“Plastic Italian”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
“Plastic Italian”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We have just returned from Brunos so called Italian restaurant and I must say how utterly and totally disappointed myself and my husband are the food had no flavour what so ever we had five tapas as starters which had just been warmed through no way had they had been made fresh to us everything had been bought in and re heated. Our main courses of traditional Lobster pasta with prawns in a creamy tomatoe sauce arrived in minutes after our starter. Again totally tasteless and pasta like rubber. This was a meal deal £22.00 which should have included a desert but to be honest we got fed up of waiting so left the worst eatery we have ever eaten in. How this can be listed as the best Italian in the Manchester is beyond belief. You only have to look from the reception down to so called kitchen area to see that no proper cooking is actually going on in these premises. Might be cheap but nothing good about it. One to MISS I would not rate this restaurant.

Visited August 2014
8 Thank Alison O

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Great place small and friendly. service and food excellent. Bruno makes the place always attentive. Will be back many times.

1 Thank 200Janet
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gorgeous!!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Absolutely love this place. The staff are friendly and helpful, they make you feel like one of the family, the food is delicious and the prices are ridiculously reasonable

1 Thank ablinx
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I had heard how good this place was and I wasn't disappointed. Lovely friendly staff and owner, service great, food excellent and prices brilliant

1 Thank Shirley H
Preston, United Kingdom
“Proper Italian food”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Everything was amazing from wine to bill. We only paid 28£ for 2 people but we have got 6 tapas, huge pizza. huge garlic bread (like pizza but without toppings) for 5 people and a bottle of wine for 3 people. I had some pork ribs in the city centre in other Italian restaurant and even though the service was also good but the food did not match Bruno's quality.

A couple of advices I noticed from my last visit: get the waiter proper training and tell him not to worry as it was quite obvious that he was stressed and confused but it did not spoil the evening as I am not picky about people who don't have enough experience. So this is rather advice and not a complaint.

Another advice is to open the windows during hot summer evenings and make a better distribution of table so 5 people could fit better at the table.

All in all I really enjoyed communication and food delivered by Bruno himself. I really felt that he was honest and sincere about his food suggestions. So keep doing great work and we will definitely be visiting you again soon!

Another thing is to make a better distr

1 Thank EdgarasK