“Impressed”

Saffran
Price range: US$13 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: SAFFRAN restaurant at The Trafford Centre is pleasantly located in the quiet area of the booming shopping mall. It’s in The Great Hall, which makes for a peaceful sit-down dining experience away from the hustle & bustle of people walking out of the shops and fast food joints.Our philosophy is to serve amazingly fresh and delicious food while sticking to a practices of making sure every single dish is as healthy as possible to reach goals of healthy lifestyle and overall well being. Our Tandoori clay oven makes our food just iresistible. Even Andrew Parkinson, a valued member of the Jamie Oliver Team visited SAFFRAN and got introduced to the concept and food. To make a long story short he was very impressed and in his own words “SAFFRAN is nothing but amazing!”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

I visited with my wife and 4 week old son. The service was quick and the food was spot on. Very clean and lean according to the missus. Would go back!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Excellent healthy food and great service (particularly Dean!).

Ordered piri piri chicken. Very succulent and makes chicken from other places seem dry and tasteless. Sides include low GI options like brown rice and sweet potato- unheard of in chain restaurants.

Only minor criticism would be that the starters are quite small but still delicious!

Great homemade sauces also to have. All very healthy and no need for ketchup and mayo as the dish and sauces provided are so flavoursome.

I'd completely recommend going - best food out in a long time. Very refreshing to eat out to such high quality. Go and give it a try for yourself!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I must say the food was really tasty for low fat but was very disappointed with the portion size. It was inconsistent.

Ordered the hummus, which was plentiful though there was 1 small pitta cut into tiny strips - misleading as the menu says 'flatbread'. I know pitta is a flatbread but why not say pitta. Give more as well, pathetic portion.

Hummus was lovely, very nutty and fresh.

Halloumi, was really nice - salty and very flavoursome. There was BARELY any of it.

The main meals were more hearty but not cheap £10.50 each. My husband ordered a Naanwich thing. You would think this would be a Naan, you'd be mistaken. It was merely a thin wrap with a very small corn on the cob and HALF a baked sweet potato. Again very misleading.

I did see someone order a pizza, looked lovely and big. The burgers though actually looked tiny and pathetic. I would have sent that back if I got that.

One half of the sandwich didn't even have any meat in it. He felt ripped off. Though the food again was lovely just a rip.

I ordered the piri piri chicken which was wonderful, and there was more of it. The rice was tasty and the salad plentiful. Still felt a bit expensive though. There was no sauce served with this, you would have to pay even more money for this. Annoying.

The atmosphere is cold, sits more like a very expensive canteen and is right by the external doors so it is freezing.

The music was great, mix of pop and soul.

The service was terrible; the waitress literally dropped our food on the table and walked away. She forgot one of our drinks order despite writing it down. We had a money off code and she told us to remind her as she would "definitely forget".

She was not interested and either arrogant or trying to be too cool. Either way we werent impressed. Its not that she wasn't nice, she just had a bad attitude. She warmed up at the idea of a tip though. Yes I still tip, though not as much. I worked in restaurants and know how little they pay.

Final judgement.

Lovely fresh and surprisingly tasty low fat food. Value - very poor. We left hungry.

I would go back but only if they either:

1. Increase their portion size significantly
2. Decrease their price significantly.

It's too much like a canteen. We kind of wished we had saved our money and gone barbarrito, much better value.

Do NOT even consider going without a money off code, even with I felt mugged.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I booked this through groupon as a birthday treat for my missus. It appealed to me as we were watching our diets and saffron advertises healthy meals and all main courses were less than 500kcals.

We got there ordered our drinks and were shown to our table. 2 glasses of wine and a lemonade. Not difficult ? Wrong. Forgot lemonade. Tried to unsuccessfully grab a waiter for 5 mins so went to bar were I was greated to a grumpy chap who I think may of been the manager. No apologises just handed it over.

We ordered the food which took over 35mins to appear. It was quiet ? Why so long ? Whilst we waited 2 couples left. One as they were left waiting for their food and another because they complained about their food and just upped and left.

When our food finally came my veggie burger was burnt black and the too of my wife's pizza was also burnt. We ate what we could because we were starving and left the rest. When we complained we were told that's the style of cooking.apparently cremating food is all the rage now a days !!

Don't go unless you want to waste your money.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We were given a joint birthday present to visit Saffran so it came recommended with good reason. We were looked after from the moment we arrived, with friendly service from Dean and timely arrival of all courses and drinks. There was plenty of choice on the menu, one of us being vegetarian and each dish was healthily portioned and very satisfying. For someone who doesn't have pudding very often these days the chocolate mousses served in half an orange were very pleasing. Ignore those critics who gave a bad review!