Le Ville Hotel
Velvet Hotel(Manchester)
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewscanal streetfree bottle of winecomplimentary muffinsgay villageon arrivalchocolate muffinbrick wallloyalty cardbars and clubsking roomrooms are smallcity centreenjoyed my stayupon checkwould definitely stay here againa lovely staytea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Le Ville is a budget hotel, but they certainly do not save on service. The rooms are tidy and bathrooms equally spotless. The beds are very comfortable too. They have no carpet in the rooms (laminate floor) which makes you feel confident about the cleanliness as it is obviously clean.

It is in a busy part of town, but the room we had was ok and we slept well. The basement rooms are quite small but are fine for a couple of nights, there is enough space to be comfortable (but only just). There are no windows in the basement which can be a bit disorientating, the other downside was a green light on a fire exit sign in the room which is quite bright when trying to sleep.

The reception staff were friendly and helpful and the free muffin delicious :-)

Overall, I'd recommend this hotel and stay again, but maybe one of the upstairs rooms. They do a loyalty card (get a free night after 5 checkins) which might just make me come back.

Room Tip: Basement rooms ok for one night, otherwise go upstairs.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Alireza E, General Manager at Le Ville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear guest.

Thank you very much for your review, I am very glad that your stay was pleasant.
What I would recommend to you is for your next stay book your room directly via our website or by phoning the hotel, and receive a complementary bottle of wine at the check-in.

We certainly are a hotel that does not save on the service, We believe in offering the best quality service in our power to our guests, and we always put ourselves in the guests shoes to comprehend and fulfill their needs and wants.

Once again thank you for your time and your kind words.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

When I am working in Manchester and need some overnight accommodation this is the first place I go to.
Excellent location, newly refurbished and very reasonably priced. The rooms have everything you will need including hairdryer, tea and coffee and a bonus of biscuits too as well as Earl Grey which is unusual!
The only downside is the noise does carry from room to room and via the corridors, so extra sound insulation would be good.
The rooms are clean and have good TV, the staff are always very welcoming and helpful, there are plenty of places to get food from locally and staff are happy to provide cutlery and plates to eat in your room. The showers are hot and have the basics that you would require from a budget hotel. Even the economy rooms in the basement which don't have a window outlook are fine for an overnight stay, but may get hot in the summer?
I will continue to support them throughout 2014.

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade to one of the rooms upstairs
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Alireza E, General Manager at Le Ville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

WHAT A GUEST!

Thank you so much for your review and your support, we are always more than happy to do anything in our power so you have a lovely stay with Le Ville Hotel.

Once again thank you for your support and hope to see you soon.

Best wishes.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Made an impromptu booking for a combined last minute business (4 hr long evening meeting) and pleasure o(shopping trip) overnight.Yes the room was smallish but it was super cheap (£40), super clean and finished to a high standard. Staff were very pleasant, free muffin upon check in and lots of towels. Perfectly sound proofed even though it is smack bang in the centre of busy Canal Street.

As for Canal Street as a solo female business traveller whom just needs somewhere central to get my head down, I always find it a very safe and friendly area just 5 mins from Picadilly and Chinatown.

Just bare in mind that there are no breakfast facilities at Le Ville but there are lots of options close by.

Will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Room 6 is the economy room super quiet but prob too small if you are a couple staying longer than 2 nights.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank lulubrandy
Alireza E, General Manager at Le Ville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Lulu

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with Le Ville Hotel Manchester for your business trip.
I would like to thank you for your warm words and kind review. As you know we are a brand new hotel which is willing to do anything to keep our guests happy and feel at home at anytime. I value your review and appreciate your time for writing a review for the hotel.

Additionally I am very glad, that you had a good night sleep and a pleasant stay, just to inform you, if you decide to come back to Manchester, on your next stay please book direct by phoning the reservation team on (0161 234 0909) to benefit from our discounted rates and also to receive a complementary bottle of wine at you own choice on check-in.

Once again thank you and good luck.

Ali Eskandari

GM.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

From all the hotels I have stayed in Manchester this is by far the cleanest and had the best service. The reception staff was very friendly and helpful and made me feel welcomed. Some reviews mention the room allocations and the basement rooms. I was given a room at the basement and although the room was quiet compact it was modern nicely decorated and clean, not much to complain for an overnight winter stay -there isnt much sun shine to see on a winter day, who needs a window anyway.
The only downside I can think of is the bathroom pump..i guess due to the location of the room there was a pump behind the loo which kept turning itself on everytime the water is on an it is pretty loud. Also the shower cabin is quite small -i'd think i am not so big- but i turn barely turn in it. Nevertheless these areminor issues and wouldnt ruin an overnight stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your valuable review for Le Ville Hotel. I would like to let you know that one of the most important factors for me as the General Manager of the Hotel is the hygiene and the cleanliness of my property. We try to put ourselves in the guests shoe and feel their needs and want and we try our best to provide them with what they need and want from us, this is mainly why our rooms are cleaned and are highly hygienic.

We all know that the rooms on the lower floor are smaller than the rooms on the ground and first floor, however their standards are kept high, and despite the fact that they are economy rooms, but they are also treated the same as our standard rooms in terms of decor and cleanliness.

Additionally just to inform you that we are looking at other alternatives for the sani-flow pumps which can be a little noisy in the lower ground rooms, and if and when an alternative is found we will replace them without waste of time and as soon as possible.

Once again thank you for your time and your valuable review.

Ali Eskandari

Reviewed 11 December 2013

A very handy find - I travel from Manchester airport early on Mondays sometimes so this is superb for being 5min walk from Manchester Picadilly. The prices I've had for a Sunday night stay are superb. The rooms are a bit on the 'bijou' side but entirely workable, and to be honest I've stayed in much smaller in other cities. The hotel itself has a modern feel to it, is scrupulously clean and so far has provided me with a disgustingly chocolatey muffin on arrival. Maybe not the best place for a long stay unless you pack quite light, and if you are a light sleeper the local nightlife may intrude, but I have to say I plan on going back.

Room Tip: The rooms away from the road are quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RobJDean
Alireza E, General Manager at Le Ville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your kind and warm review, We pride ourselves in, level of service that we provide for our guests, since we opened 9 months ago we tried to be different and offer distinctive services, yes as you have also mentioned some of our rooms are on the smaller side, however the quality, cleanliness and decorations are kept to a high standard.

All I can do is, thank you for choosing to stay with Le Ville Hotel, and we look forward to see you soon again.