“Not just for drinks”
Review of Neighbourhood

Neighbourhood
Reserve with OpenTable
Neighbourhood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #247 of 2,329 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An all day New York inspired eatery & bar serving Manhattan's interpretation of international cuisine alongside bespoke cocktails.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Visited Neighbourhood for early night dinner with friend, having previously been later in the evening for drinks it was nice to see what else Neighbourhood had to offer.
Whilst the menu is not huge, it has enough variety to make it a place worth visiting.
My friend had seafood linguini and I had goat's cheese salad, both of which were very fresh and of good quality, the staff were excellent and very attentive ensuring our glasses were constantly replenished and checking everything was okay.
I understand Neighbourhood also offers an afternoon Mad Hatters Tea Party, I cannot wait to return to give this a go.

Overall, Neighbourhood is a popular place and whilst it can sometimes be difficult to get in, due to the overzealous lady with a clipboard at the door, it is certainly worth persevering whether it is for drinks or dinner.

2  Thank SarahLouJ
There are newer reviews for Neighbourhood

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Went last month, party of 4, 2 parents, 2 adult children. Came recommended as "the (current) place to go" so thought we'd give it a try. Found it a little pretentious but that's their target audience I guess. Got to say that the service was ok but we were in when there was a table of celebs in and you did get the feeling that your service was secondary to theirs. But that apart it was ok. The starters were divine and set us off on a great footing. The mains were a little less so, actually mildly disappointing - very edible but really just felt like another way to sell upmarket burgers and fries at a lot more money. It was quite expensive but we knew it would be in advance. However the biggest disappointment for me was the Prosecco we had. It was fairly lame to start with (mildly cold, certainly not chilled as it should be) but there was something about it that I recognised. "Fili" meant something but I couldn't quite work out where else I had had it. Then last week I got the brochure from the wine club! Ahh I knew I was right. Only we'd paid £28 and the wine club have it for £10.39. Seeing as they no doubt buy it in bulk at under a tenner that is a hell of a mark-up! If you are going to do that, at least make sure it is perfectly chilled!

Don't think I'd be in a rush to go again but wouldn't want to put others off. Give it a go and see what you think.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Okay so we booked a table for my sisters birthday and came up from Liverpool to try this place, we got to are table and orderd a few drinks and some mini burgers witch were sloppy and disgusting and the lollipop chicken witch was absolutely rank and I mean disgusting I think they wer undercooked they had grizzly bits and bones in the really wer vile! The guy that served us was nice and helpful but the worst part was the manager/owner he was walking around in his suit I caught his eye a few times and tried to smile he was just so rude and looked at me like I was something he'd picked of his shoe! Later my boyfriend asked if they cud being a dessert with a candle in for my sister and he came back looking a bit upset I think he was really shocked how the manager was talking and looking at him and was acting like he'd asked for his right arm! Wen we had finished we didn't ask for the bill we had barley finished r drinks and the manager guy came over slammed the bill down and said that he needed the table and we would have to leave! I was honestly so shocked ther was no apology he was really really horrible I'm so angry with myself for not saying something about his behaviour wen I was ther but he was really intimidating I just wanted to leave the bill can to £200 we had 5 starters and 2 rounds of drinks each I couldn't belive it they charged us for burgers that we didn't order and sent back anyway they did take them of the bill in the end but I didn't check it propley and now I'm thinking they must have charged us for something els as I don't no how it was that much! I really am so upset that this place is so popular and sadly people will go and that horrible man will continue to make money if he wasent the owner he needs sacking immediately we paied a lot of money to be made to feel like something you just stepped in by this horrible man!!!

10  Thank Charletsmith
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

This restaurant came highly recommended and having not visited the city let alone eaten in one of its new restaurants we were very excited. We arrived at the bar side entrance and the atmosphere was great, relaxed busy and bustling. The first thing that hit us was that this place bared absolutely no resemblance to a New York eatery at all (contrary to web advertising). Regular manchester glitzy bar interior with music to match. We were seated at a corner window booth (nice view) under a super freezing air conditioning vent. Waitress arrives in good time with the most awkward serving attitude I've ever experienced- this girl finds it very tough to be nice. Already not feeling the vibe we just order a few small appetizers while we finalize our main courses. Chicken lollipops, lobster tacos and fish fillets with bok choi. The chicken was a gristle filled, bread crumbed, deep fried disaster. Absolutely disgusting fatty sub standard cut of meat. Lobster tacos were also deep fried (no! Poor lobster) really greasy no salad, no pico de gallo, no guacamole. More deep frying to finish also I'm afraid. The fish was edible, not as greasy as the other dishes but to my amazement they had battered and fried the bok choi as well! Incredible. We finished our drinks swiftly and made an excuse we had to leave, we simple couldnt stomach a main course. We fled after paying and will never return.

2  Thank Amaka1
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Tonight we went to The Neighbourhood
And sampled some truly amazing food

Our host Renato ws the best
And definitley the cut above the rest

The funky grooves and the heavy beats
Were the best live sample on manchester's street

I'd recommend this place to all
Cos we al had an amazing ball

1  Thank Lila_UK