Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Piccadilly) Hotel
Ranked #12 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“great location”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Brand new hotel by the historic Piccadilly Basin, an upcoming area, and very close to Piccadilly station so great for travelling to events, theatre etc and the airport (with good early morning rail service, its more convenient than at the airport itself)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank bladeaway
JOANNA P, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Piccadilly) Hotel, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Thank you for your recent feedback on the hotel and that our location suited the needs of your trip. We would like to see you again in the future on any return trips to Manchester and wish you all the best for 2014!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We booked this hotel for a short stay and looking on the map found it was very close to Piccadilly Station. It is 5 minutes from the main station and so is a great location. The room was 'tired' having a large piece of plaster missing from the wall, the soap dispenser in the bath was faulty and although spoons were provided when we arrived - for the tea and coffee the following day they were missing, but they had given us two extra mugs!! interesting but no spoons. The bed was made every day, but I am not sure the room was cleaned as the towels were left exactly where I had left them. For the price of the room it was okay - if I had paid a lot (more than 29) I would have complained.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank solo279
Thank you for your recent feedback on the hotel although it seems that we have failed your stay on ensuring you have a brilliant night stay.

I would like to apologise for the poor repair of your room as this certainly not what we aim for. We like to ensure that all maintenance is repaired before being released back for sale, so that you have a comfortable room to stay in. I will look into this with the team to ensure this does not happen again in the future.

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

It is hard to beat this hotel for its location - particularly if you are visiting Manchester by train. Out of Piccadilly station, drop your case off and within minutes you can be in the city centre, or at one of the universities. Similarly the customer service is superb, with friendly and helpful staff who make you feel genuinely welcome, and remind you of why you like coming to Manchester!

The hotel is clean and modern with large, comfortable rooms in the usual Premier Inn livery. Although I was only on the first floor, the soundproofing was excellent and I heard no noise from the railway or the busy road. I was particularly impressed by the bathroom which was decorated to a very high specification. The only slight disappointment was the bed, which I didn't find particularly comfortable and is perhaps not the the typical Hpynos bed typically found in Premier Inns?

All in all, this hotel offers great value and a warm welcome, and is now at the top of my list of places to stay in Manchester!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Wandering_Viking
JOANNA P, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Piccadilly) Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you so much for your recent review on the hotel.

Fantastic to see that we made your first stay to Manchester a memorable one. The team will be delighted to see your comments and a credit to work with.

The beds in the hotel are all standard Hypnos beds so apologies in advance that they didn't seem to match the usual comfort. If you would like to contact the hotel to let us know your room number we will certainly have a look to check the quality and thank you for this feedback.

We wish you all the best for 2014 and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Cheltenham
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My husband and I booked to visit Manchester for 2 nights at the end of December as we wanted to visit an exhibition at the Lowry. Having never stayed at a Premier Inn I booked it based on the TA reviews and am so glad I did. For 2 nights we were lucky to only pay £58 in total - an absolute steal!

The hotel is located about a 2 minute walk from the train station and we found it very quickly. Reception was empty when we arrived (around 4pm) and we were able to check in straight away by the extremely helpful and friendly staff. The lady (I think she was called Amy) even helped us plan our route to the Lowry (which is based near Media City) which I really appreciated being first timers to the city. We were also given the option of being on the 1st or 8th floors and we chose to be higher as thought it would be quieter.

To get to the rooms you use your room key card to open the doors which makes the hotel feel very secure and also signs asking people to think about the noise they make later in the evening. Shame some of the guests on our floor chose to ignore them and took great pleasure in letting their doors slam shut :(

The room was clean, comfortable and had everything we needed including tea/coffee facilities, choice of pillows and a hairdryer.

The first morning we had the Premier breakfast and were greeted by super host Stevie (what an absolute gem!) and were left to help ourself to as much as we liked from the buffet. We definitely got our monies worth from the selection of cooked breakfast items, fruit, yoghurts and pastries and we filled up on the Costa coffee to set us up for the day.

