“Great location, helpfull staff.”
Review of Le Ville Hotel

Le Ville Hotel
Ranked #59 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“Great location, helpfull staff.”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Stayed here for 1 night with my mum. Our room was great, clean and comfortable, was noisy with the window open (from people outside the pubs/clubs) but when the windows where closed didn't hear anything. The staff where all very helpful and friendly and cannot fault them. Was in a great location near the train station, bars/restaurants and shopping center.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The rooms are very cheap. I had no light bulbs, no remote, no towels, and the rooms smelt of grease from the takeaways behind and next door. The noise was very loud from the surrounding clubs but no only that i could hear people shouting walking past all night.

I noted my complaints on checkout to which it was the american manager and he was rude and abrupt telling me there is nothing he can do now i've slept in the room. No customer service. When i left a few days later i noticed money missing from my account of £45.00 which was taken from that hotel which was additional to my room rate. When i contacted the hotel they had charged me that amount due damages as light bulbs were missing???????? As these werent in the room to start with is outrageous but to be charged this amount is theft. I would not stay here or give cards details as the take unauthorised money.

• Stayed September 2013
LVHMCR, Manager at Le Ville Hotel, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you very much for your opinion. I would like to inform you that one of our rooms is located near the local takeaway. We are doing some adjustments to this room to make sure the takeaway smell stays out of the room. I would also like to inform you that we have recently fitted all of our windows with triple glazing. Guests are our top priority and we made this extra adjustment in order to supply our guests with a comfortable and quiet steep. For your information unlike other hotels we provide our guests with a satisfaction guarantee. If you check into one of our room and within 1 hour you decide not to stay with us we provide our guests with a 100% refund on their stay. No other hotel in the area provides this type of guarantee.

I understand that on arrival you noted that there is no remote or towels in your room. I would like to apologize for this inconvenience and assure you that we have spoken to our housekeeping staff to make sure they double check everything. We currently also have a quality check personnel who is responsible for checking every room that housekeeping cleaned.

You also mentioned in your review a £45.00 charge made to your card. Both managers went through all accounts and receipts from the 1 of August till today the 14th of September and no charges or payments for the amount of £45.00 ware found .the management also has no recollection of speaking to you. It will be very helpful if you could contact the hotel at info@levillehotel.com with more information in order to investigate this further we would need your full name, check in date and check out date. This information will help us locate your folio.

As per our registration card which each guest has to sign. We are a non smoking hotel and the hotel will charge £150.00 for smoking in our rooms. I can assure you and all others that the hotel would not charge anyone for a missing light bulb. We have about a 100 light bulbs in stock which we replace on a regular basis without any charge to the guest.

We do reserve the right to charge a guest for any damages made to the hotel property. i.e burn marks in carpet, broken LCD TV, broken chairs, damage to walls, broken window.

I also assure you that all hotels in the world will charge a guest for any damages made to the hotel property. Also currently most hotels are non-smoking and hotels also reserve the right to charge a guest for smoking in a room.

I would like to again apologize that your stay with us was not what you hoped for. Customer service, cleanness and high standard is what we strive for. The issues you mentioned have been addressed.

I would like to request one more time for more information about your stay so we can locate your folio.

Kind Regards

Le Ville Hotel.
Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

First visit to Manchester and booked this hotel as it was right at the heart of Canal Street.
Friendly and attentive staff, really welcoming. Tidy and comfortable room. Really nice shower.
Complimentary muffins were very very nice!
Good night sleep, and being close to the clubs without being noisy!

Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Altrincham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here twice now with my girlfriend and despite fire alarms the first time, we returned and received 10% off for the previous inconvenience. Offered free wine and blueberry muffins on arrival (great touch and they were awesome!) by the very friendly man behind the reception desk (didn't catch his name). The hotel is very clean and well furnished, and the king size bed seemed to go on forever! Lovely view of the canal and the triple glazing definitely keeps the hustle and bustle of canal street out. The romantic blue lighting on the headboard was a great touch too. I am certain that I will be returning to Le Ville!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Jamie H
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Firstly when we contacted the hotel for a room that evening we were told by the general manager who answered the telephone he was giving us a discounted deal (this was incorrect as same price as booking.com and just one of many lies and false claims they make). I was given a bottle of wine on arrival by a rather disgruntled receptionist who barely made eye contact or spoke with long dark hair but i was grateful for the wine i needed it just to recover from my experience even if it did taste like vinegar. No muffin was given as detailed when i asked she had said they were out of stock yet on exiting the building later that evening another receptionist was seen handing out muffins. In the room itself plugs are covered by furniture you cant charge your phone no extension leads provided. There was no towels in the room. The room smelt like chicken fat as the windows were left open it was vile. I asked to move rooms and was told no as they were fully booked which was a lie as rooms were available on booking.com that night. There is a constant green light fire exit sign in the room that shines all night and you cant sleep. Although the cheap itchy sheets dont help it felt like i was in a hostel than a 3*.

But these are quite minor things to deal with until in the morning i went to put a wet wipe in the bin to which i found a used condom in the bin from previous guests. I was disgusted if they couldn't clean the bathroom i wonder if the sheets had even been changed and that's why i felt ill. I felt physically sick. I complained upon checkout to Irene who was mortified at all my complaints but very apologetic and helpful but it was all too little, too late. I was given the managers email to write to them as she couldn't offer me a refund. I got no response from any managers after 3 emails and 4-5 phone calls. Avoid at all costs it is what the name states vile.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank david_gee321
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This is a fairly new hotel and represents excellent value for money but there are some niggles.
It's in a great location on Canal St and was a welcome haven in the middle of the Gay Pride Festival. I was staying at a hotel nearby but decided to give this a crack for a night and poss more if i liked it.
When i arrived at reception the girl behind the counter looked like she'd had enough and although she wasn't rude at all the service was cold and not very welcoming. The room was small but the bed and bathroom were lovely and there are tea, coffee facilities and free wifi. I was supposed to get some free chocolates and i know this is a small gripe but these little things are important in my eye, why ask a customer for this option if it's not fulfilled. The doorman was lovely and worked hard through the busy festival. It is a very good comfortable well priced 3 star, no frills but not everyone wants them. I wouldn't stay again but it wasn't bad

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank actornewbs
Reviewed 18 August 2013

1st id say Marta (night reception worker) did it for me she was loverly and attentive. She smiled everytime you seen her and was very helpfull. The hotel was clean and in good condition the deco was fairly decent too. We did have a problem with the shower it decided to come out the seal of the head aswell but nothing to majour, it was still a loverly shower. The bathroom was well presented. Will defionatly stay here again. As for thw noise from outside -I didn't really notice an. Overall i enjoyed my stay. P.s. the loyalty cards a great touch :). Thanks guys.

• Stayed August 2013