“Good value for money”

Ranked #61 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Pleasant staff who would do anything to help, amazing location (great for partying in Canal St) and a good sized king room that was clean and perfect for a couple. We had a really good stay here and would recommend to people.....we will be back in Dec! And the free muffin is a plus! :D

Room Tip: Rooms are triple glazed but you will hear the people on Canal St as its right on the street so expec...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Arabic first
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Six of us have recently stayed at Le Ville. Despite having booked well in advanced, we were dismayed to find that two of the rooms we were offered were in the basement. They were extremely small and had no windows- very claustrophobic. It appears that rooms are not allocated when a booking is made but when the guests arrive and check in. The computer automatically star ts allocating from the top of the hotel, so those people who arrive at 2pm gets the best rooms, whilst those,like us, who don't arrive until 4pm get the worst.. This is not made clear on the hotel website, nor is there any mention of tiny subterranean, airless, bedrooms.(There are,in fact, six of them ) Indeed,the website states that ALL rooms are triple glazed- presumably that means all rooms with windows. The staff at the hotel were really helpful and deserve an "excellent" review all of their own. I wouldn't be surprised if they have had similar complaints before,as we were quickly offered a £20 rebate on one room and a bottle of wine. We moved to another room but, apart from being a little bit bigger, it wasn't really any better.It was still underground with the same problems. If the hotel is going to sell rooms such as these, then it should be clearly pointed out on the website, and they should be offered at a considerably cheaper rate.This would avoid disappointment for clients and embarrassment for the staff.

Room Tip: Check, when booking, where in the hotel your room will be. If you really don't want a room with...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 45jane
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I'll start by saying we paid £150 per night for a King Room, no breakfast.

The room, despite being a King, which was supposed to be one of their larger rooms was tiny, but any standard. The triple glazed windows were ineffective in keeping out the party noise which carries on on Canal Street until 4 or 5 in the morning.

The soundproofing in the hotel is poor. We could clearly hear parts of our next door neighbour's conversations and every footstep from the floor above. Every time someone flushed the toilet or ran a tap the running water seemed to pass through pipes adjacent to our room.

The shower room is small but nicely appointed and the bed was comfortable, but beyond that there is little positive to say.

Unless you must be on top of the action on Canal Street and are either going to be partying all night long or can sleep through other people partying I would stay elsewhere. There are many hotels in central Manchester cheaper than this with bigger and better rooms.

Room Tip: Insist on having one at the back of the hotel for some peace and quiet.
2 Thank Tim_H_from_Lincs_UK
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

You have probably seen the title of this review and the fact I have given it 4 out of 5 and are thinking "if you were disappointed why give it such a high rating" well.. I am a Tranny and I regularly go to this area for the nightlife, the clubs, the whole scene.. So the location of Le Ville couldn't be any better, right on Canal ST, fantastic, the staff I met were very friendly and helpful, very professional, the room although a little small for a double was very nicely decorated, clean and comfortable, bathroom again very clean, all good so far..

So why not 5 out of 5? why a bit disappointed? for one reason and some of you might think this a bit picky but as a tranny it is very important to me.....
The lighting, just not good enough to be able to see when applying make up, might have been OK when i was 20 years younger but not now I am trying to look 20 years younger, I really struggled to see what I was doing...Please Please Please fit "daylight" bulbs in the bathroom and give an aging tranny a fighting chance,,,

Seriously if the lighting was better in the bathroom I would be happy to Recommend the Le Ville to all the girls I know, If you change the lighting I would be more than happy to stay again..

Sarah (ram dressed as lamb)

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Only 2 mins from the train station (walking distance) so it's good if you have an early train to catch as you wont have to get up extra early to make time for travelling!

I'm the only idiot that couldn't figure out why I couldn't open the main door ha. The main door is locked 24/7 (at least I think so) so you have to buzz in and buzz out. I thought the buzzer was for next door... (i'm not sure why... prob because it doesn't say to buzz to get let in...) but the buzzer isnt for next door, you have to push it to get let in!

Staff are lovely and gave free muffins. Yum!

Super clean room. On the small side, but at the price I payed considering everywhere else was super expensive I can't complain really. HUGE tv. Bed isn't to my liking comfort wise but not every bed is going to be 'great'. You get cookies instead of the 'normal' biscuits you get in every other hotel with your tea/coffee bits in the room! (I'm easily pleased). Bathroom is big, if not a little on the dark side lighting wise as there isnt a big main light just spotlights.

My view was of a brick wall so was darker than if i would be overlooking the street or something but I wasn't there to admire the view outside my window was there to sleep. Talking of sleep, its so quiet, ah bliss! People have said about noise but I stayed a thurs night and heard no noise at all but can imagine it might be a bit noisy if it was a weekend.

When travelling alone security (next to cleanliness) is the main concern and this hotel gets top marks for both. Never been in a hotel so secure where you had to buzz in and buzz out! I wasn't a tourist as i've been to Manchester a billion times but deffo recommended if you're travelling alone and don't know the area as the hotel is so secure.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mollie C
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed here for two nights over the Pride Weekend and we absolutely loved it. Room was overlooking the canal and even though it was extremely busy the room was sound proofed enough with the triple glazing to keep the noise out...I found I left the window open at times because I enjoyed listening to the hustle and bustle of people during the early hours of the morning. The room was immaculate and the staff were so friendly and helpful. One staff member even donated his tie to me for me to take home to my son!! Nothing was too much trouble for them. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
scotland
Reviewed 27 September 2013

As with the last reviewer, we also stayed on the 25th Sep (room 12) and found this place to be great value for money. We booked through booking.com and paid a little more for a larger room. Locationally, the hotel is right in the center of Manchester and we parked overnight at the Chorlton Street (NCP) round the corner. Check-in was flawless and the hotel room was clean, fresh and boutique looking. It was a nice touch getting a couple of complimentary muffins too. Hotel feels safe and newish...think they were doing a little work to the hotel when we checked in but this was not an issue. Staff were very friendly, courteous and professional. Room had a kettle with plenty tea, coffee and milk and a couple of cookies too which was nice. Bed was a good size (think it was two singles pushed together) and we slept pretty soundly even though our room was on the ground floor facing canal street. Wifi didn't seem to work so well...could get only 2 bars n the signal strength but couldn't get connected. I'm sure of we could have said something and got this rectified but we weren't too bothered etc. Hotel offers a discount for the Chorlton Street carpark which worked out at 15% which was great too. Overall, we really liked this place and when we are back on Manchester, we will return. It's a great location and great value for money. Thanks.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple