Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street
Ranked #62 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Lovely friendly staff. Always willing to help. Rooms are spacious and clean. Some may not like that its not carpet in the rooms but we loved it. Fresh, simple & modern. Your own heating & cooling system was fantastic. TV had most channels. Bed seems hard but the most comfortable sleep we have had since we left for this trip. Will defiantly stay here and the ibis chain again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments and compliments. I'm thrilled to hear you were impressed with the team, they will appreciate the positive feed back. I'm glad you were happy with the rooms and the new design of the Ibis Budget Hotel.
I'm very pleased you had a comfortable nights sleep and will return to stay with us in future. We look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street

Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

In Manchester for concert we needed somewhere near Etihad and found perfect location in Ibis Budget Pollard St. As there were 3 of us we opted for family cocoon room. The room was massive with double bed, sofa bed and an overhead bunk bed. Only thing if you are shy is the shower room is separate from the wc with a frosted glass door into the bedroom ok if you're sharing with family but a bit embarrassing and awkward if its friends. Hotel itself very clean, staff very helpful and continental breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you very much for your review. It's great you felt we were in a perfect location for the Etihad Stadium and were happy with the level of cleanliness and service you received.
I'm glad you were pleasantly surprised with the size of your room and enjoyed your overall stay.
We hope to see you again in future.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel and for the price I could not knock it. The staff were very friendly the rooms were clean and modern and the breakfast was even good. The hotel is situated right near the canal which is nice to side at in the sunny weather. Would thoroughly recommend to young people wanting a cheap weekend in Manchester!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank scarlet_barber
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments and compliments I was thrilled to hear you were impressed with the hotel and the team and found it value for money.
We hope to see you again in future.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Stayed here as a couple on the Tuesday 28th May 2013. We booked a double room for around £20. We used the hotel as stop over before flying out of Manchester Airport. We travelled down on the train from Edinburgh into Man Pic. The hotel is only a short walk away. Proabably around 10min or so. We went out the wrong exit of Manchester Pic station so it can take longer of you do what we did. The hotel is situated next to New Islington metro link stop so you can hop on it out one stop to the Ibis if you wish from Piccadilly station. Check in was easy and first impressions of the room were good. I've stayed in the easyjet hotels which were more expensive and the ibis is much better. We had a window, tv and free wifi. The lights around the room are quite nice and their is an LED light in the shower. The room was clean and the bed was fine.
There is a buffet breakfast in the morning for around £4.95 and you could also buy snacks and alcohol from reception 24hours. There is also a costa coffee joined to the hotel.

For around £20-30 I would highly recommend this hotel especially for close proximity to Manchester Piccadilly and the city centre itself

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm very pleased to hear the hotel was in a good location for you and you found the travel links to and from the hotel convenient.
I'm very pleased you were happy with the service and were impressed with the design features in the rooms.
It's great to hear we're value for money and offer more than our competitors for a cheaper rate.
Thank you for recommending us and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Booked 2 nights at short notice. Very reasonable at £30 a night for 2. Clean, modern, friendly staff. Only fault is the bed which was the hardest thinest bed ever. It actually gave us both backache. If they invested in better beds it would definately get a higher rating!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for writing a review. I am thrilled to hear you were pleased with the rate and you found the staff friendly.
I'm sorry to hear the bed didn't suit your particular preference, we receive mixed reviews on the mattress provided, however I understand your reasoning and am pleased all other aspects were satisfactory.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

We stopped here as we were going to the Ethiad stadium to watch MUSE. The staff were superb the rooms superb, what let it down were the thin walls where every noise was heard,
As you expect on a concert night there were going to be some rowdys in the hotel. The hotel has to have a zero tolerance policy after midnight or it will not work as a base to stop. We wont stop again for that reason there were four of us and we all agreed no point in getting a bed if you cant sleep? Such a shame as everything else was perfect.

I travel a lot in Europe they have this zero tolerance policy in a lot of hotels you get warned once, second time they pack your bags the rest of the hotel sleeps.

Such a shame because everything else was perfect.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for leaving feed back on your stay. I am very pleased you described the hotel and staff as superb, but sorry to hear you felt the walls were too thin.
We endeavour to deal with any cases of excessive noise as quickly as possible and have measures in place to control this, including issuing warnings and/or eviction if necessary.
Many thanks once again, I am pleased the hotel exceeded your expectations..

Reviewed 4 June 2013

I wasn't exactly over impressed with this hotel, however, I didn't expect much anyway as it was reasonably cheap at short notice. The room was surprisingly large, but I think this was mainly due to the minimalistic furniture inside! There was one double bed, with a single bunk above it. Way over in the corner there was a tiny desk mounted to the wall with a small tv above. The sink was beside the bed, with the shower just behind separated by a glass door. Very strange layout, however I wasn't bothered as it was only for one night anyway!
As others have mentioned, the location of the hotel is very good.
Free wifi was good, not super fast, but certainly adequate. Especially as it is free!
Hair dryer was available for £10, which I got back in full when I returned it the next day.
Probably wouldn't stay again, but I think it would be a great choice for backpackers travelling as a pair or in a group!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to feed back about your recent stay. I am pleased you were pleasantly surprised with the size of your room and you were happy with the location.
I am also glad you made good use of the free wifi available throughout the hotel.
Toiletries not present in the room are available to hire or purchase from reception 24 hours and an ironing room is also located in reception for guests to use at their leisure.
Thank you once again.