Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street
ABode Manchester(Manchester)
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
1,524 results
All reviewssingle bunktram stopetihad stadiumrooms are basicminute walkshower headcosta coffeetriple roomplace to sleepwhat it says on the tincar parkpiccadilly stationcontinental breakfasttown centreall you can eatone night staynorthern quarter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Clean rooms, good food for good price. Not so far from the city center.
Proffesional service and very nice lady in the recpecion. I would recomend this place for everybody who is on the buissnes trip .

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MegPaulL

Thank you for your kind comments; I'm thrilled you were impressed with the service you received and would recommend us to others.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

We stay here for our wedding on the 18 to the 21/09/13 it was ok on check in but was we told them about noise in the night from other in the hotel they said they would let the boss know and was we ask if the heater working in the room they said it be out for the last week they did say they will get someone to look at it but it never happen so I don't know if we come back

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear you experienced noise from other (inconsiderate) guests.
We have security and a sound censor in reception to prevent this, however unfortunately this seemed to have been an exceptional case.
The heating system was not faulty for a week, but there were a few rooms affected for a short period. If it could not be fixed by our maintenance team, a portable heater was provided at reception.

I am sorry to hear you will not be staying with us again in future.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

During this visit I also stayed at Ibis Budget Manchester Salford Quays to compare them, so this review should be read in conjunction with that one.
This hotel has only just opened (and still smelt new which i liked!) and as such is the very latest Ibis Budget design, offering many improvements over the previous version as used at Salford Quays, the best of which for me was the automatic 'light-on' when you opened the Toilet Door! This makes such a difference and its so nice not to have to fumble for the light switch in the dark - big improvment!
There are funky LED lights in the room (although the room is normal Etap size) a larger shower cubicle than previous design and a very nice double-height Reception and Breakfast area, and they even sell items such as Burgers which you can heat up which is handy if you are stuck late at night and want something hot to eat - Although its budget it feels a bit higher spec!
However for me there are 2 major drawbacks. The first of which is for reasons best known to the architect, each room only has very narrow windows, like the 'slits' that you get in castles and prisons! This was a big disappointment to me as it was hard to see much and it made a small room seem even smaller! What were Accor thinking when they agreed to this??
The second one is that the immediate area around the hotel is fairly dead. This is a developing part of Manchester so this will probably change in time, and i didn't explore as much as i intended to, but i didn't see much and you would have to go into the Centre for food and attractions, unlike Salford Quays you can't just stay local.
In conclusion i would say that it depends what you will be doing. If you need to be based close to Piccadilly then stay here, only one stop on the Tram, and walkable if you've got good shoes! I like the fact that it's bang up-to-date, but those horrible small windows and lack of local facilities puts me off. I would go back, but would probably veer towards the Salford Quays branch despite the older room design, given the bigger windows and better locale.

Room Tip: Again partly overlooks a main road so try a higher floor. I think all rooms have those narrow windows so don't expect to see much!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Many thanks for taking the time write such a detailed review of your stay.
I'm really pleased you feel the Ibis Budget design is a noticeable improvement on the previous model.

It's great to hear the modern touches in the rooms make an impact on so many of our guests and we are extremely proud of our purpose built reception/dining area.

You were correct in saying the surrounding area is currently undergoing a huge transformation, with plans from highly regarded designers already in place for a unique urban overhaul along the canal bank.

You may have seen the outstanding 'Chips' building already finished and home to young professionals; along with the ever expanding metrolink service running frequently through the city and beyond every 12 minutes.

Our building is part of the plan; a brand new modern complex home to Costa, Dominos and stylish office block. We are excited to be a part of the community; however it is for this reason I am unable to comment on the design of the windows. I am sorry they were not to your taste.

We do not have a group of restaurants across the road from us as the city centre is a 10 minute walk or 5 minute tram journey and is bursting with shops, bars and restaurants to choose from.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I do hope you will consider us for your next trip.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I was looking for a hotel for two nights to attend a business conference. The room although basic was clean and modern and had all I could need. Wifi was easily accessible though could be slow on occasions. The bed was rather firm which I liked bit might not suit some people. Overall, for the money, it can't be faulted. I would definitely stay here again for a conference.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your review.
I'm thrilled to hear you could not fault the hotel for the price you paid and felt it was value for money.

It's great to hear you would choose to stay with us in future; we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.