“Quite room you're having a laugh” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street

Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street
Ranked #61 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Quite room you're having a laugh”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Having previously stayed here and having the noisest bed ever, when I booked again I asked for a quiet room, but no they put me in a riim durectky opposite the lift lobby so I listened to the sound of thev lift going up and down all night.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you for leaving feedback.
While we endeavour to honour any requests; we can never guarantee, as all room types and locations are subject to availability.

I am sorry we were unable to accomodate your request on this occasion.

Frederic Dumont

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

The hotel is clean, rooms are small with high ceilings, wifi easy to use. When I first entered the room I thought it was very prison cell looking. But actually I had a good nights sleep. The room has quiet and effective air conditioning in it - which I switched off. A TV on the wall. 24 hr pizzas in four flavours and a fridge with beverages in it in reception. On my way back I walked from the station to the hotel, my phone ran out of charge. I ended up in a prostitute patch of Manchester near Picadilly station. I didn't know. I thought the woman were rather friendly, didn't carry a suitcase and Ipad and wondered why they kept asking about "business". I gave one £2 for directions to walk back. I would suggest you build into the cost the £5 cab journey into your stay. Breakfast was good. Nothing cooked. The dry stuff was good though. Not for a romantic break - but functional and I will return with friends for a cheap few nights.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments; I'm glad you had a good night's sleep and were satisfied with the facilities.

It's great to hear you would consider us for future visits.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here essentially just for somewhere to lay our heads at night after going to a gig at Manchester Academy.
Our first choices were all booked due to a concert at the M.E.N so ended up with this.
It's decent. Small but clean. Our room had a double and a bunk bed in it, so ideal if you have a child.
Now to reply to some other reviews. Firstly I'm over 6ft. The toilet wasn't too small, neither was the bed. Secondly, yes it's a small bar of soap, but the same size given in plenty of hotels worldwide. Thirdly, yes it only has pizzas and snacks late at night...but it's one of the few budget hotels I know that has ANY 24 hour food service. The shower door could do with going to the shower base, but we just asked for an extra towel and put this in front of it.
It has a TV and plenty of plug sockets, a hanging rail for a few items and a couple of mirrors, one being full length.
It's 10 minute walk from Piccadilly train station and Manchester Apollo, 15 from the Northern Quarter and 30 from The Academy and Oxford Road Station.
If you look on Google maps it is actually on there to click on, however if you put the address in it takes you to a different place, and the actual own Accor website takes you to yet another 3rd location!! It's actually just off Great Ancoats Street.
If you want a cheap, clean, basic hotel in a good location, this is a good choice. I'd certainly use it again.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank swordfish1969
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay.
I am very pleased to hear the facilities suited your needs and were plenty big enough.

I'm sorry you found it difficult to locate us, but would choose to stay again; The team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

First time stayed in hotel. Booked it due to proximity to Etihad Stadium 10-15mins walk. It is basic but very clean, bright, comfortable and very friendly staff. Good VFM. One tip - bring your own shampoo/shower gel !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you very much for leaving feedback.
I'm thrilled you felt you received value for money and the hotel was in a great location for the Etihad Stadium.

We hope you will consider us for future bookings.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

My friend and I had a twin room here which we booked the day before our visit, and the hotel was pretty much perfect for us as we really only needed somewhere to sleep. And for that reason my one criticism would be that the mattresses are very firm indeed. Otherwise, a very reasonably priced room, walking distance to Piccadilly station, ticked all our boxes!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Victoria S
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay.
I'm sorry the mattress was not your personal preference; however I am very pleased the hotel was perfect for your needs and in a good location.

The team and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with our teenage daughters as they were going to a concert
This is not the fanciest hope we have stayed in but great value for money
£3 for parking,convenient for trams spotlessly clean, quick check in and out, very friendly helpful staff
When we arrived there were lots of stag/hen parties and were expecting a very noisy sleepless night but we didnt here a thing
The only downside if I had to pick one was there are no tea/coffee facilities but you dont get those in the 5* lowry either so all in all great value if you just want a clean friendly hotel with no frills

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Caazem
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay.
I'm very pleased to hear you felt you received value for money and were happy with the cleanliness and the service.

It is good to hear you were not disturbed by other guests during your stay; I hope you will consider us when booking future visits.