“Could do better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sienna Spa

Sienna Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Sienna Spa & Health Club combines a luxurious day spa with excellent leisure and fitness facilities to guarantee that whatever your reason for visiting us, you will find everything you need to achieve your desired outcome. Whether you attend alone or with friends and family you are assured a welcoming and friendly atmosphere that provides the perfect environment for you to exercise, relax and unwind.
UK
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Could do better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

My friend and I booked a spa package at the Sienna - we chose the relaxation package for 2 which includes the 'Rasul' ritual and a massage, as well as use of the pool and other facilities.

The experience was mixed - the women's changing room is a joke, It is absolutely minute -there is no privacy, and if there are more than 2 or three people trying to get changes at once there is simply no room. Given how large the treatment areas and the gym are, it's hard to understand why this was made so small. It's not helped by the fact that there is an enormous mirror propped up against the end wall, which further reduces the space available.
To make matters worse, the drainage in the showers is wholly inadequate - when using the shower, I was put off by seeing the waste water from the other showers (together with a clump of someone else's hair !) flowing into my cubical. The corridor past the showers to the pool was very wet every time we walked along it, and at least twice during the time were were there the water came flooding into the changing room. To do them credit, the staff were very quick to come and mop up the flood when they were told of it, but it doesn't really help create a relaxing atmosphere.

The pool is small, but pleasant, and the steam room and sauna are both lovely. It's a shame there are so few loungers or other comfortable seats in this area, and I was surprised to see only a school-style drinking fountain rather than a water cooler and glasses or cups.

The 'Rasul Ritual was very disappointing - the quantities of salt scrub and body mud were barely sufficient for one person, let alone two, but the biggest issue was the pre-steam part of the 'experience' - the description given was that we would spend 10-15 minutes "baking" in the steam room before starting the steam part of the proceedure. In fact, there seemed to be no heat at all - we both got to the stage where we were considering getting into the shower simply to warm up - it was far too cold to be sitting around in damp swimwear, and short of pushing the emergency button, there is no way to contact staff or to adjust the temperature. Once the steam part of the routine started it did warm up, but it did mean that part of the day was very disappointing. It would also have been nice to have had the option of muting the piped (no pun intended) pan-pipe 'lift music'
We did raise the issue of the temperature when we came out of the Rasul process and told someone would 'look at it', but there was no apology.

We then went on to have our massages, which were good - I was there with a friend - given that the package is specifically sold for couples I was a little surprised that the massage couches are one in front of the other, not side by side. The massage itself, however, was very relaxing.

Over all, I felt that the spa could be much better. One thing which did surprise me was that other than water, there seemed to be no option to get even a cup of tea or coffee without completely leaving the spa and going into the hotel reception. You also have to go through the gym in order to get from the pool/sauna area and changing rooms to the treatment areas, which breaks up the 'spa' feeling a little.

If I were looking for a hotel in Manchester city centre and wanted one with a fitness centre, I'd pick this one. But for a spa experience, I won't be returning.

SiennaSpa, Manager at Sienna Spa, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear reviewer. Thank you so much for your feedback regarding Sienna Spa & Health Club. I am sorry to hear you did not thoroughly enjoy your day with us. Having recently refurbished the Spa area, and made the addition of the steam cleanse ritual, we have found this to be popular with our guests. It is disappointing that you have not fully enjoyed your day with us, as much as we aim to achieve with all of our Spa guests. I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments from your experience with us. All feedback allows us to enhance our service and facilities that we provide at Sienna.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

This spa is super clean, wonderful and very stylish. A true haven for stressed bodies..
my only criticism is that its quite pricey. I went for the couples package and payed £200 for a full body massage and a shower/steam in mud. , i think i would have felt it was better value for money if their was food/light included in the package.

SiennaSpa, Manager at Sienna Spa, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for your lovely feedback from your day with us here at Sienna. We hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.
Cheshire
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Luxurious treat in relaxing surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

A lovely spa - everything provided - robe, slippers and towels. I had the hot stone neck, shoulder and back massage and it was wonderful. The lady was lovely and explained everything to me as I was concerned as in the past massages have not agreed with me. She advised me to drink plenty of water - which I did and I felt great afterwards. There was no rush and we could relax afterwards on the comfy sofas. We then went for a swim in the pool , which although quite small was big enough as there were only a couple of other people in. We then finished off on the jacuzzi and enjoyed the shower afterwards with all the lovely scented shower lotions. Everything was provided - hair dryer and straighteners. I would definitely use this spa again. I must mention the staff who were all so friendly and helpful . Their customer service skills were excellent. I would definitely use this spa again - what a treat - I loved it!

SiennaSpa, Manager at Sienna Spa, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely comments from your day with us here at Sienna Spa & Health Club. We look forward to welcoming you back to us in the very near future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxing massage by friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

My fiancé and I booked for the couples Rasul and full body massage.

The Rasul area was slightly small, and the lighting could be improved. The salts and masks provided were great, although not really enough for two people. Only one plastic cup of water each is provided, but I think a jug of water with two glasses would be more appropriate.

Following the Rasul, there is a waiting area with lounge beds. It looks beautiful, but is slightly chilly, the lighting is a touch too bright, and the lounge beds could be more private if dividers were used.

The room for the couples massage was beautiful. The temperature was perfect, and it was lit with candles. The staff were really experienced, and the massage was excellent. I would prefer if the beds were next to each other, rather than one in front of the other, but this is a small point.

Overall, a very relaxing experience, and I would recommend.

1 Thank Smash18
SiennaSpa, Manager at Sienna Spa, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Sienna Spa & Health Club, and leave feedback from your day with us, we are always striving to enhance our ambience and service within Sienna. I am pleased you enjoyed your relaxation day treatments with us, and do hope that you will be able to visit us again in the near future.
Huddersfield
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A lovely relaxing treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

A birthday treat for my adult daughter, and a lovely treat for me too! We had a lovely relaxing morning, with a beautiful empty pool to swim in after our visits to the steam and sauna rooms. We were both also very impressed with our aromatherapy massages, the luxurious heated massage tables, and the friendly and polite staff. We will definitely go again!

Visited December 2013

SiennaSpa, Manager at Sienna Spa, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Sienna Spa & Health Club. I am so pleased you enjoyed your day with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.