“Had a wonderful time. Comfy bed, excellent staff, value for money”
Review of Le Ville Hotel

Le Ville Hotel
Ranked #60 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
London, United Kingdom
“Had a wonderful time. Comfy bed, excellent staff, value for money”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Lovely hotel. I decided to stay on a whim whilst out for an afternoon/evening in Manchester's gay village and ended up staying for 3 nights. I got a double room on the 1st floor which was great value - I was wondering about street noise but I heard none. The service was awesome - I was checked in by a lovely woman called Merta who informed me all about the hotel, gave a quick check in and even provided me with cashback to save me having to travel to the hole in the wall. Once I'd checked in I went to reception to ask about the area and where was best to go and was greeted by a different receptionist - Jamie. He knew all about the village and Manchester and helped me decide which bars I should go to and helped me with ideas and information of what to do around Manchester the day after.

The best was really comfortable, they have lovely blueberry muffins on arrival and great big TV's in the room. Reception even has a small selection of drinks and snack and is manned 24/7 so I got something when I arrived back from my night out at around 530am! Reception staff were able and happy to have a chat and a laugh with you which made it a very pleasant atmosphere, not clinical like some hotels - especially the night guy who had to put up with me chewing his ear off when I got back a little tipsy hehe. The door is locked from 11pm so I felt safe and there's a safe in the room. I managed to extend my stay the next morning with no hassle and didn't have to change rooms.

I think the only small thing is that they don't currently do breakfasts but I was told this is something they are looking into as they have only been open for 3 months - if it's only that short of a time then they are doing amazingly.

Thank You to Merta and Jamie and all the staff at Le Ville. I'll defo be back on my next trip to Manchester :)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank mickle981

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Arabic first
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Le Ville Hotel is located along a historic canal in the heart of the Manchester area known as "Gay Village." If this troubles you, don't read on, go somewhere else. But, if you are looking for a moderate and clean hotel, with comfortable beds and friendly staff, in the center of Manchester, read on. For the record, we are a somewhat elderly, hetro, American couple.

The highlight of our tiny, but efficiently arranged, room was the very comfortable, well-appointed king size bed. Indeed, it consumed most of the floor area. Two straight chairs, a small vanity, a hanging rack for clothes, and a wall-mounted TV completed the furnishings. The ensuite bath was small, but well-arranged, its fixtures were sleekly modern and worked well--once I realized that the shower's controls were not hot-cold, but rather temperature mixer-volume.

No breakfast is offered, but we received a huge tasty muffin at check-in, which, with the ample in-room coffee and tea and some cheese we had brought, made for a good breakfast.

Although our room was located right on the street, and close to a local club, no street noise bothered us. An excellent Ethiopian restaurant was just around the corner.

The only downsides were a weak Wi-Fi signal in the room, and the nearby (1.5 blocks) parking garage was rather pricey.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank HappyTravelerK-ville
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My partner and I stayed here as we were seeing a concert at the The Ritz, which was just around the corner. It was our first time in Manchester, and we loved it, it's right in the middle of canal street which was great for us as that's where we wanted to go after the concert. Soon as we got to the hotel the staff were friendly, and had muffins and eclairs on arrival. Also the front door remained locked, so no strangers could get in, which I thought was a bonus, as you are in the centre of pubs. On departure, they gave us a discount card for the carpark.
I would recommend this hotel, and definitely would stay again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kat G
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2013

On planning a last minute night out in Manchester my friend and I booked into this hotel.
Rooms are very small but - not a problem if the stay is just for a night out on Canal street.
The location is great! Rooms very clean - beds not overly comfy but good enought for one nights rest. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Only thing I will say is park in the NCP car park - even if parking behind the hotel is offered. It is £15 to park behind the hotel and is right in the centre of the hussle and bussle of Canal street, I did not want to leave my car there overnight wouldn't of been safe. The hotel give a 10/15% discount card for the NCP so 24 hours parking works out around £16.50 (which isn't bad for safer secured parking).

All in all good stay - Thanks :)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Elli2021
Woburn Sands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Who was playing at the Ethiad and so most hotels were sold out or very expensive. So I used Tripadvisor and came across Le Ville. Well. I checked in at about 10pm and was told my room was back down stairs which I always think is not a good sign! The room had no window - unless you call a thin strip of glass at near ceiling height a window. Very small room and claustrophobic. So I sat on the bed to ponder which is where the second 'surprise' arrive - it felt like the mattress was covered in plastic (weird). I tried to change rooms but there were no others available. The staff were helpful enough but they couldn't really do much. So I went back to my room... Where there was no wifi... I had work to do so I packed my bags and found another much nicer hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank randj06
Reviewed 28 June 2013

The customer service was second to none. The staff really looked after my partner & I, Especially when I was poorly they helped me feel so much better. It was comfortable clean room with a great friendly atmosphere am booking again soon. Thanx guy's see u soon x

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank wilko883
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My partner and I stayed at this lovely hotel for one night. we were given the deluxe king room which had a beautiful view of the canal. The addition of muffins on arrival was a very nice touch and the staff were very welcoming and attentive. The room was clean and fresh as was the bathroom and the bed was HUGE and extremely comfortable. I was a bit unsure of how i would sleep as the hotel is in the heart of canal street, and i worried about the noise, but to my surprise it was very peaceful and quiet and I had a great nights sleep :). I would certainly stay here again. Its a lovely hotel, with very welcoming staff, and in such a great location :D

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple