“Excellent food, dire customer service”

Wasabi sushi & Noodle bar
Ranked #533 of 2,435 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This was my first proper taste of sushi. Before this i had tried well known supermarket versions which i hated. My friend whos a huge sushi fan pursuaded me to give wasabi a try. We did the £8.95 deal which included 3 grey dishes off the conveyer belt and a curry or noodle dish.

The curry dish was really filling and i adored the freshness of th sushi.

Unfortunlty the customer sevice was really bad. Firstly we stood with 2 other couples in the entrance whilst a girl messed about with setting a table even though there was lots of free space and did not even acknowledge us until i asked her if we could sit down, then she looked really surprised to see lots of people standing there waiting for a table!

Then we had to grab the same girl after we waited ages to have our order taken and she went to a couple who came in after us to take their order first. Then had to grab again to get some thing else. They seriously need to sort out their staff, it was so bad they should be ashamed of themselves.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I have been going into this restaurant for a long time.. The food is absolutely divine , really nice..the only thing that lets them down is the staff who think when you've told them you have 6 or 7 bowls or they are looking frantically at your table it's like your a criminal or something.. I go in here quite frequently (maybe 3 days a week) more sometimes.. When l went in the other day l was not impressed l was made to feel like an idiot.. Then to top the lot the guy felt the need to challenge why l was annoyed.. I will not be going as frequent as l normally do to this restaurant l have decided to go to the other wasabi on Faulkner street.. So annoyed cause normally they are ok.. I'm not taking my business to somewhere that treats me like a criminal l pay your wages

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Ok so it's not polished like yo sushi, but for much less than £10 you'll have had three dishes from the belt and a main meat dish with noodles. Throw in some Asian MTV on the wall and this place feels real and authentic.

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

Wasabi is certainly a good value lunch - they regularly have £1 sushi off the belt (on almost all the dishes). The quality beats Yo! Sushi, but is in that ballpark (I.e. it's not fine dining but great for lunch).

They also have a range of hot food (e.g. fried and soup noodles) with quite large portions.

Only gripe is the staff can be a bit inattentive even when the restaurant is quite empty.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Really love this place, conveniently placed for my regular Manchester city centre hotel. being a sushi virgin, the staff were very friendly and helpful, the service was rapid and efficient. I didnt lie all the food I tried, but thats a risk in trying something new, but the big bonus was the value for money, I was astounded to pay just £8. Th second time I really lived in up and managed to get the bill up to £15