“Great location, friendly service ”
Review of Le Ville Hotel

Le Ville Hotel
Ranked #66 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We chose the hotel due to its location in the middle of Canal Street. This meant it was very central both to the nightlife and the city centre but also not the quietest of places. Fortunately the rooms are triple glazed and we had little disturbance from the busy street outside. We booked a kingside room which had a huge bed although the room itself was compact but comfortable and with a high spec bathroom. Breakfast is taken at the Olive Deli, 2mins walk away. The big plus of the hotel is the service which was super friendly day and night.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Alireza E, General Manager at Le Ville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Kian Garin.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking your time for writing a review for Le Ville Hotel. Our aim is 100% customer satisfaction and we want every single one of our guest to leave us with a happy smile and come back to us with a happy smile, therefore we go out of our way to make that happen.

I would like to suggest to make your next reservation directly via our website, e-mail or telephone to receive a complimentary bottle of wine upon check-in.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

First, a confession... I reserved a room at Le Ville due to location on Canal Street. That was a great idea as the location can not be beat for fun in the gay village. The staff, from front desk to cleaning lady was friendly and accommodating.

Where I was less impressed was with the room itself. I had a canal view King. Per European norms, the room was small with the bed filling most of it. The sheets were not stained but they did have considerable wear & tear - but I must stress they were not dirty. The bed itself was quite comfy. The bathroom was large but the lighting over the sink was too dim (shaving was an experience) and the hot water control in the shower was temperamental at best.

Would I stay here again? If I were going to be just doing the fun of Canal Street, then I would go for something less than the canal view king to save some money... there isn't much to see out in the canal and it is a bit noisier (but I was adding to the noise by going out). If anything brought me back to the hotel, it would be the location and the staff... but I'd be tempted to try another one of the small hotels in the area too.

Room Tip: Canal view rooms can be noisy from the crowds outside until around 2 AM.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Alireza E, General Manager at Le Ville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Georgia.

Thank you very much for taking your time for writing a review for Le Ville Hotel.

I would like to let you know that, We put our staff under intense customer service training and that is why that they deliver a 5* customer service to our guests, and they are definitely one of our strengths in the business.

I would like to take the opportunity to express that at Le Ville Hotel our rooms may be a little on the smaller side, however, we guarantee the most comfortable sleeping on the most comfortable beds to our guests.

furthermore, Le Ville Hotel has Deluxe rooms which are located on the top floor, and they also offer a canal view as well and due to the fact that they are located upstairs they are a lot more quite, and their size are slightly bigger than our king rooms, therefore I would like to recommend you to book one of those rooms for your next stay.

Please do not forget to make your next reservation directly by calling the hotel to get the best deal for the Deluxe rooms and to receive your complimentary bottle of wine upon check-in.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to see you soon at Le Ville Hotel.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

The hotel was clean the rooms were small but the service was excellent, great location ideal for a night out..would definitely be staying again, you get muffins and a free bottle of wine and a card to get a free night after so many stays which is a great idea if you are regulars to canal street like we are. Here is the first of many stays......just will book a bigger room next time as room 23 was pretty small.xx

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Alireza E, General Manager at Le Ville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Rhyl

Thank you very much for your review, Some of our rooms are a little on the smaller side however they come with a high quality of standards and a lot of extra goodies when you check-in for example the complementary muffins, complimentary breakfast in the morning and complimentary bottle of wine if your booking is made directly.

Once again thank you very much for your review, please dont forget to make your reservation directly via our website or telephone next time to receive your stay points on your loyalty card.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed here for only one night and on arrival received a lovely, warm welcome by the receptionist who was on duty. My room was small but, as it was booked on the economy rate, it was as expected, quite adequate for my needs and had everything I required including 'Earl Grey' tea bags (an unexpected surprise) and some tasty treats! The mattress was of a really good standard and very comfortable but did not have any mattress protector on, which I found a little disconcerting and, the main wall was definitely in need of a coat of paint as it was really badly stained. The only other negative issue regarding the room was that there was an occasional and rather unpleasant smell of urine encountered at times in the bathroom.
Breakfast the following morning was another surprise, there is no dining area in the hotel so breakfast is taken at a local cafe/deli! This was less then five minutes stroll away so no big deal and really was well worth the walk. I had the full English which was all freshly prepared and served with a good quality of ingredients all washed down with a cup of 'Earl Grey' - most enjoyable.

Room Tip: I booked the economy rate and therefore had a basement room with a 'tiny' window and no view...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Alireza E, General Manager at Le Ville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review, Le Ville Hotel Definitely needs to know what action needs to be taken from our guests point of view, in order to improve the level of service that is providing. Just to let you know we have arranged with a decorator to paint all of the hotel again, although the hotel is still very new, however we respected your kind advice and suggestion.

furthermore regarding the smell in the room we took some action too, and we disinfected all of your toilets and showers completely and to the highest standards and hopefully there will be no more smell.

