“Excellent value for money”

Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street
Ranked #62 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 29 June 2013

When I searched for a hotel at the last minute for a brief stay in Manchester the ibis budget was one of the cheapest and seemed decent but with knowledge that it was a 'budget' hotel my expectations were pretty average. As soon as I walked in to the reception area I was amazed by how modern and inviting it was. The woman who was working at the check in desk gave me a very friendly welcome, went through amenieties, the times of breakfast and made sure to tell me that if I had any questions or requests someone would always be on the desk 24/7.
After the welcoming check in I was surprised again by how nice the room was compared to a Travelodge which was more expensive. The best way to describe is to liken it to very expensive student accomodation. There was a normal double bed with a tiny desk and stool in the corner with a flat screen television. There is only a seperate tiny room for the toilet that I would not reccomend for people who are claustraphobic. The sink is in the main room as is the shower only seperated by a frosted door (only get a double room if you are with someone you are comfortable being naked around as it would be awkward otherwise :p) Although the room was basic which is what I expected, it was again very modern and very clean as well which I was impressed with.
A great random feature is that the shower lights up different colours (which is great for people like me that are amused by small things). My only gripe was that the bed wasn't the most comfortable that I have slept on with only one pillow for each person however it is still sleepable. The location whilst not be the most attractive it is quite convenient with only being a 10-15 min walk to the city centre with a metro link station and bus links on the door step. I cannot comment on the food as I did not eat breakfast there but I thought £4.95 was definitely a decent price (less than the Travelodge and Premier Inn).
Overall I would reccomend this hotel if the price was under £50, depending on what day you stay there (I paied £39), the staff were very friendly giving me extra towels and glasses when I asked for them straight away. If you want a cheap place to stay in Manchester and are on a budget this is the place to go.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your recent stay. I am extremely pleased you were impressed with the service you received upon arrival and throughout the duration of your stay. It's great to hear your overall stay exceeded your expectations and you felt the transport links were convenient.
The team and I hope you will consider us for future bookings.

There are newer reviews for Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street

Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

Location is good - 10 mins walk from Piccadilly station. The hotel was clean and the rooms had everything you'd expect for £33 a night - bed, tv, shower, toilet, towels and air con. Hair dryer was available to rent from reception for £10 deposit which was returned when you handed back the hair dryer. Hotel was safe and secure - someone on reception 24 hours a day and you needed a room key card to activate the lift. You could purchase pizza and drinks from reception. Definately value for money and more than you'd expect from a budget hotel. Staff were also helpful and friendly. I would stay here again no problem.

• Stayed: June 2013
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay and for your kind comments.
It's great to hear you were happy with the facilities and the price you paid and you were also satisfied with the service you recieved from the team.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back again in future.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

I booked this hotel when I booked my Robbie Williams tickets way back in November 2012 and for £28 for 2 people we had reservations about what I would get for the low price but we were not disappointed. I read on the website that they don't provide tea & coffee facilities in the room so I 'cadged' a travel kettle from a colleague (and glad I did as I Sunday morning I certainly needed a caffine boost after the night before!) When we arrive Saturday we were greeted by Frederic Dumont the manager who couldn't have been more helpful. When we got to the room we were very happy with what was provided, we were on the 6th floor. The room was more than we expected and was very clean and I loved the rope lights round the room. The noise was minimal apart from a few doors banging. The only downside was that the bed was hard (but can be expected for a budget hotel) but after the night we had as soon as our heads hit the pillow we were asleep!! Would certainly book this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind comments and compliments. I am very pleased you were happy with your stay and felt it was value for money.
It's great to hear you were happy with the service and I hope you enjoyed the concert.
The team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2013

Reviewed 26 June 2013

The checkin was quick and easy and the staff on reception were very helpful. The room was nice but as most other reviews state the bed was a bit hard but other than that everything else was fine. Breakfast the next morning was very good.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for leaving a review on your recent stay. I'm very pleased to hear you found the staff helpful and you were pleased with your room and breakfast.
We hope to see you again soon.