“First time but wont be the last.”
Review of Annies

Annies
Ranked #196 of 2,470 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Annies is owned by actress Jennie McAlpine and her husband Chris Farr. Located just off St. Ann's Square in the iconic Royal Exchange building, tucked away from the hustle and bustle, Annies is the perfect setting to eat good old fashioned food and relax in comfort and style. For a business lunch, traditional afternoon tea, pre-theatre meal, leisurely evening dinner or a private party, Annies is the place to find traditional, good quality food and friendly service. Let us look after you!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

As a couple we have never experienced afternoon tea. We decided we wanted have a look online for a tea room in Manchester and we came across Annies. When I saw who owned the tea room I was excited because I knew it would be beautiful and lets say it was. We recieved a very warm welcome, was shown to the manager who then showed us to our table. The atmosphere was so relaxing and peaceful. The waitress was very friendly and came straight to us. Explained all the sandwiches and informed us that they didnt have a certain sandwich to which was perfectly fine. We opted for the presecco afternoon tea. The presecco was really nice, the Yorkshire tea was delicious and the food was also delicious and suprisingly filling. The decor of the premise was beautiful and the layout was perfect. The price at the end was great for the perfect service we recieved. We will be back to enjoy your beautiful tea room very soon.

2  Thank Steven H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,339)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Quaint old-fashioned surroundings, albeit a little dark. The fairy lights are cute, but the flashing was annoying. Staff very pleasant. The food was ok, but certainly nothing special enough to justify the price. ‘Grilled bread’ with my hummus was just cheap white bread toasted. The hummus was bland. The pesto on my Halloumi salad was out of a jar. The halloumi was cheap. I could have made the same meal at home much cheaper and used better quality ingredients.
My husband’s burger was ok, but again nothing special. It was hard to manage his burger and chips on a breadboard. When are restaurants going to get the message that most people hate their food being served on a breadboard?! It’s a tired gimmick.

2  Thank pinkie1990
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Dined with friends for diner. The service was very good throughout our meal and there was a great atmosphere. The soup of the day was cream of mushroom, which was very tasty, as was the scallops and the crab cakes. The portion size of the Scallop starter had been reduced since my last visit, which was welcomed, as there was previously far too much black pudding.

The Grilled Skewer Trio went down very well with my guest who was impressed with the combination, cooking and taste. My waitress kindly paired my sea bass with the accompanying dishes for the cod loin as I had a dislike for courgettes. All our dishes were enjoyable. We have visited the restaurant again for dinner and the level service was maintained.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have never been here before so was treated by my lovely friend to afternoon tea for both our birthdays. The staff had put balloons and banners on the table, the food was really nice, lovely fresh sandwiches and yummy cakes and scones. We had a great afternoon, thank you to the staff who made our visit very special. Will definitely visit again in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went for lunch with my daughter on her recommendation and was not disappointed,dispite a small hitch with my meal which was sorted immediately I would highly recommend this place the decor is lovely the staff very friendly and the food excellent,next time visiting Manchester I will certainly go back.