Will definitely be back as we loved Manchester and loved this Premier Inn. The location is great, close to the train station with Canal Street, the shopping area and the quirky Northern Quarter (with Afflecks Palace) close by.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank erinuk
Thank you so much for your recent review on the hotel.

Fantastic to see that we made your first stay to Manchester and Premier Inn a memorable one. The team will be delighted to see your comments and I will ensure that Amy receives your kinds words.

We wish you all the best for 2014 and look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Leek, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed here with my mum for a night and on booking explained how it was a special treat for her so if we could get our rooms earlier that would be great. We arrived at 11am and our room was ready and waiting. Very clean and comfortable. Would stay here again in a heartbeat, great value for money.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank smallers1
JOANNA P, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Piccadilly) Hotel, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thank you so much for your recent review on the hotel.

It is great to see that you enjoyed the hotel and its value for money was appealing to you. Brilliant to read a lovely review from you and will have great delight sharing with the team.

Wishing you all the best for 2014 and we hope to see you again soon!
Anlaby
Reviewed 7 January 2014

You'll see from my other reviews that I'm a firm advocate of Premier Inns - you know what you're getting and they represent value for money. I was in Manchester for a two day course and decided to drop my case at the hotel en route to my venue around 9am. I was greeted warmly by Siobhan who said they had rooms available if I wanted to check in immediately. This was really helpful as I had a suit 'scrunched' up in my case so was able to put it on a hanger.
I resrved a table for dinner but couldn't see anything on the menu that appealed to me (purely my subjective view) so I decided to head into town. As a courtesy, I called in at the on site restaurant to let them know and it was no trouble at all. The waiter told me it was no problem and to go and have a great evening.
I have trouble sleeping generally, however slept through from 10.30pm to gone 7am - a real bonus!
I was greeted very warmly at breakfast by Cezar who clearly put's the customer at the heart of his role. He explained everything thoroughly and made me aware of items that could be cooked to order. I had the cooked breakfast buffet, which was all hot and flavoursome. A waiter let me know that fresh scrambled eggs would be out in a minute. People in these roles can make a great difference to those of us working away from home - their pleasantness, willingness to help and the quality work done by the kitchen staff can set people up for the day - and they did!

I've no hesitation in recommending this venue to others.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kevin Y
Thank you for your amazing review of our hotel here at Manchester Piccadilly!

It really does make the team and myself smile when they receive such brilliant comments, and I cant wait to pass them on to Siobhan and Cezar in particular, they will be delighted to hear they made your time away from home as good as it possibly could be!

I hope your course was interesting, and that you have a succesful and prosperous 2014!
north of england
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed at the Prem Inn Piccadilly at the end of November, we come for the Christmas markets every year, couldn't get in our usual one (Arena/Printworks) so decided on this one as we like Prem Inn. Room wasn't ready as we were early but reception staff stored our luggage, no problem. Rooms were on first floor, very nice, looked and smelled new, very comfortable and to say we were low we never heard a dicky bird all night. Had a great time round the markets, a few drinks, some nice food. Staff at the hotel very friendly and get the impression they like their job too which gives to a good atmosphere. The location, well it is good as in next to the train station, and especially if you want to dine on Canal Street, its about a 10 minute walk to the shops Arndale/Deansgate, but in all honesty we wished we were at the Arena/Printworks as it is so close to where we like to be and it was a trek back at night. Not really the hotels fault as it was an extremely cold night, and if it had been in summer it probably wouldn't have mattered that much. Was very cold in the night as we couldn't get the heating to work properly although I must say this was sorted out the next day, and with a smile. Would I stay here again? Yea of course, but only if we can't get into our favourite Arena/Printworks. Thanks again Premier Inn

Room Tip: Don't think it matters really, relatively new hotel and all rooms are pretty much the same. But...