Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street
Ranked #60 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Decent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Clean hotel with friendly staff. A short walk from the city centre & main train station and there was a tram stop just 200 yards or so from the front door. Facilities were good and was more than satisfied with what we got for price paid. Had to stay a 2nd night due to the weather though and we were charged £59 when it was advertising as £33 on the front of the building!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Paul C
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay, I'm very happy to hear the location was convenient, you found the staff friendly and the hotel clean.
The advert on the board is to inform people that rooms can be booked for as little as £33 subject to occupancy levels and time of booking.

I hope you had a safe journey back the following day and you will think of us again when planning future visits.

Frederic Dumont

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
St Helens, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Close to city centre and clean are the best things I can say about this hotel. My friend and I spent one night in a twin room, it was nicely decorated but neither of us slept at all due mainly to the rock hard beds which were the width of a child's bed and not the usual size for a twin-bedded room.

The pillow (I stress pillow) was so thin that I resorted to folding it in half to bulk it up.

The toilet cubicle was so small that even I at 4ft 10in had very little space.

No tea/coffee making facilities, which we have always had in previous stays at other Ibis hotels.

Breakfast was really disappointing, as we were not told when we paid for it that it was continental breakfast only. No hot food.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Many thanks for leaving a review of your stay.

It is standard for the Ibis Budget brand to offer tea and coffee in the reception area 24 hours and to provide 2 pillows per 2 people. However should you require any extra linen i.e towels/pillows they are available to collect from reception 24 hours.

The Ibis (red) hotels are the 2 star brand offering extra amenities (tea and coffee in room/restaurant) for a higher room rate.

I am sorry to hear the beds and the lay out of the room did not suit your requirements; however I am glad you were satisfied with the location and cleanliness of the hotel.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

I randomly decided to book a night in this hotel, after staying in the Ibis in Liverpool, and really enjoying it.
However, it REALLY is extremely budget. I guess its like staying in a hostel.

When I got into bed, I noticed black streaks all over the white sheets. I went downstairs and complained, and a lady came up with fresh sheets, which she explained I would have to change myself.
I showed her the marks, and she said she thinks they were pressed into the sheets during cleaning- I could understand this, however whoever made this bed would have seen this, and should have replaced the sheets??

When I took the sheets off to change, a saw a number of different hairs embedded in the mattress. I was utterly disgusted, it was very off putting. I literally curled up into the smallest ball, and slept in the corner of the bed, as I did not want to be on the filthy mattress. I felt like being sick!

After my horrifying experience, I did write an email to the hotel complaining. I received a response from a Mr Frederic Dumont. He offered a 20% discount on my next stay, however I explained that I live in London and only randomly decided to go to Manchester for the night, and would not be returning. So asked if there was anything else he could do.
I was ignored, and did not receive any other response.

I would warn anyone contemplating this place, to not go!
ps. I could only upload 3 photos, however I have many more on my phone.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Natty101
Luton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

I booked the Ibis because I left it too late and there was not much choice in this price range. I paid £49 which wasn't too bad. Good things about the hotel: room was very clean, comfy bed, good air con, 20min walk from town centre. Bad things: toilet a bit claustrophobic, no kettle in the room and lack of bath mat so when I was having a shower floor got a bit wet (since the shower is in the actual bedroom). In general, I was quite happy with the room, my boyfriend wasn't.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you for leaving feedback on your stay.
I'm pleased you were satisfied with your overall stay and felt the hotel was in a good location for the city centre. For future reference, if you do need any extra towels or a bath mat for the floor please come and see one of the receptionists who will happily provide those for you.

I'm sorry to hear your boyfriend was not happy with the room but we do hope you will consider us again for future visits.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Hotel staff were attentive, bearing in mind this is a budget hotel I didn't expect them to be so customer focused. Room was clean, location was spot on and the drinks were reasonably priced. Would defo stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Many thanks for leaving feedback on your stay.
I am very pleased to hear you were pleasantly surprised by the level of service you received and felt the hotel was in a good location.

We look forward to seeing you back here soon.