“GREAT but confused”

Ranked #64 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 10 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Write a ReviewReviews (1,506)

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed in Manchester recently for a friend's Hen Doo. Myself and 2 friends needed a triple room and this was actually the only one that we could find...It was under £100, so split between the 3 of us that was perfect, parking was £3 for the night.

We could walk into the centre of town in under 15 minutes.

We didn't eat or drink at the hotel but the service at the reception desk was great. We were there earlier than check in and the hotel let us store out bags until later in the day. The rooms are compact but have everything you need. I was in a bunk bed that was really comfy ... the only thing that i didn't like was the pillow as it was like rock!

If I need to stay in Manchester again, it is likely i'll head straight for this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.
It's great to hear you felt the hotel was in a good location; were impressed with the service and found everything you needed in the room.

I'm happy to hear you will return in future; the team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 8 May 2014

First things first, this hotel is not in the city centre. You will have to get a bus or walk 15 - 20mins to be right in the city centre.
My experience of this hotel has always been great and I have stayed many times. The reception staff are very friendly, the rooms are spotless, the breakfast is very adequate and best of all the WiFi is free and fast.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your review and continued loyalty.
It is fantastic to hear you consistently have a great experience with us; found the rooms spotless, reception friendly and are happy with the free WIFI.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed for one night on my own, the hotel was clean and modern and the staff on the front desk were fantastic, ordering taxis and finding postcodes of where I needed to go.

The room was well lit and had a TV, numerous lighting options and air con (which was needed - the room got very hot in the night) The bed was comfy and a good size. I didn't have breakfast so cant comment on it. The reception was open 24 hours and there was drinks and snacks/pizzas available. Not to mention next door there is a Costa coffee and another pizza place I think. I was doing work on the tables in the reception area and saw numerous people checking in - I thought it was going to be a noisy night but I didn't hear a thing - quiet all evening.

I would and am returning next week again on my own, and would go with my boyfriend but I'm not sure I would go with anyone else due to the shower being in the bedroom and although it is a frosted glass door it is opposite a mirror! It would also have been nice to have had a shower mat too.

Apart from that I can't fault it one bit - I was very impressed with my whole stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay.
I'm really pleased you were impressed with the level of service you received and felt the hotel was clean and modern.

It's great to hear that despite being busy, you were not disturbed and you found the bed large and comfortable.

For future reference, bath mats can be requested from reception 24 hours.

I'm thrilled to hear you'll be returning soon; the team and I look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed for one night whilst vssiitng Manchester to see Sarah Millicna. Classed as Budget but the only reason. I can see for this is it doesn't have the usual in the rooms such as tea and coffee,hair dryer etc but they are all available downstairs. Staffed twenty four hours with very confident helpful staff,the building itself is in great location to city centre and train statins..Manchester piccadily.It's modern,very clean and in some ways quite quirky. LED shower was exciting ! , at 53 I'll take anything. The room had lighting under a plinth,air conditioning and a very interesting pod shower and toilet. Not good if your modest or not as mobile as most but no real issues. the only design fault was the positioning of the toilet roll at the side,low down enough to touch my knee?? We had a twin room,the beds wer quite small and not that comfortable but the pillows were lovely and the receptionist made it clear that if we needed any extra such as towels etc just ask.We ordered breakfast at £4.95 which was available until 10am. Again quirky,continental not full English as much as yiu want but didnjg area situated in reception,no bother again,as it felt right and staff again very helpful. All in all a very pleasant experience and whilst I wouldn't go with my husband as the toilet is slightly too small wouldn't hesitate to go with friends etc.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay.
I'm very pleased you were impressed with the Ibis Budget package and felt that any amenities needed were provided at reception.
It is always great to hear you found the staff friendly and available at all times and were pleasantly surprised with the modern design features.

I am sorry you did not find the toilet cubicle suitable; it is the standard design across the brand.

I'm thrilled to hear you would choose to stay with us again if visiting with friends. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night it was fab and a total bargain 38 per night!!

We slept well and decided to stay for breakfast at £4.99 per person for a continental worth it was very good quality

It was only a few minutes walk to the centre and near a tramp stop

Overall a great location and clean hotel

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you very much for leaving feedback on your stay.
It is great to hear you felt you received value for money and the hotel was in a good location for you.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.