Over all I am very glad that you had a good experience with Le Ville Hotel, and I really hope to see you again in the near future, Just remember to book directly via our website or telephone to receive your complementary bottle of wine + complementary breakfast and muffins.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I booked online and it was a simple process. When my friend and I arrived and parked in the local car park, it was a very short walk to the hotel, 2 minutes. Upon entering the hotel we were really pleased, it was welcoming and has a lovely reception area, modern and clean. Carl greeted us and was pleasant and booked us in with quick effeciency even giving us a choice of rooms, plus a complimentary chocolate muffin, mmm delicious. Then to our delight our room was nicely decorated and furnished and the bathroom was spotless. Carl kindly ordered a taxi for our evening out, provided a map and pointed out places of interest. Next morning we took our inclusive breakfast in the deli, Olive, literally 3 minute walk from the hotel, and again the full English breakfast was delicious, service friendly and efficient. All in all I fully recommend this hotel and we will definately go again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Jackie

Thank you very much for taking your time and writing a review for Le Ville Hotel.

As the General Manager of Le Ville Hotel I am very happy that you were happy with your stay and accommodation. Our biggest aim here at Le Ville Hotel is to create a differentiation and to provide our guests with the highest level of standards of service, and that is why we give our staff a variety of trainings and therefore we have managed to create a personalized environment for our guests

Once again thank you for your review and we hope to see you soon again, please don't forget to make your next reservation directly with us either via our website or telephone to receive your complementary bottle of wine + muffins on arrival.

Best wishes.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

My mate and I needed to be in the city centre and wanted somewhere with a vibrant atmosphere - and on Canal Street we found it! This hotel is an absolute gem of a find! Classy on the outside to match its swanky interior! We were greeted by Carl, who was so helpful and friendly. The room was perfect - a tad on the small side maybe, but for one night in the city centre it was more than what we needed. Immaculately clean and trendy décor made it somewhere nice to hang out while getting ready for a night on the town!
The morning after the night before - check out time, massive thanks to Carl for ensuring we didn't get lost on the way to breakfast, which by the way, is situated in a little deli round the corner (ive seen people whinge about this), the 3 minute or so walk there was nothing when the food was excellent, one of the best full breakfasts ive had. Back to the hotel to grab our bags and Carl even arranged us a taxi to the station...what a star!
Thanks for everything, this is definitely our first choice when staying in Manchester again, you just cant put a price on personal service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This hotel was booked for me by my employer whilst I attended a conference. I would have been unhappy if I had paid the £85 a night rate.

I stayed in Room 1 on the lower ground floor. Not a total surprise that there isn't a window in the room (just an upper skylight) but they need to make this explicit on the website. The bathroom is directly below the stairs to the basement which makes it rather noisy. As a previous reviewer stated, the toilet pump is also noisy and I could detect unpleasant odours coming through the bathroom ventilation system. Not nice.

No waste paper bin in the room. When I queried this I was told to put all my rubbish in a bag and leave it in the room for clearance. Whilst trying to dispose of something In the bathroom I spotted what appeared to be a blood stained tissue/pad in the bathroom sanitary bin. I complained and this was promptly removed.

However, my main problem was the noise level within the hotel. On my second night the amount of foot traffic above me was very audible - the clomping around and noise from the room above went on well into the early hours. At 4.30am I decided to complain and eventually located the hotel receptionist on the street outside the hotel(!). He promised to monitor the situation explaining that there had been a lot of comings and goings for a weeknight (thursday).

However, at 4.45am hell broke loose above me with screams and frantic running around. Two drunks had found their way into the hotel. I headed to reception where the guy explained that he had been on the point of calling the police before the infiltrators departed. He was apologetic. However, the incident didn't give me much confidence in the hotel security.

So all in all, not a great stay. It's not all bad as the room was generally clean and the chocolate muffin on arrival was a lovely touch. But I will definitely not be staying here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Alireza E, Manager at Le Ville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Nigel

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review regarding your stay at our property.
I would like to apologize that you did not have a good experience during your stay.

Our website and all 3rd party booking websites include description of our Economy Double Room. There is clear indication in the room description that the room is located on our lower floor. We recommend all guests read the room description before booking a room at any hotel. Our hotel also has Standard Double Rooms, king Rooms and Deluxe King Rooms as well as Twin Rooms. All 3 room types are located on our upper floors and all rooms have opening windows. Economy Double Room is the cheapest, budget option and the price difference between an Economy Room and Standard Double Room is only £10.00 We recommend to our guest to book a Standard Double if you prefer opening windows. Only our Economy rooms have a Seniflow pump which can be a little noisy. All other room types do not have a pump.

We apologize that your bin in the room was not emptied from the previous guest. I want to assure you that this has been passed on to the housekeeping Supervisor and all bins are being checked daily by our quality control manager.

I am glad to hear that you had a good night sleep during your first night. I am very sorry that the noise level was high during your second night. We had an incident at the hotel with two intoxicated guests witch is very rare. Our security level is higher then any hotel in the area. All persons entering the hotel have to ring the intercom and all guests are visible on CCTV before entering. That night we had a malfunction with the locking system. This has been now fixed. As you can see from our previous reviews guests praise our high security.

Again I would like to thank you for your review and apologize for any inconvenience.

Kind Regards