“Great Hotel, Great Stay”

Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street
Ranked #61 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 7 April 2013

It is a great hotel just few minutes walking from the City Center. The rooms are modern and functional. I have stayed there 5 days in a family room and I had a comfortable and pleasant stay. Clean and comfortable bed, funky shower. Staff was exceptional, friendly and helpful at all times. Always offered to call me a taxi or help with directions. TV in the room and Wi-Fi (free of charge) available everywhere including the bedrooms. All in all I would recommend it to any one who is looking to visit Manchester cause you get all of that for even 28.00 GBP per night if you book in advance.

Room Tip: If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask the receptionist, they know a lot about the City an...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments and compliments. It is wonderful to hear you had such a pleasant stay with us and I shall pass on your comments to the team on the service you received from them- it is great to hear.
I'm very pleased you would recommend us and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street

Reviewed 5 April 2013

Had a chance to stay with my family. Great location clean and tidy rooms and good service. The only bad thing is not having its own parking but there is a big car park just across the road which only charges £ 3 for 24 hours.

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank Rufi999

Thank you for your comments. It's great to hear we were in a good location, were value for money and you felt you received good service.
We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

(1) Great polite staff at time of my stay.

(2) Very Clean

(3) A little off the city centre though. Although it is only 8-10 minutes brisk walk from Piccadilly the walk is awkward.

(4) Wireless (free) was clogged up and would not stream. As this is a new building, this should have been up to speed. They have not done their sums right. So as you are advertising free wireless internet Ibis,,,update it and make it work properly. If you don't update it and make it work , then it should be removed from your advertising as it is an inaccurate claim.

(5) Booking procedure is inaccurate and untidy.Maybe as a result of bad translation from French? The booking process says you need a credit card to be presented at time of check in. You do not. I do not have a credit card so I expected an argument at check in.

(6) Rooms really need a proper chair (not a plastic stool), and more of a work desk, and not a shelf

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay and for giving feedback on some of the features and facilities; I will pass that on to the relevant people.
I am very pleased to hear you found the staff polite. The team and I hope you will consider staying with us again in future.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Excellent room. Bed is nice and firm so it gives a good supportive night's sleep for any person of any size. And was longer than my own bed! I am nearly 5'11" so normal beds end up with my feet getting caught on the bars at the bottom. Not so with this one. Not very comfy for sitting on to watch the tv for the evening, could do with a small soft armchair in the room, it will fit! Plenty of strategically placed plug sockets which was great as I had brought my own travel hairdryer and kettle and even a toaster, also had my phone charger and netbook. (I was staying for 3 nights). The heating was very easy to operate and responded immediately. Door key takes a few attempts to work at first but that is nothing to get bothered about. Internet is a bit hit and miss to be honest, I was on the top floor (6th) and although Ibis's own network was easy to get on, the signal showed as weak compared to excellent in the foyer. It worked for doing stuff like just going on Facebook but I struggled to watch stuff on Netflix; it kept stopping and taking ten minutes to buffer every time it lost the link. I also struggled on making phone calls as well (I'm on talk mobile) for some reason - possibly just the solid construction of the building obscures the signal? I got bored with the limited selection of TV channels of which lots were shopping/bid channels supplied although the flat screen TV was lovely. Could do with something like a laminated list showing the channels and respective Sky numbers to save having to trawl through the channels; on the morning it took ages to find the radio stations on it (radio 2 is channel 310!) Didn't go to breakfast here, did myself tea and toast in my room every day but did order the 9" pizza for £6 on my last evening which was hot and tasty.
Saving the best til last - the shower rocks!! It has LED lights in the shower head so every shower was a disco in my head ha ha
Definitely walking distance to the town. I got a taxi from Piccadilly station to the hotel on my arrival in Manchester as my case was big, that only cost £3.30, then needed to get from the main road by the hotel Great Ancoats Street down to the Arndale Centre where I was due to work for 4 days. There is a bus stop over the road to get a bus to Piccadilly Gardens, it was something like 216 or 416, supposed to be every 4 minutes. At 9.35 am I was waiting at the bus stop, one eventually turned up at 9.55. After this I walked there and back each day, it takes 20 minutes.
The staff are very friendly and lovely and would definitely recommend this place. I booked only less than a week in advance and got three nights for £74.
If you want an amazing dinner, I suggest Jenny's Restaurant under the Britannia, they do a carvery as part of a 3 course meal for £10. I wanted to take the chef home....

Room Tip: The lower floors might have a better wi-fi signal? Only a guess...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Jo_Dee541

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay and the many compliments you made on the facilities and the team.
It's great to hear you found the bed comfortable and you were pleased with the design features in the room; in particular the LED lit shower.
The wifi is for basic use and does not have the capacity for extensive usage ie. streaming.
Many thanks for your suggestions, I do take all of them on board and feed back to the relevant people whenever possible.
I'm glad you found the hotel was in a good location for the city centre and am especially pleased you were impressed with the service you received from the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

I've stayed in an Etap hotel before so knew what to expect from this new hotel, operating under Etap's new name. It's just north of Piccadilly station - walkable, or one stop on Metrolink - and just off the inner ring road. The immediate area is semi-industrial on the ring road, and New Islington is undergoing redevelopment, but it's pretty quiet and is well-placed for the city centre and Northern Quarter.

I had a double room, no-frills but comfy. Only complaint was the size of the toilet cubicle - but I'm a big man - and the blind on the window, which did not come the whole way down meaning I had sunlight right on my face in the morning. The bed was pretty hard, which in itself is OK, but sometimes I felt the springs. Still slept OK. Free wifi and a TV with all Freeview channels is a good touch.

As the hotel is very cheap there were a number of party groups in the hotel. I didn't hear anything, though my partner thought he could. The 5th floor was pretty quiet.

Would I stay again? Yes, especially at the price I paid.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up at the front have a good view over the city.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm very pleased to hear you felt we were in a good location and there are good transport links to the city centre.
I'm glad you were impressed with the free wifi throughout the hotel and the flat screen TV's with freeview channels.
It's good to hear that overall, you had a comfortable stay and would chose to stay with us in future. We look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

This was a great choice of hotel for a one night stay in the city; good location, spotless in the room and for the price we could not have asked for more!
Only very very slight downsides were that there could have been a bath mat as the shower directly in the room and the pillows a bit thin, but apart from that we would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Many thanks for leaving a review of your recent stay. I am really pleased you were happy with the locaiton and felt the hotel was value for money.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

New budget ibis.location 10 minutes by foot from picadilly station,that is ok.clean,new facilities,close to etihad stadium.For me it is cheap,but too much budget,no place in the room to put your things.One night,the room near there were load party at 3-4 am but no phone in the room to call management.Heating is by air conditioner,when you enter the room and switch it on it takes the time to heat.Our last night there were only hot water from the tap and no cold at all,again no phone to call,you can burn yourself.I believe that this hotel good for youngsters or those who come for 1 night to see Man City match

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your feed back. I am sorry you felt the hotel was too basic, however the facilities are designed in line with the budget rates we are able to offer our guests.
I am pleased you felt the hotel was in a good location for you.