“First time here.....”

Saffran
Price range: US$12 - US$18
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: SAFFRAN restaurant at The Trafford Centre is pleasantly located in the quiet area of the booming shopping mall. It’s in The Great Hall, which makes for a peaceful sit-down dining experience away from the hustle & bustle of people walking out of the shops and fast food joints.Our philosophy is to serve amazingly fresh and delicious food while sticking to a practices of making sure every single dish is as healthy as possible to reach goals of healthy lifestyle and overall well being. Our Tandoori clay oven makes our food just iresistible. Even Andrew Parkinson, a valued member of the Jamie Oliver Team visited SAFFRAN and got introduced to the concept and food. To make a long story short he was very impressed and in his own words “SAFFRAN is nothing but amazing!”
“First time here.....”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Bought a Living Social deal to try out this restaurant.

Markets itself as healthy, flavoursome food, with 'no white flour, white sugar, or deep frying'.

We had the mushroom soup of the day which was well made and contained ALOT of fresh mushrooms, and also the chicken teriyaki which was succulent, well seasoned and complemented with a tasty jalapeno sauce.

For mains we had the tandoori chicken, one with saffron and the other peri peri flavoured.
Overall the chicken was well cooked and juicy. The saffron flavoured chicken was slightly too salty for our liking but overall the taste was spot on otherwise. Thigh meat is utilised, which has been cut and filleted into appropriate sized, manageable chunks. I prefer the choice of thigh rather than breast meat as it retains good flavours and juices. The side dishes included corn on the cob, vegetables/salad and a delightfully baked sweet potato.

A generally pleasant experience with solid tasting, healthy food at a affordable price in a comfortable venue.

“Excellent”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Went here for the first time and what amazing food, really tasty (not salty) as one other comment made. It was quiet and very relaxed, service was good and they were really pleasant telling us what the food entailed on the menu and explained the dips etc.
I don't know where a couple of the other comments went to eat as they didn't go here!!!!!!
Had a really enjoyable evening dinner and will definitely go back. Thanks for a lovely evening to you.

“SUPERB”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I have been to Saffran many times now. I have seen below a few bad reviews and I just wanted to put online my opinion.

The food and service is superb. I am on a very low carb diet and this place suits my needs.
The chicken dishes are very succulent and flavoursome. I know pro rugby players go here to get their fill.

As a firefighter I need to keep fit and healthy and this restaurant is perfect in that respect. It's really the only place I go when eating at the Trafford Centre.

The service I have received has always been top notch.

My fiancé is a veggie too and she has a few options that she enjoys.

All in all the place I always think of eating if visiting the Trafford Centre!!

Bolton, United Kingdom
“Excelent”
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Really different and novel meal - we went for lunch and had their naanwiches that are very tasty and wholesome

Visited October 2013
Saddleworth
“Impressed”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

I visited with my wife and 4 week old son. The service was quick and the food was spot on. Very clean and lean according to the missus. Would go back!