“Modern cool young hotel”

Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street
Ranked #64 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Hotel was nice,very clean room,clever made for young people,clever stuff and ligtinig in rooms.Lots of cleaning stuff,fast and comfy hotel,very cheap,nice breakfast too.Location was good too...................................

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments. It's great to hear you were impressed with the hotel and we hope to see you again in the future.
Frederic Dumont

Write a ReviewReviews (1,506)

Reviewed 23 April 2013

I found the hotel and room exceptionally clean. Receptionists extemely helpful & welcoming. Rooms basic but adequate. Breakfast buffet was well presented and plentiful. My complaint was with the bed. I suffer from bursitis and the bed was too hard, consequently I had a very bad sleepless night.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay. I am very sorry to hear you felt the bed was too hard, as I'm sure you're aware we receive mixed reviews on the mattress depending on guests preference, however I am genuinely sorry that it wasn't suited to you.
I am really pleased you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay with us and many thanks once again for your kind comments.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

Stayed here for one night whilst meeting up with friends on a night out. Its within walking distance from Manchester Piccadilly station. The room was comfortable. The interior was lovely. A lot better than the old ETAP in Salford. Really clean but ill put that down to being new. I'd like to see how it looks after a years wear and tear. We only paid £20 a night which is just brilliant value. We got a taxi into town which was £6 each way, again really good value. The only downside I could find was that the shower really didn't get hot. It was luke warm at best. The pressure was fine and would have been a brilliant shower if there was some hot water. I was slightly disappointed with that. However, all in all, it was a real bargain for a night out in Manchester.

Room Tip: Book early and its under £20!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay. I am happy to hear you had a comfortable stay, it suited your needs overall and you were pleased with the new design of Ibis Budget.
We hope you will chose to stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Stayed here for one night whilst in Manchester for a Concert at the MEN Arena. The Hotel is clean and bright, very clean and well laid out. The staff were most obliging and for the price paid this was superb value. Very close to the main railway station and now with the Metro tram link outside(New Islington Stop) just one stop to Piccadilly Rail station and two to the Etihad Stadium.
Wonderful value, lovely breakfast which again was well laid out in an attractive area.
The rooms were a little on the small side but really do the job for short stays in the city where a clean comfortable place to return to is your priority.
The only problem I had was the lack of a kettle in the room, rather annoying if you feel the need for a drink late at night or first thing in the morning. Really however a small point given the exceptional value for the price paid.

Room Tip: The higher rooms have good views across the city.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I'm pleased you were happy with the service, found us to be in a convenient location for you and felt the hotel was value for money.
It is part of the budget package that the tea and coffee facilities are offered in the reception areas only; One of the elements carefully considered to ensure we are able to offer our guests a budget rate.
Once again I am pleased you enjoyed your overall stay and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights .I would like to compliment them on the service and friendliness of all the staff We had a problem with our flight tickets and the manager took time out to assist us and print off tickets for us The new tram connection and new station are in front of the hotel,or 4-5 pounds form Man. city centre,There is a computer for hotel guest to use which is complimentary, 24 hrs snacks and drinks.The buffet breakfast is simple but well priced and more than adequate.
Overall for the price this is the best budget hotel we have ever stayed in ,certainly a welcome addition to the overpriced city centre hotels ,will definitely return

1  Thank KENCORRALEJO
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review, it is great to hear we are the best budget hotel you have stayed in and you felt it was good value for money.
You are more than welcome for the assistance with the tickets- I am pleased we managed to help you.
I am very pleased to hear you were satisfied with the service you received from the rest of the team and had an enjoyable overall stay with us.
We really hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in future.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I was visiting Manchester for a Uni open day on 16th March so stayed overnight on 15th. I booked a triple room and only paid £25 for it as i booked over 20 days in advance. £25!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE VALUE if all your looking for is a clean bed and a good shower. Having stayed in numerous Ibis Budgets and Etap hotels before i kind of knew what to expect, basic and spotless, and again it was. However, what with this hotel being brand new i was pleased to find a more modern style room than the previous etap hotels I had stayed in. The friendly staff were amazing and couldn't have been nicer. The Metro stop just down the street gets you to Market St and the Arndale in about 6 minutes and is only 2 minutes and one stop from Piccadilly station. I went up alone but still ventured out on Canal Street for a few drinks. Rather than pay for a taxi I walked back to the hotel, well it was more of a sideways stumble than a walk. The area is pretty quiet with not much about, as the area is being redeveloped but i felt safe enough walking alone after dark, and it took about 15 mins to reach the hotel from the city centre. Would 100% recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a bargain. Remember to try and book more than 20 days in advance as thats how i got it so cheap. But im sure the price jumps up for a saturday night :)

Room Tip: Book early to get discounted rates
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I hope the University Open Day was successful and we will see you in Manchester again soon.
I'm pleased you managed to secure such a great rate online and were pleasantly surprised with the new, modern design of the Ibis Budget Hotel.
Thank you for your kind words about the team and for recommending us to others.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Great value stay at the ibis hotel, pollard street, manchester
Only there for one night, but everything you need for a short stay, friendly staff, didn't have breakfast, but the breakfast area looked nice, only a ten minute walk from the railway station, easy acces into town centre also, would defenitely reccommend this hotel for a stopover in Manchester

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Many thanks for your kind review. I'm very pleased the hotel fulfilled all your requirements and you were happy with the service you received from the team. It's also great to hear we were value for money and in a convenient location for you. Thank you for recommending us.
The team and I hope to see you again in the future.