“A fun look at local history”

Manchester Ghost Walk
Ranked #7 of 31 Tours in Manchester
More attraction details
Owner description: Flecky Bennett Productions The Manchester Ghost Walk The Tavern Of The Dead Manchester England The Haunted Canal Experience Manchester The Chorlton Chiller Gtr Manchester London's Highgate Ghost & Vamoure Walk
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A fun look at local history”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We went on the Manchester Ghost Walk and it lasted around 1.5 hours. We were given interesting and humorous facts about various hauntings and about the history of the local area as we went along, I'm amazed how much I didn't know about Manchester city centre having been there so often. The tour wasn't really scary but I did jump once or twice! I would recommend this tour as it opened my eyes to places I'd walked past and never really noticed before. The tour is all outdoors so take a brolly in wet weather.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Tribbletoo

Glasgow, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Scary, funny and interesting.”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I just happened to come across these reviews as I am about to go to Manchester again and was looking for things to do. I realised I never did leave a review for this tour when I went 2 years ago this August.

Myself and a few friends came here during my hen weekend and we absolutely loved it. From start to finish Flecky and scared us senseless but we laughed so much too. I can't even remember the stories.....I don't think we cared if they were true or not because I think the way it was advertised was that it was entertainment. We knew before we got there Flecky was an actor and would entertain us rather than lead us on a tour and just tell us stories. He was great and his friend was fab too. Appearing in corners and scaring us. We did find it interesting what he told us and I remember looking around at where we were and just being amazed at how far underground we were and enjoyed looking around at everything. I have been on a ghost tour in Edinburgh before and was not as impressed as I was with this one. The guys work hard for their money and it's not expensive either so well worth it.

Visited August 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“boring, not scary, pointless.....!!”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

i wasn't impressed with this ghost walk at all, it wasn't scary, it wasn't funny flecky's stories (there were not many) were boring and uninteresting. He was more interested it trying to advertise himself to other as we walked around Manchester. He also chatted away about thing most of the time that were totally unconnected to the " Ghost walk " I have been on other ghost walks in other cities and loved them, unfortunately this did not live up to my expectations

Visited June 2013
4 Thank Urdygurdy
Ian W, Owner at Manchester Ghost Walk, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
This audience member is obviously confused.

The Manchester Ghost Walk tells the "well documented & true" accounts of twelve stories throughout a 90 minute performance.

When devising the ghost walk 5 years ago I attended many different ghost walks throughout the country, and the average performance time was 60 minutes and around only 6 stories.

All stories have to be, in line with Visit Manchester & Visit England, true and well documented. If this person doesn't think the stories are scary enough, he obviously needs to attend a horror attraction, and not a historical ghost walk.

Flecky Bennett for the past three years was part of Manchester Comedy festival, and was short listed for best comedy performer by the Comedy Store, and The Manchester Ghost Walk was awarded Visitor attraction status, with the highest possible rating.

On Flecky Bennett Productions website there is over 500 amazing reviews to back up the quality and excellence of these performance, with many people coming back time and time again.

In conclusion this is the only person in five years of trading who has attended a performance and left a bad review. I think that speaks for itself.

Also this reviewer has left terrible reviews for other businesses on tripadviser and was forced to retract his first review because it was highly offensive, and as with this one, aspects which are untrue.

Ian Waring

Flecky Bennett Productions
Oldham, England, United Kingdom
“fleckys ghost walks”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I went with family and friends and had a fantastic time, a combination of history, ghost stories and flecky bennet makes it a night i will never forget and is really good for the money. I will be doing other fleckys walks and would recommend them to anyone who loves a scare.

Visited April 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

lancashire
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Entertaining underground tour of manchester”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Booked this after reading about his ghost tours. Tickets arrived promptly and arrived at the meeting place ten minutes before the tour started. Flecky already waiting,dressed in his trademark boots, coat, hat and red contact lenses..what a character and very informative.
Under the streets of manchester we went, 160 foot, about twenty ish of us, he told us some tales of presumed people who died down there, held a mini séance,and called out to the dead...true or not, it was taken seriously..I have since tried to google search these people, but, drew a blank.
Flecky also threw in a bit of local history, tour lasted one and half hours, it seemed to be dragged out a bit, but, all in all glad I went and I think, worth the £11 each that we paid. I want to book his ghost walk tour next, but, will wait until winter for that one.

Visited May 2013