“not very impressed”
Review of Sienna Spa

Sienna Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Sienna Spa & Health Club combines a luxurious day spa with excellent leisure and fitness facilities to guarantee that whatever your reason for visiting us, you will find everything you need to achieve your desired outcome. Whether you attend alone or with friends and family you are assured a welcoming and friendly atmosphere that provides the perfect environment for you to exercise, relax and unwind.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“not very impressed”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My friend and I booked a full day here with a rasul ritual, lunch and full body massage included.
Certainly not one of the ones I would recommend to a friend.
The rasual ritual was ok but you do not really gain full effects from the mud as the baking process was poor.
we had lunch included in the package which firstly we had to get dressed to go and have (which I have never known from a spa day, very inconvenient and not very relaxing) no table booked for us for lunch so had to eat at the bar. had to wait over an hour for our food order.....of burgers. Due to the wait we were then late for our next treatment which was a 1hr massage which resulted in us only getting a 40 min treatment.
was asked to wait in the chill out area.....felt more like a hospital corridor it was cold, to much traffic and had no blankets. it didn't help that as we had to get dressed for lunch we had to then put wet swim wear and robes on after lunch which made us uncomfortable and cold. when we asked for fresh robes we were told they had ran out.

Visited many spas and this is certainly not one of the best, poor design and not well thought out.

on a plus sit the staff were very nice and helpful have no complaints about them.

Visited March 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

SiennaSpa, Manager at Sienna Spa, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent Spa Day with us. I am concerned to read your comments regarding your experience, and would be most grateful if you would be able to contact me directly to discuss this with you.I hope to hear from you soon.

Sydney
“Ok overall”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Overall a very nice spa. Make sure you take some flip flops or pool shoes as all they give you when you arrive is a towel, a locker key and a plastic carrier bag. It's true that they give you free water but when I asked about the relaxation room I was told that was only available if you were having treatment, so I don't think it's fair to advertise those features on pay as you gym. The towel they provide is a good size but I took several hand towels to dry myself on as it was quite thin and got soaked pretty quickly.

The layout is pretty awkward in that you have to cross the gym to get to the changing rooms, and come back out to reception to get more water. The ladies changing rooms are far too small and as the door is off the gym be careful you don't get changed on the far left hand side opposite the doorway. The showers are great, hot and powerful but the cubicles are tiny and there's no where to put your stuff. As the water builds up quite a lot on the floor and it's not just run off from your own shower it's a bit gross having to put your stuff on the floor. They provide shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion which are all lush.

The hair dryers are great and they have a set of ghd stylers there. The lighting is that annoying low level stuff which is useless for doing make up. The top and bottom lockers are spacious but the middle row look a bit small.

The pool is tiny but a nice temperature, not too cold. The whirlpool bath is tiny. Steam room is a good size and sauna is ok. The sauna doesn't have the coals though which I prefer.

Without being able to use the relaxation room, I can only categorise this having slightly better facilities than the average gym.

SiennaSpa, Manager at Sienna Spa, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for your comments from your recent visit with us. The Pay as You Gym pass does just entitle you to use of the Gym and Swimming Pool. We do offer a day pass directly with Sienna Spa & Health Club, which includes access to the Relaxation Area and towels, robes and slippers. This can be bought directly from us. We do hope that we will be welcoming you back to Sienna in the near future.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“One of the best!”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Myself and my sister have been on many spa days together now and we both agree this has been one of the best. The staff were lovely, our massages were brilliant but most of all the surroundings were so relaxing with the pool, sauna and steam room being in the same room but not crammed together and the very relaxing room which we were shown to before and after our treatments with the beds, mags and fresh water was bliss. The ladies showers were having a makeover on the day of our visit, which we were contacted about before the day and we were given a couple of other shower options to use which was perfectly fine. We also went to the bar upstairs afterwards for a glass of champagne which we enjoyed and the man that served us was lovely. Clean and professional, very pleased and hope to return in the future!

Visited October 2013
SiennaSpa, Manager at Sienna Spa, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your Spa Day with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sienna in the near future.
UK
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Could do better.”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My friend and I booked a spa package at the Sienna - we chose the relaxation package for 2 which includes the 'Rasul' ritual and a massage, as well as use of the pool and other facilities.

The experience was mixed - the women's changing room is a joke, It is absolutely minute -there is no privacy, and if there are more than 2 or three people trying to get changes at once there is simply no room. Given how large the treatment areas and the gym are, it's hard to understand why this was made so small. It's not helped by the fact that there is an enormous mirror propped up against the end wall, which further reduces the space available.
To make matters worse, the drainage in the showers is wholly inadequate - when using the shower, I was put off by seeing the waste water from the other showers (together with a clump of someone else's hair !) flowing into my cubical. The corridor past the showers to the pool was very wet every time we walked along it, and at least twice during the time were were there the water came flooding into the changing room. To do them credit, the staff were very quick to come and mop up the flood when they were told of it, but it doesn't really help create a relaxing atmosphere.

The pool is small, but pleasant, and the steam room and sauna are both lovely. It's a shame there are so few loungers or other comfortable seats in this area, and I was surprised to see only a school-style drinking fountain rather than a water cooler and glasses or cups.

The 'Rasul Ritual was very disappointing - the quantities of salt scrub and body mud were barely sufficient for one person, let alone two, but the biggest issue was the pre-steam part of the 'experience' - the description given was that we would spend 10-15 minutes "baking" in the steam room before starting the steam part of the proceedure. In fact, there seemed to be no heat at all - we both got to the stage where we were considering getting into the shower simply to warm up - it was far too cold to be sitting around in damp swimwear, and short of pushing the emergency button, there is no way to contact staff or to adjust the temperature. Once the steam part of the routine started it did warm up, but it did mean that part of the day was very disappointing. It would also have been nice to have had the option of muting the piped (no pun intended) pan-pipe 'lift music'
We did raise the issue of the temperature when we came out of the Rasul process and told someone would 'look at it', but there was no apology.

We then went on to have our massages, which were good - I was there with a friend - given that the package is specifically sold for couples I was a little surprised that the massage couches are one in front of the other, not side by side. The massage itself, however, was very relaxing.

Over all, I felt that the spa could be much better. One thing which did surprise me was that other than water, there seemed to be no option to get even a cup of tea or coffee without completely leaving the spa and going into the hotel reception. You also have to go through the gym in order to get from the pool/sauna area and changing rooms to the treatment areas, which breaks up the 'spa' feeling a little.

If I were looking for a hotel in Manchester city centre and wanted one with a fitness centre, I'd pick this one. But for a spa experience, I won't be returning.

Visited January 2014
SiennaSpa, Manager at Sienna Spa, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear reviewer. Thank you so much for your feedback regarding Sienna Spa & Health Club. I am sorry to hear you did not thoroughly enjoy your day with us. Having recently refurbished the Spa area, and made the addition of the steam cleanse ritual, we have found this to be popular with our guests. It is disappointing that you have not fully enjoyed your day with us, as much as we aim to achieve with all of our Spa guests. I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments from your experience with us. All feedback allows us to enhance our service and facilities that we provide at Sienna.
“Fantastic place”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This spa is super clean, wonderful and very stylish. A true haven for stressed bodies..
my only criticism is that its quite pricey. I went for the couples package and payed £200 for a full body massage and a shower/steam in mud. , i think i would have felt it was better value for money if their was food/light included in the package.

Visited January 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

SiennaSpa, Manager at Sienna Spa, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for your lovely feedback from your day with us here at Sienna. We hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.