“Cheap, convenient and clean”

Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street
Ranked #64 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The staff here are excellent, and LGBT-friendly. There's air conditioning throughout the hotel, and free wifi for the duration of your stay. The beds are comfortable, the breakfast is good value, but the only downside is that the shower has a frosted glass door which doesn't do much to conceal whoever is using it, and the toilet is too small for you to get changed in, which makes it a slightly awkward place to stay if you're not an exhibitionist. But other than that, it's in a convenient location (fifteen minute walk from the gay village if that's your scene), and there's a large supermarket just down the road. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for the family room rather than a plain double, it's usually the same price and you get an ex...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review.
I'm very pleased you were happy with the service you received and had a comfortable stay.
The design of the showers is standard throughout the Ibis budget brand; I am sorry to hear you felt them a little unsuitable.

It's great to see you would recommend us to others and we hope to be able to welcome you back again in future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was looking to stay in Manchester for one night as I had an early flight the next morning. I searched the internet and found the budget Ibis in Manchester which was reasonably priced so I booked it.

It was a quick (15 minutes) walk from Manchester Piccadilly train station and easy to find. On arrival I was greeted by a lady who asked me if she could help, I explained that I had a reservation and that I wanted to check in. The lady took my details and gave me a key card whilst explaining what my room number was and where the lifts were.

I was on the 6th floor and as soon as I opened the door I was greeted by a good sized room with all the facilities I needed. I used the room to sleep in and freshen up and found it to be perfect for my requirements, the bed was comfy the shower was easy to use, it was quiet and everything was clean.

I will be staying here again whenever I stay in Manchester and look forward to another good nights sleep.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you very much for your kind comments.
It is great to hear you were impressed with your overall experience at the hotel and found us to be in a good location for Piccadilly Station.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Manchester.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I had stayed here for 1 night easy to find 15 min walk from the coach station check in was great well informed of where everything is staff were very pleasant very clean and smart hotel bedroom was clean and tidy very modern great shower and Yes free wifi not all hotels offer this great when you need this overall i had a great stay and would defo stay here again when in manchester

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you very much for your comments.
I'm thrilled to hear you were impressed with your overall stay and particularly pleased with the level of service you received.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in future.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Room was nice clean and comfy with blackout blinds , nice and clean and quiet good check in times though we did get hassled a couple of times to be out two hours before but would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Mcdebdeb

Thank you very much for leaving feedback.
I'm very happy you were satisfied with the cleanliness and had a confortable stay.
I will investigate with housekeeping as to why you were disturbed and apologise for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Booked for one night only (June 24th). The price we paid for the room was just fine and we weren't at all disappointed with what we got. The room was clean and tidy and being on the 3rd floor meant we had no noise problems. We received a very warm welcome upon arrival and assisted to our every question/need. OK, it was not the most spacious room imaginable but we have seen much worse, so the fact that it's very close to a Metrolink station and the reasonable rates for the room makes this hotel a pretty fine choice. Too bad we couldn't stay longer!

Room Tip: 3rd floor and upwards
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nick A
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay.
I am very happy to hear you weren't disappointed with your choice of hotel and found the hotel to be clean and tidy.
I'm thrilled you were happy with the service and wished you could have stayed longer.

We hope to able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Room Tip: Non see through showers only thing that let the hotel down
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here recently and found this hotel to be ideal for our needs.Very clean and comfortable.Very handy to the hop on hop off buses. The staff were extremely helpful in all ways especially Roberto on the front desk that went out of his way to assist us in getting tickets to the Coronation Tour Thanks Ibis for supplying good old fashion service at a fair price.We will return again soon

Room Tip: Good service and location
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
LEANDRO C, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2015

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis budget in Manchester again very soon. Kind regards,
Leandro Carter