotel and great location. Initially it was difficult to find as the entrance is behind the main pedestrian street. Easiest way to find it, if you are walking away from the train station, turn right up a side street and its on the next street you come to. Look for signs saying 'Piccadilly Basin'.

When we arrived the receptionist was a star, really helpful and offered recommendations as to where to eat if we weren't eating at the hotel.

If you are looking for a location near Canal Street, this is ideal. Its about 200 years away from the top of the village! If you are looking to be near the train station and town centre, thats 200 yards in the opposite direction!

Only point to note, if you are staying for a few days (or even if you're not) ask for a high floor. We were on the second floor, but there were 11 floors. I imagine the views up on the 11th would be breathtaking!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. If you like your tea/coffee, think about packing your own supply. You don'...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us. Our reception team look to assist making your trip to Manchester as memorable as we can by assisting with local amenities/ knowledge. I will ensure the team get your feedback as they enjoy seeing your comments. If you return the upper floor rooms have a lovely view over the city in some areas of the hotel.

We always love it when guests return to us so will look forward to welcoming you back lon your next visit.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

Arrived and the express check in/out machine things were down so a queue formed quick but it was obvious a train had just arrived as the whole world and his wife were queuing to check in. Staff were quick to get everyone checked in though, lovely and friendly too :)

Nicest premier inn i've stayed in EVER lol. I'm easily pleased but the card thing on the wall to get your electric/power your room was snazzy and something no other premier inn has had before (well the ones i've stayed in anyway). Also you don't insert your card in a little slot thing its all touch key/pad stuff with your key. Fancy ;)

If you're a button newbie like me though and all these new hotels have so many buttons to press e.t.c you can't quite work out what button is what, after some fiddling around with the taps I got the bath water the right temperature lol... that's the only thing I can (not complain about lol) say I just found it tricky lolol. Lovely hotel and a quiet location, well I heard in the distance (faintly) a bit of the club music and a few train announcements (again faintly) but nothing major to keep me awake and it was a friday night after all so I couldn't expect dead silence and just a few birds tweeting.

The hotel has 10 (or 11 I cant remember) floors so if you don't like being too high up ask for a room on a lower floor. Rooms as always were immaculate. Premier inn are always my preferred hotel to stay at so deffo going to stay again :):):) This one is super snazzy though.

If you're using the train go out the piccadily exit, then turn left and then right and ta da you're there! Which means you don't have to get up super early for your train the next morning as its a 2 second walk ;)

I used this as a base when going to a music festival so it was handy as the venues were a 10 min walk away :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear you found our hotel to be snazzy. Myself and the team are very proud to be working in such a pleasant environment. The express machine are there to express you through your check in process and support queue management so i'm sorry on this occasion they were unavailable. I hope you had a lovely evening a your festival evening and will pass our comments to the team.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future!