“Good concert! Tired Venue!”
Review of O2 Ritz

O2 Ritz
Ranked #20 of 216 Nightlife in Manchester
More attraction details
Owner description: Formerly HMV Ritz, gig venue & nightclub
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Saw a concert here for the first time. Approx 1200 in audience...standing room only. Venue had an upper floor with some seating and balcony overlooking main floor/stage below. Concert great. Venue not so great. Very tired. Bar expensive. Just under £10 for one pint beer and one glass wine. Overall the place had dark dungeon feeling complete with sticky floors! Luckily the good concert made up for this!

Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

I've watched 2 bands here. The script and kodaline. The script gig was packed, boiling and very sweaty! Although the kodaline gig was less full so it was great. Had a great view and the bang sang from the balcony. The drinks are much cheaper than most venues in manchester. The bar staff are terrible! Be prepared to wait !

Reviewed 11 November 2013

My first gig at the Ritz Manchester was Savages on Saturday, great gig, great venue.
In the Oxford Road area of Manchester, a really good area, loads of quirky bars, clubs, places to eat. The capacity I think is about 1500, a comfortable number, the downstairs has a large dance floor standing area, with some high tables with stools dotted around the sides of the dance floor and seated areas to the rear of the room. There is also an upstairs balcony area with seating around the balcony and also at the back towards a bar. Service at the bar was quick, but my partner had both a Stella and a Becks on draught and both tasted weird, he took them back and the barman agreed, so I would suggest sticking to bottles. All in all a great venue in a fab area, I would definitely watch a gig there again.

1  Thank SUZELANC
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We visited here yesterday for 5 hours of Blues, doors opened at 4pm til 11pm watching 5 bands. Imagine our surprise when we tried to leave for a meal to be told no pass outs! We were not told this when we entered. Our attention was drawn to a small sign behind ticket office saying no pass outs which nobody could see. There were some cold sandwiches behind bar only. No seats as upstairs balcony was shut . Lots of complaints but no manager available to discuss. Great gig spoiled by this venue. Would never come here again!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Great venue for smaller not so well known bands or artists.
My main issue was I went with my husband and he decided to go for a final cigarette before the curfew at 10pm he went to the front of the building and was chatting to the door men and all was fine until he wanted to come back in he was told he wasn't allowed back in. No reason at all for it, he called me when I was still inside and I was furious as the band was only part way through the set. The only thing I could think was the curfew but when I checked the time he called to tell me he wasn't allowed back in it was only ten to ten. Complete waste of the ticket at 15.50 plus the booking fee. Very disappointed I have been all over watching the band that was performing there and I can say without a doubt this is has never happened before. Shame cause we have moved close by and I thought little gem but I will never be going back here!

1  Thank danielle m