“Terrible traffic management”

36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Terrible traffic management”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We visited this venue for The Caravan and Motorhome show today (a Saturday). We met my parents there. One the way there, our journey took well over 2 hours (an hour longer than it should have) due to queues off the motorway around Event City and the Trafford Centre next door. We ended up parking in a service road behind the venue as traffic was being directed to park in the Trafford Centre, Event City parking being full. My parents had arrived earlier than us and were parked in the Trafford Centre. On leaving, we managed to get away without too much delay. However, it took my parents nearly two hours to get out of the complex and back to the motorway. The show was good, but I would definitely avoid this venue on a weekend again. I have been there for events on a weekday without problems. Traffic management in that area (and parking) has really got to be improved though!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Clair W

england
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Lovely family day”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Wet with children age 13, 11 and 7. No queues for any rides, and rides lasted a lot longer than an average theme park or fairground. Me and my partner also went on most of the rides. Food inside was on the expensive side-£4 for a hot dog, £2 a bottle of pop/ water. The staff were friendly and the whole place was very clean. The session of four hours was just right and we had a really nice time. Would definitely visit again next year.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Winter Wonderland - Event City - Manchester”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Went to Winter Wonderland on 22nd December we chose the evening slot. When we got there we were greeted by lots of Alaskan Christmas trees but that's probably about as winter wonderland as it got.

First impressions weren't amazing as we were expecting it to look a lot more Christmassy and like a wonderland, in winter. But anyway after getting over that we started to go on the rides. My children were 5 and 6 and I would say this Is perfect for that age range and below. There were a handful of rides my children were too small for but not many.

There are so many rides, fun houses, and inflatable things to go on there there is never a dull moment. It was fairly quiet when we went so didn't have to even wait for the rides really which was perfect as there is nothing worse than waiting for rides with little ones.

The sooty show and the circus dragged on a bit. The sooty show was half an hour long but rather boring. We couldn't make it past 20 mins really. I don't think Sooty is really that relevant to my children either, its not as popular as it was when I was a child,.

The circus was okay in parts, a lot of it was ridiculous, like the matrador bit and stuff but some of it was quite interesting to watch.

They don't have much of a choice for food so id recommend eating before or going to the trafford center for a meal afterwards.

They have little stalls in the middle like hook a duck and stuff which incurs an extra charge,

All in all the rides and stuff were ace, lots of them and age appropriate for my children Just wished it lived up to its name. We still had an ace time though :)

5 Thank Rebecca O
Warrington, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Winter wonderland flop don't go!!!”
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Took my children aged 7,8 looked amazing but was empty made to wait 5-10 mins inbetween rides to wait for the ride to fill up whilst attendants texts there friends ( unprofessional) food and drinks were extremely highly overpriced , chips cost 2.50 and were burnt and overcooked . Tickets state visit to Santa included...... But what they don't tell u is the kids get nothing and then charge u for photos. All your standard fair rides were included hook a duck , darts etc £3.50 a go!!! After paying £56 be prepared to fork out the same in extras not value for money, highlight of the evening was the sooty show can't fault it he did a fab job

23 Thank Denise J
Burnley, United Kingdom
“christmas do”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

very well organised, great night was had by all at this rusian theamed christmas party walzers dodgems and a carasel were just some of the things going on.very profesional

Visited November 2013