“It was fantastic! The overall experience was awesome.”

Roots Restaurant Manchester
Ranked #1,185 of 2,296 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: African, Caribbean
Description: Roots Restaurant and Bar Manchester was opened in summer 2012 with the goal of serving a family style menu of tasty, bold flavored foods with global influence in a fun and lively setting that makes our guests feel at home from the moment they walk in the door till when they leave. To enhance the experience we offer a selection of wines from around the world as well as beers from the African roots. The menus are extensive and have a little something for everyone, and our staff are here to create the perfect dinning experience for every guest that joins them. Big on fresh tastes and fragrant spices, leaving your taste buds asking for more of Africa's well loved dishes such as Jellof Rice, Tadjine and Boerewors. Largest African Restaurant in the north west. Located in Liverpool city center, we offer a variety of seating choices, including a comfortable lounge, bar seats, VIP table seating. Roots accepts reservations but always welcomes walk-ins, adventurers as well as those that are lost. The Roots vibe draws you in and holds you close, invites you to be seen, or sit back and just savor the beautiful African ambiance that surrounds you. A feast of beautiful art decor with different themed rooms available for private hire and ideal for special occasions.
“It was fantastic! The overall experience was awesome.”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I will recommend it... It was fantastic! The overall experience was awesome. Good service, clean glasses ( that is what I don't get in restaurants...) Visiting Manchester from Scotland roots just complete my experience as awesome.

• Visited October 2013

“I wouldn't rush back”
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

I attended Roots with my boyfriend who is nigerian. The service was good, the restaurant was nicely laid out and very clean but the food was average especially for the price paid. I had jalloff rice and jerk chicken both of which we're nice but were not spicy like I expected. My boyfriend had pounded yam and eguisi soup which did not taste very nice the meat was chewy and not cooked well with a lot of fat. We did speak to the waiter but was told there is nothing he could do and we were still charged full price. I wouldn't rush back.

2 Thank Claire H
Richmond, Texas
“Great food”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I was there visiting my boyfriend and he took me here to eat african food I really enjoyed the food and atmosphere the place is loud because they have more men inside then women. But I so loved the service all the staff and owners were nice. I live in Texas USA and each time I visit I have to dine there. My boyfriend eats there every Friday.

• Visited April 2013
Manchester
“Delightfully different”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I went as part of a group and we got a buffet. This included items like puff puffs, goat pepper soup, jerk chicken wings and chicken ?yassah? as well as more usual things like plantain, fried yam, vegetables, cous cous and jollof rice. All delicious and the restaurant is definitely worth another visit.

More exotic items on the menu include isi-ewu (goat's head) and "dodo gizzard", so you are quite likely to try something new.

One little drawback was the price of bottled beer, which at £5 a pop was a bit steep, however they had draught at under £3.

• Visited August 2013
“The best African restaurant in the north west”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The building is beautiful, decoration superb, food took 30 minutes to bring to the table, very tasty...pleasant staff..the best african place to dine in manchester,although we could have done with larger portions..

• Visited August 2013