Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street
Ranked #62 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
“Exellent!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a 2 night break! Really makes me laugh some of the negative views for example police car sirens! Our stay was fantastic from the moment we checked in very friendly young receptionist! Rooms are basic but very nice and clean for a budget hotel I have stayed in much worse that are not classed as a budget! Would not hesitate to stay here again.loved the disco shower:) keep up the good management :) thanks for a pleasant stay. ...debbie

• Stayed March 2014
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you very much for your kind comments; I'm thrilled you felt you had a fantastic stay and were impressed with the service you received throughout.

It's also great to hear you were happy with the standard of cleanliness and modern design features in your room.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Frederic Dumont

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I have just returned from an overnight stay having booked 2 rooms for myself and grandaughters.
I was dissapointed to find that there are no Tea or Coffee making facilities in the room. Instead if you want a drink youhave to go down to Reception and purchase a hot rink from a machine at £1.50, It can become expensive.
However I now have a bad back from the most uncomfortable bed I have slept in, It was solid.
The toilets are the smallest I have come across, Even My Grandaughter commented how close the door was. The TV is mounted in a corner fitted to a made to measure Metal plate. I found that the sound because of this plate was muffled as the speakers were reflecting of the metal.
In future I will be going to either the Travelodge Or Premier Inn
Oh One more thing if you get a room on he First Floor just above the Main Entrance get it changed. The Smokers are there till late and back early morning Laughing and joking.

Room Tip: dont have 116 or 117 They are above the main entrance where the smokers are Laughing and joking late...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for leaving feedback on your stay.
I am sorry the Ibis Budget package was not to your taste, as the choice to provide hot drinks in the reception area and the style of mattress is uniform across the Ibis Budget brand.

The design of the rooms is also standard across Ibis Budget hotels; it is disappointing you felt the toilet cubicle was unsuitable.

I am sorry to hear you will not be considering us for future visits.

Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

This Ibis is a new build and as you would expect it is modern in design.
However, budget is exactly what it is and you don't get much more than that.
The staff went out of their way and very polite. Facilities very much satisfied our needs, however, the beds are not very comfortable. Simple in design the matteress is thin and on a plywood base thus rendered me in pain after a nights broken sleep.
If your on a tight budget and looking for a cheap room then yes book otherwise try premier inn.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Eezzen
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay.
I'm sorry to hear the bed was not to your personal preference and this has deterred you from staying again with us.
It is great to hear you were impressed with the service you received and were satisfied with the modern design and facilities.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Rude Staff on check in, loud hotel, didn't get any sleep. :(
Kept up all night by loud guest in the other rooms, was very tired for my full day of meetings following my stay. Would highly recommend NOT staying at this hotel. Waste of money.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

4 Thank UKTour2014
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback; however by not specifying examples of the bad service you claim to have recieved and what it was particularly you found rude, I am unable to investigate the situation further and provide a more thorough response to your complaint.

I am sorry to hear you experienced noise from neighbouring guests. We have a reception member on duty 24 hours who will deal with any disturbance as quickly as possible should it be brought to their attention.

Frederic Dumont

Travellers are raving about these Manchester hotels

The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 March 2014

IBIS Budget and budget is what you get. But yeah, what do you expect when you pay just €95 total for 2 nights in a triple room?

Check-in was smooth. Receptionist friendly. When we got to the room, the beds were only made for 2 instead of 3, which seemed a bit nonchalant as the booking said we were a party of 3, but well.

Room itself was clean, basic but very small with basically no room to unpack your luggage. We read about the shower and the sink being in the room and they actually were, which was a little awkward. You had no privacy whatsoever. Especially with the room being small as well. The pictures made the room look bigger than it actually was. We aren't the tallest of people but when sat on the toilet our knees almost hit the door. Shower was nice though. Room got cleaned daily.

We didn't have breakfast or any food in the hotel, so I can't comment on that. The luggage storage was nice to have as we only flew out in the evening.

Location is pretty decent. Being 3 women we weren't too keen on walking back to the hotel at night though. But the hotel is only 1 Metrolink stop away from Piccadilly Station or 2 from Piccadilly Gardens, from where you basically get anywhere you'd like. The tram stop is in a 3-5 minutes walking distance from the hotel.

All in all, a very, very basic stay but I'd definitely recommend it for its price as you usually won't be spending a lot of time in the room anyway.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lautje1987
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and for recommending us to others.
I'm pleased to hear you were impressed with the efficiency and friendliness the staff displayed; it is standard for the bunk bed in the triple room to be un-made and instead for the linen pack to be provided.

I'm very happy you were satisfied with the location and found the metrolink service convenient.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in future.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

If you have a musculoskeletal disorder, dont risk it..... although the accommodation was clean and tidy, very modern and perfectly suitable for people who don't mind very basic facilities, it didn't provide a comfortable night's sleep for me and my partner. The staff were lovely and very helpful and it was a short walk along the canal to the centre of Manchester, we stayed one night as we went to the Etihad Stadium the next day for a tour, the hotel was just under a mile away, so perfectly placed. Breakfast was basic but acceptable for £5. Only able to park behind hotel for two hours whilst checking in and out but a car park in the next road was recommended by the staff, where parking was £3 for 24 hours.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Many thanks for leaving feedback on your recent stay.

I'm very sorry to hear the bed was not to your preference; however it's great to hear such positive comments about all other aspects of your experience with us.

The team and I hope you will consider us when booking future visits to Manchester and we have the opportunity to welcome you back.